November 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Lip Treatments - Palmer's - Cocoa Butter Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 9:17:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great stuff. I never have dry lips usually, but this year towards the end of spring hay fever struck and my lips rebelled. None of my other balms were doing it (inlcuding Blistex and the Neutrogena Swiss formula) so I tried this. Within a week things cleared up and I'm still using it. My lips are smooth, soft and moisturized with no flakes. Good price, smells yummy and cheap. You can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Courtenay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this. Love the smell, love the texture. I like that it's just a simple chapstick that smooths on easily and doesn't have a weird texture. The scent is nice, but not overpowering and doesn't conflict with other smells. I also really, really like the size. So much easier to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by IvyRhine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I'm allergic to this.. It stings my lips and makes them swell. Doesn't moisturize and doesn't work for me. Synthetic smell

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by ambock64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, here goes...bought the Palmers Cocoa Butter swivel stick, as well as the concentrated cream and firming lotion after reading reviews about its moisturizing and scar fading properties. After using it for only a week, I was so impressed that I went back online and bought the gel oil, the chocolate/peppermint lip balm, the bust firming cream, the soap and more of the others. Never in my life (and I am in my 40's) have I ever used a product line that was so fantastic and lived up to the hype. The smell is interesting (cocoa/chocolate), but now I am used to it and, in fact, love it! My body scars and uneven color is fading, my skin is soft and glowy, my lips are smooth and I am happy!. What I noticed is when I first started using it, is the old, dry skin on my feet and my lips started peeling (after a few uses), but it revealed soft fresh skin and lips shortly after! I literally could peel a thick callous off my foot after using the concentrated cream on my foot for a few days...amazing! As long as these products continue to be made, I will continue to stock up and used them. I am a convert for sure! Oh, and I've always been acne prone and if anything, my skin has improved since I've started using this! The BEST at ANY price...don't ever change, Palmer's!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by AndeeMode

I purchased this product based on some reviews I had read...and I have to say I could have prob. done without it :/
It is a bit greasy..and doesn't rub in very easily.
I usually try to use it only on my elbows and the heels of my feet.
Overall, I would not repurchase, I prefer the cream and lotion form of Palmers much more ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I much prefer Aquaphor over this. I started Accutane a few weeks ago, so my lips have started to get SUPER dry/peely and this didn't feel like it was doing much (I'd end up putting Aquaphor on my lips a few minutes later). The worse part is that it clogged pores and caused blackheads around/under my lips. I'll have to try this on areas that are not cloggable, like my feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2010 8:04:00 AM More reviews by zoemaree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot be without this little glue-stick lookalike. I just can't. It is always within arm's reach, and usually much less than that. I'm addicted. I once went without it for a day and I was not myself until this little baby was back in my hot little hands. I even spent several moments throughout the day trying to remember exactly where it was so that I could slather it on as soon as I came home.

This chocolatey, silky smooth stick of lip-loving happiness was my savior during a three month holiday last year spent enjoying a beautiful Chicago winter. Hailing from sunny Queensland, Australia, I've never really needed much in the way of lipbalm and I've certainly never found one that I liked as much as this one. With super dry skin everywhere, I was crying out for something that could help keep my poor frozen face/suddenly dry everything in one piece. Lo and behold, during a trip to CVS for hair dye I stumbled across their Palmers section, and since I slather on Palmers Cocoa Butter like it's going out of fashion, I figured I couldn't go wrong. It's big enough that when you're wearing gloves, you can get the lid off with no problems at all and though it is oversized, you just try getting me to leave the house without this baby.. I guarantee you, it will not happen. I just hope that there's enough left in my tube to last me until I'm next back in America, because though Palmers makes a 'normal' lipbalm sized tube (as far as I've seen during quick trips to Priceline) I've grown rather attached to this size. Use it on any dry skin, on cuticles, around your eyes - anywhere that needs a bit of love.

As a bonus for me, my partner loves this stuff too so I get plenty of kisses when I have it on. I also liberally coat him in it and he doesn't seem to mind..Ladies, this is definitely male-friendly. I honestly think the scent and texture would win everyone over.. but everyone can't have it, because it's all mine! I kid, I kid. But I would never willingly be without this lipbalm and I encourage everyone to take a chance on this sweet-scented swivel stick of lurrrrve.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by simetra

One of my favorite lip balms. When I put this on, my lips feel instant relief. The only problem is the stick is so wide that you end up applying it outside your lips, so I usually only use this before bed.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by broadway0rbust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's just so dry! I really wanted to like this product, but I guess the lip balm was just not what I was after, texture wise. It wasn't emollient enough for me, didn't do anything for my dry lips. In fact, this product is so dry itself, that I had to press my lips so hard into the stick just to get a tiny bit of product. Won't be purchasing again, but it's still in my vanity since I just hate to throw out a hardly used product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I love this!! It really moisturizes my lips instead of just creating a layer over my lips like most lip balms do. I like to apply it before bed and wake up with nice, smooth lips. The only drawback is that it doesn't have SPF, so I have to find a new one for the summer when I spend more time outdoors.