Revlon Super Lustrous Matte - Really Red

4.7

Isononyl Isononanoate, Trioctyldodecyl citrte, Ozokerite, Silica, Bis-diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Paraffin, Microcrystalline wax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol esters, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pentaerythityl tetrethylhexanoate, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Synthetic wax, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May contain: [ /-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, (CI 77891) Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Red 7 Lake (CI 15851), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) Red 27 Lake (CI 17200) Red 33 (CI 17200), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15895)] 21919

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This red is great for everyday wear; it stays very comfortably on my lips and doesn't fade much through eating and drinking. The formula is on the drier side but wearing a good lip balm before applying really helps. When I saw this red I thought it would be too orange for my skin tone but it ended up brightening my face without being too in-your-face (maybe because of the matte finish). The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that it's hard to find! I don't remember how many drugstores I wandered around before finding this but it was well worth the search.

on 4/3/2012 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is a great shade of red for me-- they are almost always too orange, I'm not sure why, but I love this. I would probably caution people to use a lipbrush because it is a VERY bold red, and mistakes will show up.

This is a really killer lipstick for the "Mad Men" look that is taking the beauty world by storm. Buy it, indulge your inner glamazon!

on 4/3/2012 1:48:00 PM

My worst problem with this product was finding one! I tried two CVS stores that don't carry this color in their Revlon section & I had to go to two Rite Aids before I found only one left but was happy to scoop it up.

I am a MAC Viva Glam girl but was noticing that it is a little darker than I would like for Spring/Summer so I thought I would try a brighter red & Revlon mastered reds years ago so why not give them a try? The problem with Revlon's normal SuperLusterous reds is the formulation. It is too slick & always ends up looking too glossy & clownish on me, unless you blot the heck out of them & who wants to do that every time you reapply? So finding a matte Revlon red was perfect.

The color is a true bright, 1950s movie star red & I love it. Better still is the fact that the color in the tube is what you get on your lips. Usually reds change on me & end up looking too pink or orange but this color is exactly as it should be.

The matte aspect is great, although some may need to use it with a lip balm underneath but it holds up well either way & I am very pleased with it. My new everyday red!

on 4/2/2012 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Revlon does a great red. Although this formula is matte, it is not drying or thick-feeling as some other matte lipsticks tend to be. This color suits my fair skin very well, a very vibrant, true, crayon-box red. Snow White would have worn this color, it's the color of poison berries and movie blood. It shocks me that women wore this color in the 50s, it's so unabashedly sexy. I bought it for a halloween costume but I got so many compliments that I kept it around with my regular makeup. I think the contrast makes my eyes look really blue.

I love that the color is build-able. For real life, I apply this with a very light hand (more like a stain) or apply and blot. For night or dress-up, you can't beat the fun drama of this red applied full strength. I'm not much of a red lipstick girl, but I've never had a true red I liked better including designer brands.

on 3/30/2012 3:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

Wow. I am really fair-skinned and it is hard to find a red lipstick without looking too vampy or making me look like some weird red lipped ghost but I love this shade. I think that it will look great on other skin tones as well because it is a true red and it not too orange or too blue. I originally bought it for a costume, but I was also buying it for general use as well. It is matte and a truly beautiful shade of red. I strongly recommend! It is indeed really red and beautiful!

on 3/21/2012 9:58:00 PM

I was looking for a red lipstick to polish off my Man Men inspired outfit/makeup for a 60s themed dress day at work. After some research, I read in an interview that the on-set makeup artist suggested this shade as one of her favorites for an authentic 60s look.

It is a matte lipstick, but it goes on very smooth and it is very pigmented. One coat was great, but 2 coats are even better. It feels dry on the lip, but not dry in a bad sense it just feels like I'm not wearing a slick lipstick.

It took me 5 different local drugstores/super centers to find this shade, but when I finally found it, I picked up 2 tubes and will very likely go back for a couple more. This color is fabulous!

on 3/13/2012 12:22:00 AM

i love this product as it suit to my skin. !!!

on 3/7/2012 10:17:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

1. Beautiful color, not too orange, not too blue. Just really, really red :)
2. Perfect matte finish without any dryness. Lovely finish that doesn't bleed or slip. Just looks classic and sophisticated.
3. Lovely packaging, classic.

I have always wanted to find a red I could truly love, and finally, I have. I have very full lips and always felt like reds looked trashy and "hooker-ish" on me. Turns out that's because they weren't matte. I truly adore this lipstick and can't wait to wear it out. It's a little hard to find, but I found it at Wal Mart for less than $5.

I was really excited about this lipstick after all these reviews, but sadly, I think I just can't pull it off. At the store, I thought it looked amazing, and I still think it does when I swatch it on my hand, but I get the same problem another reviewer mentioned... it makes me look very vampy. I'm latin american and I have very pale skin with dark brown hair and brown eyes. Everyone keeps saying it's a vibrant kind of red, but whenever I put it on my lips, I feel like it looks rather dark. Not really what I expected from a lipstick called "Really Red", but I'm guessing it's just not suited for my complexion- I guess I'll be looking for a red lipstick with blue undertones.

I'm still giving it 4 lippies because the product it self is actually good (it's rather moisturizing for a matte lipstick, it does not transfer and it lasts a few hours even after you eat or drink), but I won't be buying it again.

on 2/13/2012 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I'm in love with this. Makes me feel very glamorous. Formula is great, non drying matte finish. A nice warmish true red color...very long lasting it lasted through meals, drinks, and light kisses... whats not to like.. I'm tan and it looks great on me, my mom who is more of an olive color wore it and it looked great on her too... gifted one to my aunt who is cool toned and surprisingly it looked great on her too... tried it on my sister and she looked great.. I just love this color on everyone...I even tried it on my best friend and she looked absolutley gorgeous... its definitly univerally flattering so if your about to buy your first red lippie, but don't wanna dish out on mac's ruby woo or russian red this is great to start and finish with...

Popular Lipsticks