July 29, 2014 | 1648 users online

Self Tanners - Jergens - Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2009 11:07:00 AM More reviews by LeeLee1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The application I did this morning is my 3rd application of this product: So far so good on color. Not super noticable yet, but what I do see looks natural. I've applied it to my face twice, and so far so good. Like other reviews have said, this stuff feels just like hair mousse. Rubs in VERY quickly (so quickly I'm always paranoid I'll never get an even application, but so far no streaks). No strong smell.

As one reviewer suggested, I use a makeup sponge to apply it to my feet and the back of my hands (thanks for the awesome tip!!). Those are the only places I can tell a major difference so far, and I'm very pleased with the results - yay! My hands and feet no longer look white washed (but the color blends perfectly with the rest of my body)!

My initial plan is to apply twice a day, then I'm going to apply about every other day or every two days to maintain my color. I'll update after I've applied twice a day for about a week and a half.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by BEBE_T

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using sunless tanners for a few years (with some relative success, I suppose), I decided they weren't really worth the trouble a couple of years ago and stopped using them. I wanted to use them, but it just seemed like so much work to ensure a nice, even tan. Plus, I am fair-skinned and any mistakes I might make in applying the tanner will be pretty evident. So, for the past year or so, I've been purchasing various gradual tanners and letting them sit in by bathroom cabinet, unused, for fear of 1) ending up with questionable results or 2) my skin having a terrible reaction to them. I saw the reviews for the Jergens foam, though, and thought I'd buy it and maybe even eventually use it. lol I got the medium to tan version, despite being fair-skinned, as I'd read years ago that sunless tanners in "fair to medium" generally resulted in a more yellow/orange color. I'd noticed that myself, as well, so I always buy the darker version.

I did breakdown and use it yesterday afternoon. I was clean from my shower the night before (during which I shaved and exfoliated). I followed the advice I'd read and was sure to rub the foam into my skin until it was dry (fortunately, it dries pretty quickly). I even applied this to my face (which REALLY made me a bit nervous, as I have extremely reactive and sensitive skin and rosacea, but I'd always preferred to use the same tanner on my face and body). I know that some people claim not to notice any sort of scent or odor from this, but I did. Initially, it smelled like a couple of those too sweet BBW scented lotions to which I am allergic. Then, it began to smell just like the Neutrogena sunless foam I used years and years ago (a definite tanner-skin reaction smell). Since this is a gradual tanner, I didn't notice any real color develop yesterday. I took a shower about six hours after applying it. Even after my shower, I could still smell the tanner on my hands, for some reason, but nowhere else.

When I got up this morning, I notice that my upper body had some color and that my face looked like I'd been in the sun a bit yesterday (so far the color is natural looking and my reddish undertones show through, so it looks like a tan I would get from the sun). There isn't yet a noticeable difference on my legs, but that is usually the part of me that takes a bit longer to achieve color, so this isn't a knock against the product at all.

So far, I don't think my skin is reacting poorly to the tanner, either. *knock on wood*

While I did use some care, when applying this, I wasn't meticulous and so far I don't see any streaks or mistakes. Once I've used this a few more times, I will update this review. The only reason I gave this a four instead of a five is because I can't see myself using this as a daily moisturizer--the smell, though it isn't the worst by far, would be too much for me and it did make my dryish/normal skin (on the face) a little oily looking after about two or three hours. I will use this just as I'd use any non-gradual sunless tanner--either just before bed or in the afternoon so that I can shower the smell away before bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by nwhite1275

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so fair and I hated using self tanners cuz they never looked good on me, I was reading on line that everyone loved this plus the girls at work say it's great as well, so I got it yesterday. Wow it was so easy and didnt' smell that bad, the color isn't to much and the cost was great for the little bottle as well.. this is one to get ladies :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by chickadeeluvr

This is an incredible product. Honestly, product of the year in my opinion! It does not smell like a self-tanner, it spreads so evenly and so easily, and the color looks natural. It leaves my skin feeling very moisturized, too. Don't hesitate to try this one even if you've had bad experiences in the past.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:37:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used several self tanners over the years, and have NEVER had one dry so fast! I also have never had such a small amount spread so far. A golf ball sized squirt of the mousse will cover a whole leg. By the time you get done rubbing the tanner on the second leg, your first leg is dry. When I purchased it, I thought it was such a tiny bottle, but a little goes a very long way. I could see the can easily lasting a month. I am one of those people who always have self tanner odor while the tan is developing, but the smell isn't very strong and certainly not overbearing with this product. So far, no streaks either, or orange palms. **You must break the little tab on the front of the applicator button** The can is very easy to dispense the product if that little tab is broken. Save yourself the headache and break the plastic tab before even trying to dispense the product.

**EDIT** Okay, if you live in my town, you may not be able to find this...BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BUY EVERY CAN I FIND!!! This is truly the best self tanner ever. Not a single streak.None. It dries unbelieveably fast. You use so little. It looks so good. I am serious. I am going to stockpile this stuff. If you are in Middle TN, you better hurry. I am about to hoard this stuff every single time I find it. Jergens got this one right!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by IdetteB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay, this is hands down the best tanner i have ever used. I don't use tanner as much as I want to because of the smell and this does not have that. I did break the little plastic piece under the spout like another reviewer suggested and it works great. I get a real natural color. Other stuff always looked ok but had a peachy or orange hue...this does not at all. I have had no streaking problems whatsoever with this and iI'm not the best as application either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Man I hate that pump lolz.

Anyway, good product. This was actually my first ST since....a long time. I'm a NC25 and this brought me up to a NC35 :) Yup, quite a difference. I can put clothes on literally right away (after you rub in all the foam of course) with no problems whatsoever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by swiftxwings

I am on the fourth day of using it. There is a slight smell typical of self-tanners but it is not strong at all. I am extremely amazed with this product in terms of the smoothness it leaves. I cannot remember the last time my skin felt so good to the touch. It is like silk! I am olive-skinned to begin with. After four applications, there has been a definite change in colour and it looks wonderful - except for on my legs. There have been streaking marks left behind which is odd because I am not applying it any different there than anywhere else. That is rather disappointing and I will try to even it out. Everywhere else is perfect, even on my back where I cannot even reach properly! As for the bottle itself, it has a funny little nib so that the foam curls underneath and then I have to clean it. But that is not really discouraging to me! So overall, it is a good product, I just need to work on the legs.
Edit: Alright, so I was able to even out the tan on my legs. However, and this is sort of obvious, do not sweat with this product on. I had a fever 5 hours after I had applied the foam, and now my bedsheets are stained yellow/brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by LarrieuBland2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great self tanner! Gives superb color in just one application and is very easy to use...spreads well, dries very fast and does not smell! So glad jergens came out with this foam....LOVE IT!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Scott77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Excellent product.

Pros:
Cost.
Blends easily.
Only slight sunless tanner smell.
Actually adds moisture to skin and makes skin feel soft.
Nice texture, not sticky after it dries.
Natural color.

Cons:

None

This is really easy and pleasant to use. I followed some tips I read here in the reviews of this product. Use a small amount and blend until it dries. Use it twice a day at first until you get the color you want. It doesn't transfer onto clothing and it does not feel uncomfortable or sticky. I even used it on my face and had nice results.