Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Sin

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Triethylhexanoin, Isopropyl Lanolate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Cera Alba (Synthetic Beeswax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Methicone, Isobutylparaben May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (VEGAN)

on 10/20/2011 5:55:00 PM

I love Urban Decay primer potions. I own Sin, Greed, and original. I find they all work equally well. The trick to not getting creasing is so put the SMALLEST amount of this stuff on. Like one tiny swipe and then quickly blend it in. If you use a lot of this as your primer, of course you'll get creasing.

I don't use this as just a shadow. The way I use it you can barely even see the color. That is how little product you need. I suppose maybe someday I could try using this as a shadow. Isn't it the same color as Sin in the Naked Palette? I don't own it YET but I will someday! :)

I have all travel sizes of the primer potions and they're all in the old packaging. I don't mind the old packaging. In fact, I love how it has an applicator and can be applied easily. However, I do know that TONS of product gets stuck in the bottles. Have you guys seen the YouTube videos on how to de-pot a potion? Wow! So, with that being said, when it comes around to de-potting my potions, I'm sure it will be more of an adventure. :) And, since I buy so much Urban Decay stuff, I don't think I'll ever run out of primer potion. I'll give them away as gifts!

I love this stuff and paired with a small layer of MAC Paint Pots over these my shadows stay perfect from morning til it's time to take off my makeup. (8am-11pm). It's truly a miracle!

on 10/14/2011 7:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

i never had an eye primer so i wanted to try the original UDPP because Iv heard so many great reviews on it but sephora ran out of it so i got the sin primer potion instead hoping it wouldnt crease and just add some shimmer metallic glow underneath my eyeshadow i put on ..although I really like the color and shimmer it gives... it creased on me after like 2 hours of having it on sadly..so i probably wont be buying it again..but it does make a good brow bone highlighter :)

This is my favorite primer potion! It works just as good as the regular and I love the color and the little frost to it. I love how my shadow looks with this applied. Definatly a favorite of mine. I have even worn it alone before when I was in a hurry.

on 9/25/2011 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I use this either on its own or as base. it gives a nice glow/shimmer and even suitable for daytime. One thing i found is that its difficult to blend e/s once this is used as the base. the normal UD primer is not like this but somehow this is somehow more dry.But i still like it. I have mine in the new packaging, the squeeze tube, which i prefer rather than the old packaging.overall i like it.

on 9/25/2011 1:38:00 AM

Meh. This is far too shimmery and metallic to use as a shadow base. Maybe on it's own as a paint pot sort of thing, but not to layer shadows over it. It just doesn't look good at all! The priming part of this did a great job, but I could seriously do without the color and shimmer. I'll be sticking to the original and Eden primers.

on 9/20/2011 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product...I'm 40 so I didn't want something too too shimmery and teenage looking and I found it....it's got this soft pink glow ( I don't even call it shimmer, cause there's no glitterly look to it)...I'm pretty pale in the winter/fall months and this adds just enough color to make my green eyes POP! I've worn it the last two days with nothing over it....and gotten SOOO many compliments...I will definitely be re-purchasing!!!!!!

on 9/7/2011 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I prefer the original Primer Potion to this one. Sin is a little greasy looking and too shimmery for my taste. Kind of reminds me of MAC Stilife paint, or LM metallic eye colour in platinum, but sheerer.

on 9/4/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't really like the Original Primer Potion. But I really love this one! It acts as the perfect primer when you want some shimmers on your eyes. I don't even need another primer underneath despite it is coloured and its staying power is even better than the original one.

on 8/27/2011 10:55:00 PM

UDPP is the gold standard when it comes to primers, and it does the job well...but there are a lot of competitors now that are just as good at keeping my eyeshadow creaseless. ELF, Palladio, NYX and Ruby Kisses all have excellent primers at just a fraction of the price, without the goofy tube!
The Sin color is nice, but not nice enough for me to justify spending $18 - I'll stick to the cheaper brands in the future and save my money for more glitter :)

on 8/27/2011 2:21:00 AM

I think I love this more than the original. I am in love with the color of this primer... it is beautiful... my go to when I don't want to fuss with multiple brushes and shadows. Perfect champagne/shimmery taupe color. As with the original formula, this wears like iron on my lids. Will repurchase for sure, and happy to see UD has wised up and ditched the old cute but crappy genie bottle tube!

Video Reviews & Tutorials