Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power - Cream Wash

3.3

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 21, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cetyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Panthenol, Cucumis Sativa (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Menthol, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Yellow 5, Green 5, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance

on 11/21/2010 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wonder if I'm using the same cleanser as others cus mine is very strong and effective. This cleanser helps get rid of my breakout in matter of 1-2 weeks and is probably the best SA cleanser I have used. I can definiately see a difference in the clarity of my skin in terms of little bumps and blackheads. However, if I use it too much, it makes my skin red and sensitive. I can't believe people say that this is like a gentle cleanser. The acid in this cleanser is strong.

on 11/3/2010 12:29:00 PM

I prefer the scrub to the cream wash, but this is better than nothing.

I generally use this product in the morning (no makeup is on my skin)...you will need to use a separate cleanser for makeup removal.

I still do get the occasional breakout here and there but this does a nice job of keeping my skin looking clear. The scrub version of this product keeps my skin totally clear...perhaps the exfoliation factor is all this product needs for it to be effective.

on 10/29/2010 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

OMG, this stuff is HORRIBLE. I have extremely sensitive, very oily, ACNE PRONE skin. . .. and this stuff did NOTHING for me.. . .. definitely doesn't CLEAN. . .. it shouldn't even be called a "CLEANser"....
Total waste of money.

on 10/9/2010 12:13:00 AM

Yess! This is my summer HG for my starting to get drier, sensitive, congestion-prone, thirty-something face. Started with the scrub since it got such good reviews, got tired of having scrub particles stuck in my hairline or ear after washing, this is the same formula w/o the scrubby bits. Bit too drying for me in fall and winter, but perfect during the summer heat and humidity. Surprisingly not irritating for a 2% salicylic acid product, leaves my face feeling clean but not at all tight. This plus my Clarisonic does as good a job as anything to keep my face clear.

on 9/24/2010 2:45:00 PM

I love how this product makes my face feel after using it.. My face feels soft, & smooth.. After a couple of days of using this product, I noticed that my pores had gotten smaller, but at the same time I noticed that i was getting one or two zits appearing. I didnt notice any change in tha acne that i already had on my face .. maybe cause i havent been using this product regurarly

The first time that I used this cleanser it really helped my skin. My face did clear after continuous use. However, now I am trying this product again thinking it will again clear my skin. The exact opposite has happened my face is breaking out terribly. At first I thought maybe this is just the product working so I continued to use it. My skin just got worse & worse with continued use. I am now very dissapointed in this product & in neutrogena. The only other cleanser from neutrogena that I have liked was the deep clean gel cleanser. Seems anything else from neutrogena just sucks. I used to really like their products but they need to stop discontinuing products that work & adding so much frangrance to their products. Don't they know fragrance only irritates sensitive skin? Most people w/ skin problems also suffer from sensitive skin. They should put more gentle, soothing ingredients to their products. Now I am going to try Acnevir so we will see how that works. As for this product if you have sensitive, acne prone skin like me stay away this is not the product for you. I would never buy this product again nor would I recommend it to anyone.

on 9/3/2010 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Run. Away. Now. This thing is by far the single worst product I have ever used! Not only did it make my acne worse, it broke me out like I've never broken out before. I used it one night and the next morning I woke up with pimples. That's not unusual for me so I just let that slide and kept experimenting with the cleanser. Big mistake. My face just continued to worsen and I stopped after the third use. I've never had so much acne in my life no thanks to this crap (am I allowed to say that on here?). It's been two weeks since I last used this and I'm still trying to figure out a way to clear up the damage it has caused. Ah... What to do... :'(

on 8/19/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Horrible product, it does nothing to clear acne! In fact I think i was breaking out more after using this, must be because of the irritating menthol in it. Will not repurchase.

on 8/14/2010 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Instead of clearing up acne, it just makes it worse! It also leaves a film residue on your skin. Not cleaning at all. Good packaging, horrible product.

on 8/11/2010 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Before I realized cream cleansers don't work for me, I always used these type of squeeze tube cleansers. But this is the worst cream cleanser I've tried. It doesn't barely cleans since it doesn't lather, and seems to leave some residue on my face (makes the skin feel soft in the process). I definitely wouldn't use this as a cleanser ... Maybe as somewhat of an acne medication after you cleanse your face with a cleanser that actually cleans. It doesn't make my acne better, but didn't make me break out.
It tingles on my face, cheeks especially, but overall, I wouldn't recommend this as a cleanser or acne product.