Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15

3.8

Skin Foundation SPF 15 – (Active ingredients: Octinoxate 7.50% and Titanium Dioxide 1.00%) Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Talc, Boron Nitride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, Lecithin, Aluminum Dimyristate, Tocopherol, Myristic Acid, Silica, Magnesim Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 1/12/2013 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation once, ( I always use BB Moisture Rich Foundation ) this foundation is light coverage, but you can layer more product where you need it, gives you a beautiful glowing finish and the color matches perfect your skin, looks very natural because blends perfect !!!
I found this foundation lighter than the other formula perfect for Summer !!!

I've been on the hunt for my first high-quality liquid foundation for awhile now. (Previously, I've just used drugstore brands, ugh.) I got lots of samples from Dior, Lancome, Yves St. Laurent, NARS, and Bobbi Brown. The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation was the clear winner!

I was looking for something with medium coverage that looked VERY natural. With the other foundations, you could tell I had makeup on. With the Bobbi Brown, my skin looks so even but you can't tell I'm wearing makeup! I also really like that it has a dewy finish (without being "sparkly" or "shimmery") because my skin tends to look kind of dull on its own.

The Porcelain was a perfect shade for me and my verrrry fair skin. I apply it with the Bobbi Brown foundation brush, which works great. I will just say that I was VERY picky about which foundation I picked and this was it for me!

on 12/28/2012 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

About 1.5 years ago, I was looking for a new sheer-medium finish foundation that wasn't matte and stumbled across the BB foundation while researching. Although I'm close to finishing my second bottle, I won't be repurchasing this again.
The price was $50-55CAD (can't remember and rather expensive anyway) and I felt the more I used it, the more it didn't sit as well on my skin. I've stopped using it since spring after finding another foundation.
The coverage was decent, I was looking for a sheer foundation anyway. It blended well with my fingers or a brush and worked well to cover any minor redness. However, I started noticing that it wasn't staying on my skin as well as it used to, which is why I switched to something else since then. I have combination (oily t-zone) skin and I touch up with powder throughout the day, but the areas on my jawline and cheek were not holding up well.
Packaging is sleek and the product is housed in a sturdy glass bottle, but it was hard to get the last little bit of foundation out.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, minor/moderate redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory or Sand, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

FYI (2): Bobbi Brown tests its products on live animals. For this reason, along with numerous customer service complaints, I have ceased purchasing their products. This review refers to product use prior to my awareness of their animal testing status.

This foundation is quite fluid, like a thin, watery lotion. It stiples beautifully. The colors are lovely, very skin-like. Nice, sturdy pump bottle.

Overall texture, coverage, and finish is more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation. In fact, I get better coverage and wear from some tinted moisturizers.

Without primer, this foundation sunk into and emphasized every pore and fine line I had. I kid you not, I saw flaws I never knew were there and weren't noticeable without this product! Primer makes it a little more wearable, but I'm unimpressed with overall wear. It "sinks" into the skin and wears away before a standard workday's end. It also transfers a lot.

A perfect or near-perfect, younger complexion would wear this well, but a perfect/near-perfect younger complexion doesn't need foundation. It boasts a very natural, satiny radiance (NOT glittery or sparkly) but the effect is ruined once you powder. Without powder, it won't last half a day.

on 12/1/2012 5:08:00 PM

Love, love this foundation. Actually I love Bobbi Brown foundations in general but you get the gist. Good coverage without mask effect and you generally look healthy. Worth every penny!

on 11/20/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Being extremely pale, I don't have a lot of choice when it comes to foundation. I would normally just use tinted moisturizer instead with a separate concealer. Until now!

Now I wear this over a primer. With the primer I hardly need to use any at all to get a really even skin tone, which makes the price more bearable.

I have an oily T-zone, so other foundations would eventually melt off and transfer to jackets, etc., and this one does not. Where I want more coverage, I either build using the foundation or I use a separate concealer. Even better, I can barely tell that I have it on.

on 11/12/2012 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this!! Strangely enough this runny and thin liquid conceals pores quite well! It's extremely thin, and very very light in coverage...its almost like a tinted daycream... But it leaves a fresh glow/sheen, and conceals pores...

As I get older I've realized that to dry products like my favorite Everyday minerals actually can make lines look even worse...even if I have oily skin!! Yes this is a problem cause my skin is acne prone, but dry on the surface cause of all the treatment...

Now, this color is not completely my perfect match. I have this in a large sample of Sand, 02. BB's products are all very yellow toned, and I'm really pinkish/white...so, I'd like to mix it, but that would be expensive....to buy two bottles. So the color is a problem.

The formula then, is so thin and feels moisturizing, that it slightly slides off my oily skin during a day of work... But this is only cause it is a formula that is not dry/mattifying....(those ones usually stay on, but are more "dry"). So you'll need to powder and blot if you are oily like me!!

Coverage is extremely light, and is not enough if you have acne/scars.

Overall I like this. But ill need to solve the problems above if I should buy two bottles....

UPDATE 20th november 2012:
Started getting large awful cystic breakouts on the areas where I tried this. I haven't had such awful and badly infected acne-breakouts for a while, so I suspect this foundation... I'm not completely sure, cause I also tried out a new moisturizer during these days, the Obagi Nu Derm shield spf 50, but that one is said to be really, really acne-safe.... But as said, right now I have to heal those breakouts and the scars, so ill have to wait with more experimenting with this foundation.... One lippie off, cause I suspect this..... :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using this foundation since it came out, I am finally going to write a review but am also going to tell you how I use it. At first, when it came out I initially used it for a wee, and returned it as it slid off my face and did not last even with a primer and powder. So, I had the opportunity to swap for two colors to mix and I got better results. I used both sand and warm ivory and it really made my skin look glowy and beautiful blurred and just like better skin but still it did not last and I decided to try MAC prolongwear. This by itself too was not perfect but one day I got the bright idea to 50/50 these and TaDa, HG! I had perfect looking skin with long lasting coverage for my oily, combo skin. I keep going back to this and on some days even on it's own. It is pricey but does last esp if you do the way I do.

on 10/28/2012 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think this product is great if you already have nice skin. This is a daytime light foundation. Like the consistency and color but it makes my skin oily still. It also doesn't photograph that great. I probably won't repurchase after I use the bottle up. Good foundation but just not great for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have this in shades 4.5 (Warm Natural) and 5 (Honey). I use shade 4.5 with the Golden Orange loose powder and shade 5 with the Warm Natural loose powder. I have been using this foundation for almost three years now. Although I have used many other types of foundation during that period, I find myself returning to this. I apply it using either the Bobbi Brown foundation brush or the Sigma F82 kabuki brush. Occasionally, I use the Beauty Blender and the Sheseido foundation brush with it. It is medium coverage so when I have blemishes, they do show up without the use of concealer. As far as the texture is concerned, it is neither runny nor thick. It spreads out on the face, whether I am using a brush or sponge, quite well. I do find that it disappears from my face after a few hours so I would not call it long lasting. The bottle comes with a pump so I can control the amount of foundation I want with little wastage. This foundation is not cheap. It retails in Singapore for about $70. However, it does last for a relatively long period. Of course, this depends on how much one uses in the first place. As a gauge, I use one pump every weekday. It has been a year since I bought the bottles. I'm left with a quarter of shade 5 and three-quarters of shade 4.5. This foundation is not perfection but it has been my best match so far.