Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in conditioner

4.1

organic Mango fruit extract, organic slippery elm, organic marshmallow root, organic lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance

on 3/3/2010 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is a holy grail product for me. It's all natural, has a nice light scent, and makes the tangles slip right out of my hair. I use it underneath the Curling custard, but I have also used it alone for conditioner only curl defining. It looses a lipstick because brick and mortar places only sell it in 8 oz bottles (42oz can be purchased from kinky curly's website, but the shipping is outrageous).

on 2/19/2010 9:38:00 PM

Got this from the curly mart web site (forgot the exact name) as part of a "cocktail" of products named Curlita (sic). I have thick curly hair , with tons of volume and a tendency to friz on top. As my hair grows out, it has a tendency to "dread", and to bunch into huge knots where it rubs my coat or shirt at the base of my neck. I'm also a swimmer. I used this product in the shower prior to putting on my bathing cap. It detangled those knots quickly (I usually end up ripping huge fistful of hairs as I try to detangle it) and I loved the smell. Super light and with a very faint rosy-powderiness to it. After my swim, I conditioned my hair, then added a dollop of Knot today which I nearly rinsed out but left some on the ends. Together with some of the coco-light leave in conditioner from Long Lovely Locks (who makes up these names?) my hair is shiny, the curls are tight and springy with zero crunchiness and there is no detectable smell to clash with my fragrance, which is a good thing. I think I will have to add a little something for more hold during a day at work (perhaps Styling Cream from B&B) to make sure my curls have enough definition at the end of the day. I usually use B&B leave in, Tazai styling cream from Shu Uemura, Kiehl's grooming cream but this will probably become part of the rotation.

on 11/17/2009 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am a woman of color with tightly coiled curly hair. This conditioner is one of my staples (the other being Jessicurl Aloeba). It is a great detangler for me as well as in warmer months a great leave in; in winter/cooler weather I need something a bit heavier to add to it. I get great shiny curls when I use this. Nice smell as well, very natural, slightly fruity/coconut, but it doesn't linger long. I have repurchased several bottle of this as well as Come Clean, the shampoo from the line.

on 8/27/2009 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This leave in is decent when you run out of what you may usually use. It smells like something that i may have used back in highschool. Not bad at all. But not "good" either. The texture is nice and yes, this does help well at detangling my hair (no where as well as my Umberto Beverly Hills spray though). I have waist length healthy 3b-3c curls and found this to be a little ho-hum. It doesn't condition my hair at all? It detangles but once my hair is dry i can't even tell that i used a leave-in. It's pretty light and i highly doubt you would ever get any build up from it. I bet this would work great on childrens hair but not adults that really need moisture. So many better choices out there.

If your looking for something light i'd give it a try. It's a good product but not what i was looking for. I also think it's a little hyped up for what it is.

on 5/10/2009 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Absolutely amazing product. Bought it on a whim after seeing it on a display at Whole Foods. This makes my curls SOOOO soft while staying voluminous and giving them great definition. The reason why I think this product works so well is the lack of oils and sillicones that are normally present in curly hair products that just weigh my hair down and make it greasy. This product moisterizes but doesnt weight down my curls at all. It also smells fantastic. The price is also very reasonable for the amount of product you get. I only use about a dime sized amount a day so this should last a good while. Definite repurchase.

on 4/20/2009 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is my HG leave-in. Detangles likes nothing else. Not much mositurizing properties for my thirsty 4 a/b curls though so I add your oils or glycerin to it.

One of my best leave ins next to SheaMoisture. I have dry 2B hair and only have to use a tiny pea size amount. I use it in conjunction with a stronger holding gel or my waves fall to pieces by the afternoon. Will repurchase.

on 2/6/2009 5:16:00 PM

This is my favorite leave in. I like the way it makes my hair feel & that it has no oils. I'm glad to see there is a bigger size now. I'm going to order it just to make sure I don't run out.

on 2/4/2009 9:51:00 AM

This is the best leave-in I've ever tried! Better than Kiehl's, better than Bumble & Bumble, getter than Giovanni. It has amazing slip and great ingredients. Very creamy/gel-like in texture but not heavy at all on my fine and thin naturally curly hair. I paid $12, which is not bad as it's a nice size bottle and is taking me a long time to get through. The smell is light and cherry-like. Great product, so glad I found it.

Ingredients: Mango fruit extract, slipper elm, marshmallow root, lemongrass, cetyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, citric acid, phenoxyethanol and natural fragrance.

on 2/1/2009 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have highlighted and curly hair. I now have to deal with tangles and slight dryness. This product made detangling a breeze and my hair was super-soft. It smells very tropical and is very emollient. It didn't weigh my hair down too much and my hair didn't feel coated. Even better when paired with the Kinky Curly curling custard which also smells divine. If you have curly hair (2a to 4b), this is a good product to try. Adds moisture and acts as a nice base for your styling products. I ordered my online and it was a bit pricy with shipping and handling, but I heard you can get it from some wholefoods stores.

Video Reviews & Tutorials