August 1, 2014 | 1245 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 (2009 formulation)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I haven't found this in Canada, so on a recent trip across the border, I scooped one up from Target. Judging by the reviews, it seemed worth a try, and at $11.99, I had little to lose.

For my very golden NC25 skin, I chose Nude. It's a very good match, yellow enough to satisfy me. It's very lightweight. The first time I tried this, I was a little put off - it seemed streaky, didn't apply evenly, and barely gave me any coverage, despite reports that it could be layered. It might have just been me that day; I gave it another try the day after, and this time, it applied like a dream. It still gave me sheer to medium coverage, but when I very lightly dusted MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural over it, wow - perfection.

While it's a really nice finish, it isn't budge-proof. Where I'm oiliest (around the sides of my nose), it disappears after some time. I have to touch up there with concealer, and then I'm good for the rest of the day. This formula seems to me what Photoready should have been - while I like Photoready enough, this gives me that candlelit effect, in person and in photos.

Now, about the comparisons to Nars Sheer Glow. In my opinion, and experience, Sheer Glow allows for more buildable coverage, as it's just slightly more opaque. Sheer Glow also has more staying power than Healthy Skin. Healthy Skin, however, looks more natural, although Sheer Glow will accomplish the same look if it's applied very thinly and with a stippling brush. I like both; I just happen to match Sheer Glow better, as it's more yellow. But I'll keep Healthy Skin in my arsenal. It's worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Pro's -
Easy to blend
Almost perfect color match (I'm a NC30-35 and wore Natural Beige)
natural finish
SPF 20

Con's-
Not even anywhere close to long-lasting
can be a bit streaky at times
packaging sucks- I hate foundations with the plain screw on caps, prefer pump)
higher price point (compare to other Drugstore brands)

If you don't need a foundation to last all day, this may be the one for you. It seems to "melt off" throughout the day for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by plew84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation for about a week now, and I want to love it so much but, like the few reviewers below me, it looks AMAZING within the first hour or so of being applied, but then it wears off ridiculously fast and gathers in certain areas. I love the finish of this foundation so much that I refuse to give up on it! If anyone has any tips, PLEASE let me know! I've been using this foundation with my Benefit That Gal primer, a regular foundation brush, and setting it with a tiny amount of my BE mineral powder and something just isn't working right. I don't expect this to last 16 hours or anything, but it would be nice to make it at least past lunch time of my 8 hour work day.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ngelina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to like this, but it pooled in my pores. I think it was a pretty good match for my color and every where else it looks great... but it makes my pores look heinous.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ahraffarha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

1. I am not sure what I'm doing wrong but this product doesn't work for me.

2. When I put it on it looks really great, dries to sort of a satin finish, but within maybe 30 minutes it kind of balls up in places and wears off everywhere else. It also accentuates dry patches on my face, dry patches that for some reason are not accentuated when I use my glycerin-rosewater spray-mineral foundation flat top kabuki buff method.

3.I have even tried this foundation with primer, albeit a cheap one (Maybelline Instant Age Rewind)...this primer works fine for with my mineral foundation.

4.I have also tried mixing this foundation with Revlon Colorstay in warm golden, which you'd think would make this foundation last longer but I achieved the same end result: it wore off incredibly quickly and sort of became concentrated in certain areas.

5.It's a shame because the coverage (in the first five minutes) is very good and the color natural beige-60 is very yellow and matches my skin tone exactly.

6. I have also tried various methods of applying this foundation: foundation brush, flat top kabuki to stipple, sponge...and honestly only applying it with my fingers gave me a smooth application.

7. I have tried mineral foundation as a setting powder and it seemed to work, it reacted badly to setting powder with talc.

***If you have any suggestions for me, please help!***

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 12:55:00 AM More reviews by golderappleoferis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ok I am a total foundation nut so I have tried MANY foundations and there isnt one other out there that I like as much as this one.
My skin has gone from oily to dry for some reason I am different then other people cause mine gets oily in the winter and dry in the summer so I can honestly say that this is the PERFECT foundation for my dry spots on my face. It does not make them look dry it actually helps them from not being dry!! The coverage is AMAZING!! I would have to say it is a med to full coverage. I normally go once over my face and then do another coat on the areas I feel I need a but more and it never gets cakey with me doing that. This is really the only foundation that doesnt look cakey on my fair skin. I have used so many others that cake around the nose eyes and mouth and thats not attractive at all.
I am a youtube beauty guru and other gurus are comparing this to NARS sheer glow and I have to say that it is similar BUT I like this one better! As I said I am very fair NW 15 fair so that means that I have pink and or red undertones and NARS foundations suck for my undertone cause they are all SUPER YELLOW or oxidize during the day and turn more yellow!! I end up looking like a banana LOL no thats being sarcastic but really the lightest foundation from NARS is still to yellow for me so I would save 30 plue dollars and get the Nuetrogena!! I hear that there are issues with darker skin tones getting a match cause there arent many dark colors and that sucks cause it is a great foundation!! The only thing I would say it needs is a pump and I know thats an issue for many with this and the NARS but I feel better buying a 10 buck foundation with no pump then a 42 buck foundation that you have to BUY one for! That is INSANE to me!! So if you are looking for a great foundation check this out! Another thing is that I feel the lasting power isnt all that great but hey you cant win them all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Sumsums

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It works better than anything else I have tried. I have used Clinique, Revlon color stay, MAC, cover girl and a few other drug store. I love Neutrogena. Even if I fall asleep with my makeup on, it still doesn’t break me out! I wish it had a pump, but its not the worst thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I love Nars sheer glow, my color in Nars is punjab and I match with Healthy skin in 60 Natural biege. This foundation is the best dupe for Nars sheer glow. I very love this foudation. Best drug store foundation. Oily skin be aware this foundation will make you more oily. I can't used this foundation in hotter months at all and I have normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by miizzwiifey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

i use this foundation and i love it! it doesnt clogg pores its not heavy and its not too light. its good i wouldnt say its the best but its good. but the shades of this foundation are tricky because i use nude and if i use a beige color ir would be orangy. overall this foundation does hide some spots on my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by araceli3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the fact that it doesn't clog my pores. The ingredients are very nice but perhaps a bit too liquidy. But, it is very blendable! Overall, a very nice foundation.