July 28, 2014 | 1694 users online

Concealers - Kat Von D - Tattoo Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by austenraelene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealor wasn't for me. I definitely think it could work for some but as someone with a dry complexion I found this caked on me and made me look a bit older than I actually am. It just seemed to hug the dryer parts of my face and it sank into the lines around my eyes (and I want to believe I don't have many yet!!). It is quite heavy though so I think many people looking for good coverage could benefit from this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I really wanted to love this product, as I die for Kat Von D's primers, but sadly it was a miss.
PROS: The packaging is sleek and allowed for just the right amount of product. A little goes a long way with this product so the high price tag isn't that bad if it works for you. It really does a good job of covering redness.
CONS: It did not cover my eye bags, which was the selling point based on other reviews. The WORST part is, the concealer flaked off during the day, making my eyes look dry and rather disgusting. I have never had a product flake off so it is concerning.
DUPES: People say that Hard Candy's concealer is a dupe. The packaging is very much dupable but the Hard Candy concealer is very oily while this feels more whipped. The product itself is very different but they function much the same (if it works for your skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by trinadawn

I bought this concealer along with the other Kat Von D products that cover up tattoos, and I'm surprised to read all the great reviews because it did nothing to hide my tattoos. I found it too watery and it took awhile to set, so I had to wait to apply a second layer. I returned this to the store, but I did keep the tattoo eraser and used my Make Up For Ever concealer over it instead. My MUFE concealer is definitely my HG product and I found it worked way better than the Kat Von D brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

This is the best concealer for scars, moles, freckles, etc... However, it is not good for undereye as it is too thick. I don't have extremely dark under eye circles so I don't need such a heavy concealer for it. Unfortunately, I do have a ton of freckles (light and dark), a ton of moles, and occasional breakouts. This is where this concealer comes to the rescue. Although, there are some poor reviews, I think they used it incorrectly. First off, it is not a good under eye concealer. Second, you must use a BRUSH. I started using this concealer with a typical flat synthetic concealer brush and I would pat the product on and blend the edges. I've tried fingers and what happen is, most of the product just gets stuck to my fingers leaving me with no coverage. I just bought the Sigma P82 dome shaped brush and it is the PERFECT tool for this concealer. I'd just stipple the product on my concerned areas and my moles and freckles dissappear! Third, if you truly want coverage for a dark mole, you MUST use the Tattoo Eraser. It works!!! This may sound like a lot of work, but the results achieved is worth it. This stuff also stay put! I am a flight attendant so I have long days (15 hour duty days), I sweat from lifting bags, I run from gate to gate, I'm subject to different environment (dry cabin air to kerosene tarmacs), and layovers in South East Asia humidity. The coverage will look the same from the time I put it on till I take it off at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by nrc924

Love love love this concealer! I have very dark circles so a good concealer is a must. This product is very pigmented and offers a lot of coverage. I also love how it's a liquid because I can't stand cream concealers (they don't blend as well) and this blends beautifully.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Beautyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I loved this concealer. It covered my dark under eyes great & it didn't wear off look creased by the end of the day. It was good under my foundation to cover acne scarring also. It's one of the best concealers I've used. The tube lasted me a really long time so I guess the price isn't too bad when you think of how long it lasts. A little bit goes a long way with this one. If I didn't find a cheaper dupe(Hard Candy Glamoflauge) I would still be using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by maxmommy2

Amazing stuff! I'm very pale, probably the palest person I know, and this is the perfect shade - not too pink, not too yellow. It's also very thick. I've tried it on a tattoo and it didn't really cover it up, but that's probably asking a lot and may possibly be done with several layers.

I also like to use this mixed with my morning moisterizer/spf to make a tinted moiserizer...a little goes a very long way so all it takes is a tiny squeeze. A really good solution for very pale girls. And it's never made me break out! The best one I've tried, can't recommend it enough and I have a drawer full of concealers.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPayge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few products that I would call one of my HG's. I am always on the lookout for newer and better but I have a feeling that my wandering is at an end for concealer. I am very fair and the lightest shade is perfect for me. I don't have undereye circles but this makes my face look so bright and awake when I dab a little, (a very little), under my eyes. There is no caking or creasing and it's very blendable. I have a freckle on my cheek that I usually cover but it always peeks through a little bit until now. It is 100% and completely gone after I put this on it. This tube should last for at least 2 or 3 years. You only need the tiniest bit and it works wonders. AND....it's in a squeeze tube!! I am a huge fan of anything in a squeeze tube. It seems more sanitary and you can get all of the product out. This one can't miss and is worth every penny. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always read and been told that it's best to use a concealer that is one shade lighter...however, in 14 years of wearing make-up, I have never found a concealer that was lighter than my skin. Even MAC, who is supposed to have the widest range of colours, didn't have a concealer that was lighter than my skin, just roughly the same colour as my skin. I have this in porcelain, which is the lightest colour available. It covers up my redness very well, consistency is great. I see why it's recommended to have a shade lighter concealer now! Thick but still creamy and easy to blend and doesn't settle into my pores (and I have large pores). You only need a teeny-tiny amount. This comes in a gigantic tube considering how little of it you actually need. At this rate, I'm gonna have the same tube in like, 5 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I honestly really like this concealer. It's thick, it covers anything and everything, yet I genuinely don't think it looks cake-y, even underneath the eyes... if you don't use too much of course. I find it tends to run a bit light- I'm NC20/25 and the Medium works perfectly for me. I think this is significantly better quality than the Hard Candy Glamoflage concealer, which is often considered its dupe.