Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Daily Moisturizer-Medium Tan

3.9

Water, Glycerin, Isobutane, Butylene Glycol, Propane, Polysorbate 20, Laureth 3, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Ceteareth 25, Polyquaternium 4, Cetrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Fragrance, Erythrulose, Dihydroxyacetone

on 6/4/2009 3:45:00 AM

I have to say for a tanner, it does work, if you apply it regularly. Once you stop, your color starts to change to a yellow/orange...not natural.It's obvious in daylight or sunlight. You do see results in several applications and it does apply evenly w/no streaking. It is kinda sticky as you are applying it and it's not really a good moistizer. It leaves your skin kind of like a matte tan, so you have to apply something that adds sheen afterwards like a mineral oil or a rich moisturizer.
I consider myself as having med-dark undertones and I tan quickly so I bought the med-dark color. If you forget to wash your hands well after applications, they do start to have an orange tint to it.

on 6/3/2009 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the natural looking color and the fact that it doesn't streak. The application is very easy so as long as you exfoliate and moisturize before applying the product to your skin. I was happy I could finally blend some of my tan lines. But unfortunately I can still detect the typical self-tanner odor and could not really hide it. It permeated my clothes. But I have smelled worse. The can is very convenient and dispenses a good amount onto my hands. Worth a shot.

on 6/2/2009 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't mean to be debbie downer here but this did not work for me. It could be that I just should have bought the lighter shade but the medium shade got so much better reviews. Anyway, it was like any other self tanner I've tried....streaky. And I did exfoliate before I applied but there were large chuky orange streaks on my feet and various places on my legs. I kept it at 3 stars because it did dry pretty quickly. I ended up buying the L'oreal spray bronzer and I'm loving that one so much more.

on 6/2/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not sure what the big fuss is about this product. I have very fair skin, I have used this 2 nights in a row and you can't tell that I have anything on!. And it does stink like the lotion! I'll go back to my fave...Banana Boat Summer Color.

Ok, I am officially throwing out all of my other self tanning products that make me smell like I bathed in Mystic Tan ;) This has only the slightest "tanner" scent to it, nothing that can't be covered up by scented body powder, or spray once it's been dry for a while. Like other reviewers I'm a fair-skinned girl who bought the medium-dark by mistake, and it works just fine. I'm actually happy to apply it less often; I'm guessing I'm getting a bit more "bang" per application with the darker shade.

Even my boyfriend, who HATED the smell when I used to use the Mystic Tan, has moved in on my stash! The only downside...now I have to tan us both ;)

on 6/1/2009 11:07:00 AM

The application I did this morning is my 3rd application of this product: So far so good on color. Not super noticable yet, but what I do see looks natural. I've applied it to my face twice, and so far so good. Like other reviews have said, this stuff feels just like hair mousse. Rubs in VERY quickly (so quickly I'm always paranoid I'll never get an even application, but so far no streaks). No strong smell.

As one reviewer suggested, I use a makeup sponge to apply it to my feet and the back of my hands (thanks for the awesome tip!!). Those are the only places I can tell a major difference so far, and I'm very pleased with the results - yay! My hands and feet no longer look white washed (but the color blends perfectly with the rest of my body)!

My initial plan is to apply twice a day, then I'm going to apply about every other day or every two days to maintain my color. I'll update after I've applied twice a day for about a week and a half.

on 6/1/2009 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

After using sunless tanners for a few years (with some relative success, I suppose), I decided they weren't really worth the trouble a couple of years ago and stopped using them. I wanted to use them, but it just seemed like so much work to ensure a nice, even tan. Plus, I am fair-skinned and any mistakes I might make in applying the tanner will be pretty evident. So, for the past year or so, I've been purchasing various gradual tanners and letting them sit in by bathroom cabinet, unused, for fear of 1) ending up with questionable results or 2) my skin having a terrible reaction to them. I saw the reviews for the Jergens foam, though, and thought I'd buy it and maybe even eventually use it. lol I got the medium to tan version, despite being fair-skinned, as I'd read years ago that sunless tanners in "fair to medium" generally resulted in a more yellow/orange color. I'd noticed that myself, as well, so I always buy the darker version.

I did breakdown and use it yesterday afternoon. I was clean from my shower the night before (during which I shaved and exfoliated). I followed the advice I'd read and was sure to rub the foam into my skin until it was dry (fortunately, it dries pretty quickly). I even applied this to my face (which REALLY made me a bit nervous, as I have extremely reactive and sensitive skin and rosacea, but I'd always preferred to use the same tanner on my face and body). I know that some people claim not to notice any sort of scent or odor from this, but I did. Initially, it smelled like a couple of those too sweet BBW scented lotions to which I am allergic. Then, it began to smell just like the Neutrogena sunless foam I used years and years ago (a definite tanner-skin reaction smell). Since this is a gradual tanner, I didn't notice any real color develop yesterday. I took a shower about six hours after applying it. Even after my shower, I could still smell the tanner on my hands, for some reason, but nowhere else.

When I got up this morning, I notice that my upper body had some color and that my face looked like I'd been in the sun a bit yesterday (so far the color is natural looking and my reddish undertones show through, so it looks like a tan I would get from the sun). There isn't yet a noticeable difference on my legs, but that is usually the part of me that takes a bit longer to achieve color, so this isn't a knock against the product at all.

So far, I don't think my skin is reacting poorly to the tanner, either. *knock on wood*

While I did use some care, when applying this, I wasn't meticulous and so far I don't see any streaks or mistakes. Once I've used this a few more times, I will update this review. The only reason I gave this a four instead of a five is because I can't see myself using this as a daily moisturizer--the smell, though it isn't the worst by far, would be too much for me and it did make my dryish/normal skin (on the face) a little oily looking after about two or three hours. I will use this just as I'd use any non-gradual sunless tanner--either just before bed or in the afternoon so that I can shower the smell away before bed.

on 5/27/2009 10:22:00 PM

I'm so fair and I hated using self tanners cuz they never looked good on me, I was reading on line that everyone loved this plus the girls at work say it's great as well, so I got it yesterday. Wow it was so easy and didnt' smell that bad, the color isn't to much and the cost was great for the little bottle as well.. this is one to get ladies :)

This is an incredible product. Honestly, product of the year in my opinion! It does not smell like a self-tanner, it spreads so evenly and so easily, and the color looks natural. It leaves my skin feeling very moisturized, too. Don't hesitate to try this one even if you've had bad experiences in the past.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have used several self tanners over the years, and have NEVER had one dry so fast! I also have never had such a small amount spread so far. A golf ball sized squirt of the mousse will cover a whole leg. By the time you get done rubbing the tanner on the second leg, your first leg is dry. When I purchased it, I thought it was such a tiny bottle, but a little goes a very long way. I could see the can easily lasting a month. I am one of those people who always have self tanner odor while the tan is developing, but the smell isn't very strong and certainly not overbearing with this product. So far, no streaks either, or orange palms. **You must break the little tab on the front of the applicator button** The can is very easy to dispense the product if that little tab is broken. Save yourself the headache and break the plastic tab before even trying to dispense the product.

**EDIT** Okay, if you live in my town, you may not be able to find this...BECAUSE I AM GOING TO BUY EVERY CAN I FIND!!! This is truly the best self tanner ever. Not a single streak.None. It dries unbelieveably fast. You use so little. It looks so good. I am serious. I am going to stockpile this stuff. If you are in Middle TN, you better hurry. I am about to hoard this stuff every single time I find it. Jergens got this one right!