September 2, 2014 | 1777 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Matte Lipstick Really Red [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by lksandrock

I was looking for a red lipstick to polish off my Man Men inspired outfit/makeup for a 60s themed dress day at work. After some research, I read in an interview that the on-set makeup artist suggested this shade as one of her favorites for an authentic 60s look.

It is a matte lipstick, but it goes on very smooth and it is very pigmented. One coat was great, but 2 coats are even better. It feels dry on the lip, but not dry in a bad sense it just feels like I'm not wearing a slick lipstick.

It took me 5 different local drugstores/super centers to find this shade, but when I finally found it, I picked up 2 tubes and will very likely go back for a couple more. This color is fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by zaskia92

i love this product as it suit to my skin. !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

1. Beautiful color, not too orange, not too blue. Just really, really red :)
    2. Perfect matte finish without any dryness. Lovely finish that doesn't bleed or slip. Just looks classic and sophisticated.
    3. Lovely packaging, classic.

I have always wanted to find a red I could truly love, and finally, I have. I have very full lips and always felt like reds looked trashy and "hooker-ish" on me. Turns out that's because they weren't matte. I truly adore this lipstick and can't wait to wear it out. It's a little hard to find, but I found it at Wal Mart for less than $5.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by southernbambi

I was really excited about this lipstick after all these reviews, but sadly, I think I just can't pull it off. At the store, I thought it looked amazing, and I still think it does when I swatch it on my hand, but I get the same problem another reviewer mentioned... it makes me look very vampy. I'm latin american and I have very pale skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Everyone keeps saying it's a vibrant kind of red, but whenever I put it on my lips, I feel like it looks rather dark. Not really what I expected from a lipstick called "Really Red", but I'm guessing it's just not suited for my complexion- I guess I'll be looking for a red lipstick with blue undertones.

I'm still giving it 4 lippies because the product it self is actually good (it's rather moisturizing for a matte lipstick, it does not transfer and it lasts a few hours even after you eat or drink), but I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by mm6mm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this. Makes me feel very glamorous. Formula is great, non drying matte finish. A nice warmish true red color...very long lasting it lasted through meals, drinks, and light kisses... whats not to like.. I'm tan and it looks great on me, my mom who is more of an olive color wore it and it looked great on her too... gifted one to my aunt who is cool toned and surprisingly it looked great on her too... tried it on my sister and she looked great.. I just love this color on everyone...I even tried it on my best friend and she looked absolutley gorgeous... its definitly univerally flattering so if your about to buy your first red lippie, but don't wanna dish out on mac's ruby woo or russian red this is great to start and finish with...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by tweexcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dear Revlon Really Red,

Oh my search for red lipstick....how I've suffered and toiled, trying every red color in every brand in Sephora, buying expensive versions of you from Edward Bess and Guerlain in delicious packaging that I end up returning...and settling down with the best and truest version of you that never fails: Revlon Really Red.

How shall I sing your praises? Is it the slightly warm but true red color that is probably universally flattering? Is it your long lasting magic, your ability to not fade throughout the day and drinks and even meals? Is it your miraculously non-drying matte texture? Is it your ease of application--no lipliner lip brush powder sealer anything, just a perfect easy application from the tube to red lipstick perfection? Or is it perhaps because you run about $8 at most, and still performs better than every other expensive lipstick I've tried?

Oh, it doesn't matter, Revlon Really Red. I know I've strayed from you, and I'm sorry. I realize now that I will never find another red lipstick as true and good. I am committed to you, and I won't stop singing your praises. How I love you--and everyone else should, too.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 7:43:00 AM More reviews by misschief82

I was really hesitant 2 try a bright red lipstick as it looks v whorish on some lol bt wid d right clothing n accessories it looks so vintage which i really <3 .. A friend of mine suggested 2 try on Revlon Really Red n i gave it a try..n VOILA! It looks jst perfect :D m so v happy 2 have found a red dat suits my indian warm skin tone :)) Its matte.. yeaaa bt it doesnt completely dry up my lips bt i wud suggest 2 wear a lip balm b4 applyin it.n hell yeaa i would repurchase it over n over again! <3 :))

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Desilu51

I just bought this lipstick today and I really like it so far. I've been going for a Dita von Teese inspired look lately, and since there was no way I was going to spring for the Ruby Woo or Russian Red by MAC that she wears, I did some research for cheaper matte reds and came across Really Red. I have brownish red hair and the color looks great with it, and it has rather good staying power. I would defininately suggest this product to a friend, and plan on contiunuing to use it for a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The only red lipstick I have ever tried was "Ruby star" from Maybelline. It was ok but it never really wowed me. Now, this color is absolutely gorgeous on me. It just makes me look so alive and bright. I dont think I will ever buy or try another red lipstick again. The search for me, is over.
    The texture is smooth and not overly drying (my lips are pretty much always in good condition). I dont feel the need to apply balm underneath even in harsh canadian winter.
    I did my research and based on that, I gathered that blue-based red suit all skintones. I am yellow-based NC50, and it fit me perfectly, Nothing looked off..just beautiful.
    I always shied away from red thinkign that I am too dark to pull it off but now I find occasions to wear this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Ztte3699

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this lipstick :D i had purchased revlon colorburst lipstick in cherry. The color itself was good but applied it made me look clownish and gaudy in a sloppy corner hooker sort of way. Really Red saved my faith in the color red. On my NC37 skin and hyperpigmented lips, this comes off as an opaque matte neutral red. It didn't dry out my lips like most people say that matte lipsticks do, and it made my teeth look super white. Overall awesomeness.
    The lasting power was pretty good, note that i wore this straight out the tube without any lipliner, primer, nada. and it didn't bleed.
    As far as packaging goes, I don't mind with lipstick unless its so bulky it doesn't fit in a pocket or purse comfortably and this one is perfectly classy. It's a round tube with a matte black finish and a silver band. Nice. I would love to try out the rest of the matte lipsticks. But for now this will feed my lipstick addiction :)