September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by sc2944

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this concealer. It's perfect for blemishes on the skin, not too sure about tattoos, though. The only thing you have to be conscious of is blending. Make sure to put it EXACTLY where you need to cover up and just pat it on, otherwise it will look cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sooooo, im an nc 25 roughly and i bought this is sand because light was too pink, but sand ended up being too light. so the color selection is sort of limited just because the undertones are too strong. the next yellow color after sand is medium, but that was way to dark. also, this emphasized EVERY dry flake on my face. so beware dry skinned ladies! i was also unimpressed with the coverage. my mac concealers still do the job better and they are not advertised as tattoo concealers. i was expecting much better. this did not even cover my broken capillaries.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I got this as a sample...
I got a bit of the lightest shade and tried some on today.

The shade is absolutely PERFECT (I am extremely fair-skinned) but it caked up into the lines under my eyes.

Feeling my skin, it is dirty/textured/gritty to the touch, and this is after I washed/exfoliated and moisturized..

I tried using it as a tattoo concealer, just to see if y'know, it works. I put on 3 'layers' onto my chestpiece, and it KIND OF worked. I walked about for a little while in the sun and perspired a little, it melted right off.

I much prefer MAC Studio Sculpt in NC15 and it's matching li'l tube of concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by elles143

I bought this to cover up a tattoo and I know others have had success with it, I just don't have the patience to apply multiple layers and wait forever for it to dry. I've used it to cover blemishes and it's great for that but for that price but really, any concealer would work for that.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by staylor7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yuck. I have dark under eye circles and the SA at Sephora recomended this. It looked ok at the store so I bought a tube. With in 30 minutes I looked in the mirror again, and it got SO cakey and filled in every fine line in my eye area. I gave it another try the next day...same thing. Yuck Yuck Yuck...to heavy for under the eye, I took this back.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by austenraelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealor wasn't for me. I definitely think it could work for some but as someone with a dry complexion I found this caked on me and made me look a bit older than I actually am. It just seemed to hug the dryer parts of my face and it sank into the lines around my eyes (and I want to believe I don't have many yet!!). It is quite heavy though so I think many people looking for good coverage could benefit from this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I really wanted to love this product, as I die for Kat Von D's primers, but sadly it was a miss.
PROS: The packaging is sleek and allowed for just the right amount of product. A little goes a long way with this product so the high price tag isn't that bad if it works for you. It really does a good job of covering redness.
CONS: It did not cover my eye bags, which was the selling point based on other reviews. The WORST part is, the concealer flaked off during the day, making my eyes look dry and rather disgusting. I have never had a product flake off so it is concerning.
DUPES: People say that Hard Candy's concealer is a dupe. The packaging is very much dupable but the Hard Candy concealer is very oily while this feels more whipped. The product itself is very different but they function much the same (if it works for your skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by trinadawn

I bought this concealer along with the other Kat Von D products that cover up tattoos, and I'm surprised to read all the great reviews because it did nothing to hide my tattoos. I found it too watery and it took awhile to set, so I had to wait to apply a second layer. I returned this to the store, but I did keep the tattoo eraser and used my Make Up For Ever concealer over it instead. My MUFE concealer is definitely my HG product and I found it worked way better than the Kat Von D brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

This is the best concealer for scars, moles, freckles, etc... However, it is not good for undereye as it is too thick. I don't have extremely dark under eye circles so I don't need such a heavy concealer for it. Unfortunately, I do have a ton of freckles (light and dark), a ton of moles, and occasional breakouts. This is where this concealer comes to the rescue. Although, there are some poor reviews, I think they used it incorrectly. First off, it is not a good under eye concealer. Second, you must use a BRUSH. I started using this concealer with a typical flat synthetic concealer brush and I would pat the product on and blend the edges. I've tried fingers and what happen is, most of the product just gets stuck to my fingers leaving me with no coverage. I just bought the Sigma P82 dome shaped brush and it is the PERFECT tool for this concealer. I'd just stipple the product on my concerned areas and my moles and freckles dissappear! Third, if you truly want coverage for a dark mole, you MUST use the Tattoo Eraser. It works!!! This may sound like a lot of work, but the results achieved is worth it. This stuff also stay put! I am a flight attendant so I have long days (15 hour duty days), I sweat from lifting bags, I run from gate to gate, I'm subject to different environment (dry cabin air to kerosene tarmacs), and layovers in South East Asia humidity. The coverage will look the same from the time I put it on till I take it off at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by nrc924

Love love love this concealer! I have very dark circles so a good concealer is a must. This product is very pigmented and offers a lot of coverage. I also love how it's a liquid because I can't stand cream concealers (they don't blend as well) and this blends beautifully.