January 26, 2015 | 1069 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Nectar Thermique

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by shezwack

I love this product. I bought the 150ml tube about a year ago and I have about less than half left and I use it every time I wash and blowdry my hair. For reference my hair is long and dark brown and has a tendency to be dry, but ever since I have been using this product I have gotten heaps of people comment on my hair, saying it looks shiny and like ive just been to a salon. Yeah its about $60 I think (AUS) BUT it is a staple for maintaining really healthy soft hair. It does have heat protective properties but I would pair this with a heat protective spray or serum prior to straightening, as I have found that this doesn't really help with split ends. The label says 'FOR DRY TO VERY DRY HAIR' and so if this is the case for you, this product WILL nourish your hair, you will see a difference.

To make good use of this product I follow these steps:
1. after getting out of the shower, wrap hair in a towel to soak up excess water

2. When hair is not dripping wet, squeeze a small amount (eg 5c coin) and apply lightly to the hair, first on the ends and then work your way up. When you have very little product left on your hands lightly rub it around the top area including your fringe if you have one.

3. If you have time, wait till your hair is even dryer still before blowdrying (but still looks wet) and this will minimize the amount of time you have to blowdry, hence less amount of damage done to your hair.

4. Blowdry with a paddle brush and go in all different directions and finish with the cold setting. You will notice how soft it feels with this product! and more manageable when you want to straighten.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by amouraiguise

HOLY Jeebus this stuff is amazing. My hair is medium long and practically platinum blonde. I've been bleaching my hair on my own for years (just the new growth mind you, so it's not fried, but bleaching is quite damaging nonetheless) and it's also really fine, fluffy, and though it would be kind of soft, it was never silky smooth. I went to Vidal Sassoon to lend my hair to a new stylist as a model and she used this on my hair after colored my hair.. and WOW. I didn't think it was possible for my hair to look so amazing, it was like a commercial, lol. This combined with the bain de force shampoo worked a small miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by kalipunct

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I am stunned and speechless: no frizz, super-smooth, shinny hair. I am in love with this product and how it has transformed my hair! Absolutely perfect! You must, I repeat - MUST try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by BarbwireDoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW is the least I can say. This product transforms my hair from boofy, damaged frizz to sleep shiny locks. Love it.

I've used ciment thermique and this just beats it a million times over - infact I might go back and change all my reviews for other heat protectants.

People say that it's expensive, but with the ammont you need to use it really isn't that bad - no worse than Redken or Joico.

I put a small ammont on my palms, run it through, blow dry, striaghten, and follow with a little bit of Joico K-Pak Restorative Oil on my dry ends..... though tbh I don't think I really need this (or perhaps a cut would fix it?).

Argh, love!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm so underwhelmed, I expected great things from this product: smooth and silky-shiny hair. But it's not, just average results. Not bad enough to throw it away, though. But I will never repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mntnalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I use this as a heat protector and my hair looks shiny, soft and healthy with no split or fried ends. It is expensive but it works great and it also lasts.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hated ciment thermique but I do like this one more for my hair type which is thick, damaged and extremely dry. This just seems to do more for me as a leave in conditioner than the ciment, its much more moisturising and I use much less product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

add me to the list of fans. i'm a believer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG nectar thermique + mason pearson = shiny frizz free hair. This product smells fabulousssssssss. I apply this on wet hair and blow dry, love the results. I have tried applying this sparingly on dry hair, works fab when applied on dry hair too. Ciment thermique is nothing compared to this. My hair feels hydrated when i use this stuff.UPDATE*** close to finishing my 2'nd tube, have'nt found anything that is even relatively close this product.
UPDATE *** 03/10/13*** On my third tube, even though I stray every now and then, keep coming back to this baby.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by exotic_elegance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this product, and I absolutely love it! I have curly 3c hair, that I roller-set and then flat iron straight every week.

Nectar Thermique keeps my hair moist and shiny. I absolutely love it. I alternate between this and ciment thermique.