Bath and Body Works whole store

3.5

on 5/29/2005 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Bath and Body Works, contrary to popular opinion, is one of my least favorite stores. The packaging is cheap, plastic, and everything seems wasteful. The atmosphere is overly bright, loud (obnoxious music), busy, and depressing, and on top of that, the products are AWFUL. They all smell so cheap, and don't work AT ALL. The only product I ever liked was Banana-Rama-Ding-Dong hand soap. It smells like Trix and makes me laugh everytime I read the name.
I can never get out of B&BW fast enough...
ugh

I've worked at BBW for going on three years now and after reading through the reviews, let me just say this:
1. It is the SA's job to sell. Granted, they shouldn't be so pushy that you want to leave. But you guys have to understand-if we don't do our job, we get yelled at.
2. I agree with everyone on here that BBW needs to go back to how it used to be. I miss the old school BBW and I hate that we keep coming out with new lines. There's three news one alone coming out before August!
3. The reason scents get discontinued is because they stop selling. That's just common marketing sense.

on 5/22/2005 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Since I live in a city without a Sephora store, I'm pretty excited that BBW has started carrying other brands like Murad, Awake, Lippmann, DDF, etc. I am not so impressed with their own brands but every once and awhile cave in and buy a good-smelling, overpriced scrub or lotion.

on 3/25/2005 9:21:00 PM

I liked this store alot better when it first opened up. They had so many great scents that they discontinued! I used to love flowering herbs, seaspray, vanilla bean, freesia. They are introducing so many new products all the time instead of sticking with the old ones that were actually good! Most of the scents now are way too strong- only a teeny bopper could get away with wearing. The items are getting more expensive and the quality of the products has decreased. The only thing I buy there now are some of the glycerin soaps and antibacterial hand soaps. I loved their lip glosses, but don't know if they still make them. Basically I'll only go to this store it there is a sale.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I used to love this store...I didn't have one in my mall until at least 1996, and I was there constantly. I just think that the quality of their products has really decreased, along with their prices going higher (I remember when a body splash was only $8!). I will not buy any lotions from there ever again, as they don't do crap for me (I have oily skin anyway, hello!). I hate how they discontinue scents (and products!) so often, also. I do like their body splashes, antibacterial stuff, and lip glosses, though.

I love this store! It's one of my faves. The SA's can be annoying, though. They're there when you don't want them to be, and nowhere to be found when you want them!

on 2/25/2005 12:01:00 PM

I've been shopping there since the 5th grade, lol. I remembered my 1st scent was Junipter Breeze.

Some scents brings back good memories and I would purchase it because 1) It smells really good and 2) it's sentimental.

Like Sun-Ripen Raspberry I was using when I had my 1st BF, lol, that was during the fall time years ago...

And Freesia when I went to my 1st dance, Cucumber Melon when I found out my crush had a crush on me, lol. I sound retartded!

I didn't use B&BWs my whole entire educated life (now in college and I have Warm Vanilla Sugar somewhere in my bathroom,lol) I would use different scent but back in the days when perfum smelled too strong B&BWs would smell really light. Almost every girl would have a bottle of B&BWs lotion tucked in her backpack.

on 1/17/2005 4:30:00 PM

I generally dislike stuff from this store (exception being the sadly-discontinued White Tea & Ginger line) b/c it's nauseatingly heavy/strong and sickly-sweet smelling. The scents are okay for teenyboppers, but I like something more subtle and sophisticated. Plus, the quality of the products is not good, given the steep prices they charge. I'm especially annoyed about the lotions b/c they don't do jack to your skin except grease it up.

on 1/12/2005 9:40:00 AM

Seems as if B&BW read this board because they just opened a new store near where I live. It is a pilot store, sort of like a Sephora. It has all the normal stuff you would expect, and it also carries other brands. Jacqua Girl's, Murad, and more. I found it to be a refreshing change. I can still get the few things that I still love from B&BW and find some higher end items as well. Check it out if you can.

I love the antibacterial soap, silk spray and body splash from BBW!!! Warm Vanilla Sugar is like a scent from heaven - YUM! I do think the prices are a bit much, but the smell makes it all worth it. I find the body splash lasts almost all day (not bad for a splash) and my hands do get dry when using the soap- but thats expected

Popular Other Products