September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by irenatoh

I've used up about 5 tubes so far. Despite my cousin's comments that it dries her skin, I still think this works well for me. It did not leave a tight feeling for my combi skin. However, have to follow-up with toner to ensure the face is really clean (for make-up users).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2004 8:02:00 PM More reviews by kaepora

I used to use this when I was having bad breakouts. For whatever reason, it is really good at clearing up acne, even without any acne medication. On the other hand, it's drying. It can be irritating for sensitive skins. I stopped using it because it dried my face out too much.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2004 8:37:00 PM More reviews by BeatrixKiddo

This facial wash made me break out in hives and left my sensitive/oily skin dry and coarse. But probably I am allergic to seaweed, as this product seems to work for some of my friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2004 2:23:00 AM More reviews by ParasiteEve_Under

I really like this cleanser. I've gone through about 6 tubes of it now. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean which i like. The only downfall is that in Australia one bottle is about $20+ but in Sg i got it for like $14+ a bottle. I bought about 4 bottles/tube of it while i was there. While it does wash off make-up, i don't think it thoroughly cleans off foundations. A good cleanser for everyday use, but if need to wash off mae-up, i suggest using washcloth first.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2004 10:00:00 AM More reviews by tracy73

It is quite good to remove make-up and clean. It isn't dry my skin and cheap. It costs 1.5 pounds (crazy sale). I bought 3 bottle. But it irritate my eyelids

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2004 2:57:00 PM More reviews by philomenakateri

Thank God I only bought the starter kit with this skin cleansing line. I developed hives on my face after using the cleanser, toner and moisturizer. I guess I'm allergic to seaweed. So caution to anyone who is allergic to seafood, seaweed. This skincare line may not be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2004 2:31:00 PM More reviews by migrithea

I've been looking for a decent gentle gel cleanser for a while, got carried away with creme cleansers for a bit until I realized that they just didn't clean my face very well. So I went back to gel cleansers and again subjected my skin to drying. I got a sample pack of TBS seaweed line, cleanser with toner and some shine control cream. For now, I am very impressed with the results. After first wash my face felt soft smooth and my pores were refined. The toner is also good. Haven't tried the cream, I'm sure it would be great, but I too detest the marine soapy fragrance. Tolerable with the cleanser and toner, as they are transient, but to have that smell sit on my face? Ick. No way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is quite scented but I've had no adverse reaction; it seems to get all my makeup off and combat oil almost as well as my favourite. (I've stopped using this but I still think it's an ok product. I've simply gone off foaming cleansers and my skin seems much happier now.)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2003 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ChaniMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ouch - not for skin sensitive to fragrance. I used it for two weeks, and like most TBS skincare, it was too fragranced for my skin. In addition, I have no idea why the hell they call it seaweed cleanser, especially when the bladderwrack powder is in such minute quantities (yes, it comes AFTER preservatives in the list of ingredients). Needless to say, my skin was red, itchy, bumpy and irritated, so this went back PRONTO! The only good thing about it is that unlike their previous oily skin line (cucumber milk) they left the waxy lanolin out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2003 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Senta

This product was just too highly fragranced for me. It burned my skin and made it itch.

I also don't think it is very effective at removing makeup. The SA said to try following up with a toner, but I really wanted a one step cleanser, and this just wasn't it. Will stick with Paula's Choice for now.