Kerastase Nectar Thermique

4.4

Aqua/Water, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Potato Starch Modified, Behentrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Polyquaternium-4, Methylparaben, Amodimethicone, Benzophenone-4, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Trideceth-6, Citronellol, Xylose, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Coumarin, Limonene, Cetrimonium Chloride, Royal Jelly/Royal Jelly Extract, Parfum/Fragrance

on 3/17/2010 10:48:00 PM

Wow. Excellent excellent product! I'm so happy that I've found a Kerastase product which actually performs.
I was really looking for a leave-in which would smooth my hair, tame frizz, define my waves/curls and give a bit of shine. I thought it might be too much to ask....I was wrong! This product does all of that and without weighing my fine hair down or giving it an odd colour cast (my hair is around a level 10 ash blonde, so some products are visible if they have a colour to them).
I bought mine online and the price wasn't too bad (for Kerastase). I like the packaging, standing it upside down is logical and practical. The product itself has a very subtle pleasant smell and a good creamy consistency (you must shake the bottle beforehand). I washed and conditioned my hair, then used a GENEROUS amount of NT on my wet hair. I just scrunched it in and left my hair to air dry (without touching it). I don't use heat at all on my hair. The results are wonderful! I am really thrilled. My hair is so soft, and even on day two it remains so. What I also like about this, is that it does not seem possible to use too much and I feel as if increasing the amount actually increases the shine and soft feeling. Love it. This is definitely a keeper and one that will be repurchased. I just hope my hair doesn't suddenly change and decide it hates this......

I have only used this twice since I received it on Monday, but I am already amazed and so happy with the results. I use about a grape-sized amount on my fine, shoulder-length hair. I have always taken good care of my hair, but I admit that I have neglected a little this past year + moving to So. Cal and having to wash my hair every day...not having time to deep treat once a week like I used to...hot & humid weather etc took its toll. I had been using Ciment Thermique before this and loved the results of that product also, but I think I was suffering from "protein overload" as my hair just didn't seem to feel as silky and soft like it used to before I moved to Cali. So I took to reading reviews and info on the Nectar for a few weeks and decided to try it. And wow! I'm so glad that I did!! Like I said earlier, I have only used it twice so far. First time was with heat and the second was last night (I just used it as a leave-in to see what the results were). Both times had WONDERFUL results. I'll describe the product a little first, and then I'll go full throttle into the effects it has had on my hair!

First off, when I initially opened the flip-top cap, a clear serum-like liquid came out. So I thought, "ok, that's what it is supposed to be I guess?", but I remember reading other reviews about how it was a light yellow cream. So I shook the bottle up and it fixed that. When you rub it between your palms it feels so silky and luxurious. It also smells really nice - if you have used Kerastase products before, particularly the shampoos and conditioners, you will know that they usually have quite a heavy, perfumed scent that some people don't like (personally I don't mind it), but the NT smells fresh and light.

I applied it to my towel-dried hair, starting at the ends (which were beginning to look a bit parched from sun & heat-styling), on the mid-length and finally around the crown and hairline, combing it all through afterwards. I have noticed that this product does not seem heavy at all which I absolutely LOVE because I have fine-ish hair that gets weighed down easily and is usually oily again the next day or 2 after washing it. The Nectar Thermique leaves my hair feeling so so so so so so soft and light! It does EXACTLY what it says on the bottle. I have been on the hunt for a truly moisturising product for so long, and the ones that I have tried either don't do anything or they leave my hair feeling coated and looking dull and gross. But not with this! I can't stop touching my hair because it feels so good! It is silky, shiny, smooth, tangle-free and feels renewed (that may seem exaggerated but I promise you, it is not. I feel like I have my old hair back :) ) Ladies, rush out and buy this right now - I don't think you will regret it.

on 3/4/2010 6:24:00 PM

I love this product. I bought the 150ml tube about a year ago and I have about less than half left and I use it every time I wash and blowdry my hair. For reference my hair is long and dark brown and has a tendency to be dry, but ever since I have been using this product I have gotten heaps of people comment on my hair, saying it looks shiny and like ive just been to a salon. Yeah its about $60 I think (AUS) BUT it is a staple for maintaining really healthy soft hair. It does have heat protective properties but I would pair this with a heat protective spray or serum prior to straightening, as I have found that this doesn't really help with split ends. The label says 'FOR DRY TO VERY DRY HAIR' and so if this is the case for you, this product WILL nourish your hair, you will see a difference.

To make good use of this product I follow these steps:
1. after getting out of the shower, wrap hair in a towel to soak up excess water

2. When hair is not dripping wet, squeeze a small amount (eg 5c coin) and apply lightly to the hair, first on the ends and then work your way up. When you have very little product left on your hands lightly rub it around the top area including your fringe if you have one.

3. If you have time, wait till your hair is even dryer still before blowdrying (but still looks wet) and this will minimize the amount of time you have to blowdry, hence less amount of damage done to your hair.

4. Blowdry with a paddle brush and go in all different directions and finish with the cold setting. You will notice how soft it feels with this product! and more manageable when you want to straighten.

on 2/26/2010 3:55:00 AM

HOLY Jeebus this stuff is amazing. My hair is medium long and practically platinum blonde. I've been bleaching my hair on my own for years (just the new growth mind you, so it's not fried, but bleaching is quite damaging nonetheless) and it's also really fine, fluffy, and though it would be kind of soft, it was never silky smooth. I went to Vidal Sassoon to lend my hair to a new stylist as a model and she used this on my hair after colored my hair.. and WOW. I didn't think it was possible for my hair to look so amazing, it was like a commercial, lol. This combined with the bain de force shampoo worked a small miracle.

on 2/15/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am stunned and speechless: no frizz, super-smooth, shinny hair. I am in love with this product and how it has transformed my hair! Absolutely perfect! You must, I repeat - MUST try it out!

WOW is the least I can say. This product transforms my hair from boofy, damaged frizz to sleep shiny locks. Love it.

I've used ciment thermique and this just beats it a million times over - infact I might go back and change all my reviews for other heat protectants.

People say that it's expensive, but with the ammont you need to use it really isn't that bad - no worse than Redken or Joico.

I put a small ammont on my palms, run it through, blow dry, striaghten, and follow with a little bit of Joico K-Pak Restorative Oil on my dry ends..... though tbh I don't think I really need this (or perhaps a cut would fix it?).

Argh, love!

on 1/11/2010 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm so underwhelmed, I expected great things from this product: smooth and silky-shiny hair. But it's not, just average results. Not bad enough to throw it away, though. But I will never repurchase.

on 1/8/2010 8:50:00 PM

I love this product. I use this as a heat protector and my hair looks shiny, soft and healthy with no split or fried ends. It is expensive but it works great and it also lasts.

on 1/6/2010 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I hated ciment thermique but I do like this one more for my hair type which is thick, damaged and extremely dry. This just seems to do more for me as a leave in conditioner than the ciment, its much more moisturising and I use much less product.

on 1/5/2010 10:38:00 PM

add me to the list of fans. i'm a believer.

Popular Styling Products