Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer

3.8

All shades contain: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Hexyl Laurate Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Lecithin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Chloride, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene, Carbonate, Silica, Alumina, Potassium Sorbate, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol. /- Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 11/15/2012 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to wear this concealer thinking it was legit.. I was so wrong. My aunt took a picture of me and you could tell I was wearing concealer. I was so embarrassed. NEVER AGAIN !

on 10/29/2012 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a good concealer, definitely not great. The coverage is medium to full, I don't think it's as full coverage as they make it out to be. It goes on smooth and is blendable and dries to a matte/velvet finish. I like it but still unsure if I'd repurchase.

on 10/24/2012 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really not impressed by this at all. I have heard decent things about this line, but, unfortunately, the concealer did very little to conceal a tat on by upper, lower arm. I REALLY hate to recommend dermablend, but I'm going to in this case.

on 10/24/2012 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was in Sephora, randomly looking at thick, full coverage concealers. I usually use organic, mostly natural, or minimal ingredient concealers and foundations. But seeing as how I use organic skin care, I've started to say "Screw it" about the makeup, and as long as it doesn't have petroleum, which my skin hates, I'll try it.

I grabbed Light 16 and tested it on my hand, and it blended perfectly. For some reason, the description claimed there were pink tones, but I didn't see any pink - and I am fair with neutral to slight yellow undertones. I've bought pricier concealers that had far less volume, so I wasn't worried about the price. This is over half an ounce and extremely full coverage!

I don't have any tattoos. But I do have plenty of scars, blemishes, dark undereye circles, redness, etc. I applied this concealer all over my moisturized face, and then walked around in various lighting with a mirror. And every time, I kept thinking, "Is this magic? Is Kat a witch? Because this is amazing. Where are my blemishes? Where is my redness? Heck, where did my pores go?" The shade was so very perfect, almost exactly like my MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC15 or my Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in Shade 2.0 or my It Cosmetics Concealer in Light. My skin was smooth, soft, and honestly without flaws. I was floored. To be honest, I only knew who Kat Von D was from commercials for her tattoo show on TV, and occasionally from magazines. But I figured she would know what she was doing, creating makeup to cover tattoos.

Sooo... yeah. I. Love. This. Concealer. I might love it forever, I don't know. But it is right up there with It Cosmetics Bye Bye Concealer, which was created by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists! Score one for the tattoo artist, then.

on 10/15/2012 6:45:00 PM

Again I fell for the raves. Again. And yet again, let down. Zero coverage, too wet, wouldn't blend, and wouldn't stick, to skin or to itself. The light end color range is nice, and the amount in the tube was great, though I wasted a significant amount just trying to get any amount to stick to me, and build. After 10 minutes wasted on one eye, and zero coverage, I abandoned it.

on 9/25/2012 9:26:00 AM

I never thought I'd buy, let alone rave about, a makeup from a tattoo artist. But this is te best concealer I've ever used. Covers really well and lasts all day.

on 9/22/2012 9:25:00 PM

I have been using this as a concealer for my face for a few years now. I have bought three tubes and they last a long time (I went thru it faster when I was wearing makeup on a daily basis). I love this as a concealer because you can use it straight from the tube to cover under eye circles, broken capillaries and blotchy skin. If you want a lighter coverage- you can mix it with moisturizer. I have applied it with my fingers or a brush, both give great results.
The lightest color went well with my skin (which is a hard match). It works better in winter than summer (when i am sweating my face off!) and I would recommend this product for people who are looking for intense coverage (and are willing to build contours from there- using bronzer, blush and highlighter).

on 9/2/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to cry because of how god damn expensive this product was but I just love it to death. I personally don't like to conceal my dark circles, you might think this is weird but I like my dark circles. It adds more life into your eyes and with mascara you look completely different. Plus 85% of the time undereye concealers cake on so bad no matter what I do. I use concealer for my acne scars and redness onlyy.

It's great at covering blemishes, redness, and scars because it is just so pigmented and so build-able. It's not the most full coverage concealer out there but if you apply one thin layer, and add another, it could be a full-coverage concealer. I am NC42 in MAC Studio Fix Powder so I got the shade Medium 26 "Original Tan" and it matches me perfectly. The only reason I wanted a new concealer because the other concealer I was using had a strong yellow undertone and was way too pale, I couldn't deal with looking in the mirror and having white patches of concealer on my face and I'm glad I bought this concealer.

If you decide to build up the coverage I do recommend waiting until the concealer dries, because it can easily smudge, also wait for it to dry until you set it with powder. Other than the expensive price, I will keep buying this product until my acne scars disappear.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Kay Von D is my hero!! This concealer works amazingly well at covering blemishes and dark spots. I don't use it to cover my tats though- I like to show em off! What's great about the formula is that it's oil-free and looks natural on my face, not cakey or oily as other concealers do. My skin is oily & acne-prone for reference, and this product has not caused a breakout. My shade is Medium 22 which is yellow-toned and especially good for redness, my recommendation is to invest in a good setting powder to put on top of the concealer. Using this product without powder will make it less effective. I will repurchase this most definitely because it blows all other coverups out of the water! Seriously HG status and the tube lasts forever since you only need the tiniest amount for daily use.

on 8/16/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Well when I bought this concealer I couldnt really tell the color from the website so it was a bit too light for me so I had to put foundation over it again so my natural skin color could show up, but otherwise it does last for a very long time, and it covers the circles under my eyes! I would buy it again but maybe in a darker shade! Oh and I also should mention that I used this for my face as an every day concealer and NOT a tattoo concealer.

Top Rated Kat Von D Products