July 24, 2014 | 1376 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 10:00:00 AM More reviews by tracy73

It is quite good to remove make-up and clean. It isn't dry my skin and cheap. It costs 1.5 pounds (crazy sale). I bought 3 bottle. But it irritate my eyelids

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by philomenakateri

Thank God I only bought the starter kit with this skin cleansing line. I developed hives on my face after using the cleanser, toner and moisturizer. I guess I'm allergic to seaweed. So caution to anyone who is allergic to seafood, seaweed. This skincare line may not be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by migrithea

I've been looking for a decent gentle gel cleanser for a while, got carried away with creme cleansers for a bit until I realized that they just didn't clean my face very well. So I went back to gel cleansers and again subjected my skin to drying. I got a sample pack of TBS seaweed line, cleanser with toner and some shine control cream. For now, I am very impressed with the results. After first wash my face felt soft smooth and my pores were refined. The toner is also good. Haven't tried the cream, I'm sure it would be great, but I too detest the marine soapy fragrance. Tolerable with the cleanser and toner, as they are transient, but to have that smell sit on my face? Ick. No way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite scented but I've had no adverse reaction; it seems to get all my makeup off and combat oil almost as well as my favourite. (I've stopped using this but I still think it's an ok product. I've simply gone off foaming cleansers and my skin seems much happier now.)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2003 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ChaniMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ouch - not for skin sensitive to fragrance. I used it for two weeks, and like most TBS skincare, it was too fragranced for my skin. In addition, I have no idea why the hell they call it seaweed cleanser, especially when the bladderwrack powder is in such minute quantities (yes, it comes AFTER preservatives in the list of ingredients). Needless to say, my skin was red, itchy, bumpy and irritated, so this went back PRONTO! The only good thing about it is that unlike their previous oily skin line (cucumber milk) they left the waxy lanolin out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Senta

This product was just too highly fragranced for me. It burned my skin and made it itch.

I also don't think it is very effective at removing makeup. The SA said to try following up with a toner, but I really wanted a one step cleanser, and this just wasn't it. Will stick with Paula's Choice for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2003 2:12:00 AM More reviews by awboo

I use this cleanser religiously for almost two years now. It is great for oily skin. I have tried numerous other products. My acne has actually improved a lot. My cheeks are very sensitive and tend to become dry and irritated easily. I use this cleanser mainly on my T-zone and then quickly rub it on my cheeks and rinse it off. It works great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2003 6:54:00 AM More reviews by lucyc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is something I bought because I was in the airport and the most decent shop airside was TBS! And I'm so pleased I got it! It is not drying at all, foams up to a decent but not overwhelming amount and leaves my skin silky soft. The smell is natural and not at all overpowering - a new holy grail!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2002 12:31:00 AM More reviews by appleqn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product that gently cleanses face and has a lovely, clean scent to it. Very light texture, gell-like. Lathers quite well and leaves face feeling clean and soft. Con: Don't think it removes make-up quite well as still found traces of makeup when using toner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2002 8:24:00 AM More reviews by candyland

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love their balancing cleansing gel a while ago and they discontinued it. Now, this new gel face wash is even better. It's very gentle and does a wonderful cleansing job. My oily skin was soft, clean, and radiant afterward.