April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Perfect Topping (2009) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by monochromia

After I've got this product, I have tried it and found the truth that this is the best highlighter i've owned. Perfect topping is perfect as the name. It brightens my face and blends well on my cheek. My skin looks glow and natural. The glitters are very subtle. For detail, I used RMK cheek blush to blend it. So cute. Absolutely repurchase (but I think it'll last forever ;p)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by lvpoetess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pretty, but I wish it had more color. I wear this with Benefit Dandelion, and layered together they are really beautiful, but alone it is far too sparkly and sheer for a blush, and I'm not really into highlighters. I do like the product though, and I will buy other MSFs, just in darker sahdes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by panda0410

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product!! I absolutely love this as a new highlight MSF. It gives the same beautiful shimmery sheen that Lightscapade offers, but with a slightly deeper hue. The one thing I would have preferred to see was a deeper lavender base in this MSF - but if you are picky at purchase you might be able to find one with a lot of lavender veining.
    I probably wouldnt choose this MSF as a blush colour of any choice, but a a highlighter this has to be the best thing since Lightscapade was released. If you dont have one dont wait - go grab it now!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by thesoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's an OK highlighter that suits all skin tones unless you're really cool or pale. I got this at a whim at a MAC counter at Nordstrom, but I'm really glad I did. The marbles are as other reviewers said; ivory, purple, brown, and orange. It's pretty wild so it's fun to look at. When swirled all together, you get a pale golden-apricot shimmer with very fine gold pearl. No glitter chunks floating around like other MSF's. I'm an NC25 and when sweeped all over with a 187 brush, the sheen just melts into my skin perfectly and gives me a "just-got-a-facial" glow. I like this better than lightscapade MSF because the shimmer is not too obvious or artificial. I personally hate it when the bridge of my nose flashes obvious silver or pinkish shimmers like those times you use too much Benefit High Beam. It's on the verge of being a little too dark on me, but I can see this work beautifully on tan and olive girls.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Tartlette

Believe it or not - this was my first MSF! I've been into MAC for years and finally just now I've gotten around to buying one and I don't regret it one bit! I have pale skin so I knew right away that out of the two from the Sugarsweet collection I'd want Perfect Topping. The colour is a very creamy beigey/peachy/lavender and glides on sooooo smooth onto my skin giving it a very healthy glow (not greasy but a very pretty sheen). I've been using it as a highlighter and it's beautiful. If you love MSFs, get this one - it's my perfect highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Krisababy

LOOOOVE this! My first ever MSF and have to say im extremely happy with it, its a gorgeous colour and does the job as a highlight colour, also the purplish colour makes for a nice blush colour although very sheer it adds a nice, natural healthy glow, brilliant :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first MSF highlight and it's perfect. It gives a nice subtle glow to my NC37/40 face and doesn't look too ashy or glittery. I've been using it everyday over my peachtwist blush and it's def. reached HG status for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by jenryan82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder gives my skin such a beautiful sheen. I never understood the big deal is the MSF's, but now that I have this powder, I completely understand. It is not loaded with glitter which is a good thing for me. When I first wore it people said that I had a glow about me. That is awesome. Now I'm starting to wonder if I should buy a backup.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 11:25:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I just got this lovely highlighter today. I tried NARS Albatross and I thought that was a quite ordinary highlighter. However, I really like this one. It is kind of like Albatross except this also have peach and pink as well as gold in it. So, it's much more natural. The color payoff is much better than Albatross.
    My only complaint is the powder is quite loose. I experienced this w/ all MSFs though.
    This is only one of the MSF that does *not* make my pores looks big.
    Definitely rec.!
    I will update later
    Update 4/4/09
    This has reached *HG* status for highlighting.If I put too much of it does makes me look oily.
    I don't think I have ever found a better or more perfect highlighting shade than this. This is very versatile for a NC 25-30 skin tone range because it can serve both as a highlighter and a blush. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This is a very natural pink-hued highlight as others have said. I would agree that this gives you more of a glow rather than shimmer. I do have to add blush because hardly any color shows up on my NC35 cheeks. Today I layered it with Dame and it looks natural and fresh. I passed on Refined because it's not quite summer yet, and Perfect Topping seemed like a better color for spring. I'm not a huge fan of MSFs but I do have Soft and Gentle and So Ceylon and I'm glad I added this one to my collection.