October 23, 2014 | 1874 users online

Powders - Clinique - Clinique Redness Solutions Instant Relief Mineral Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by FudgesFrog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive skin with a bit of pink/red in my cheeks. I was in the market for a new finishing powder and saw an ad for this product in Self. I was at the Clinique counter at Saks the next day. The texture of the powder is nice enough, though I did feel as though it left a more powdery finish than I normally prefer. Despite being touted as a (very light) color corrector, I did not notice a difference in my pink cheeks. The SA told me that the benefits accrue over time to soothe the skin; that may be true, but after breaking out in small bumps/pimples, I knew that I wouldn't get that far.

My advice for those with sensitive skin: get a sample before committing to a whole jar.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by MJS12409

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a myriad of skin issues (Roseca, sensitive skin, oily in the t-zone, dry on the cheeks) and purchased the Redness Solutions in hope of relief. I am sad to report that i have not had a positive experience with the product. For me, it does absolutely NOTHING. It does not soothe the skin, it does not reduce redness. The sales lady billed this as the miracle product but miracle it is not.

I was surprised that Clinique included Bismuth in this product as it can be an irritant for some. Thankfully I have not had any adverse reactions, just no reactions at all. I say, save your money. Not a good buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 9:33:00 PM More reviews by sleepingmydayaway

I have reactive redness and mild/moderate rosacea. This does a pretty good job at covering it up. It doesn't cover up redness caused by blemishes. I like to apply it with a buffer brush, because a kabuki brush seems to eat up a lot of the product. The price seems steep (i think around $32) but you get a huge amount, I think this will last me at least a year!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 9:51:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

General: I have advanced rosacea and was given this as a sample to cover the redness. The powder does indeed help neutralize very mild pinkness but doesn't come close to neutralizing actual redness--you'll need additional layers of makeup. It goes on fairly smoothly--finely milled and doesn't settle in wrinkles, etc. (And surprisingly, although the powder is very yellow in the jar, it doesn't appear yellow on the face.)

THE VERY BAD: It has BISMUTH!!! Other cosmetic companies have started removing this stuff from their products because it can be so nasty (and sometimes it takes awhile for facial skin to build up a reaction so out of nowhere, your face suddenly becomes inflamed, especially if it gets damp). Why Clinique would sell a product that's supposed to reduce redness and then put bismuth in it seems absurd.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by daleyfam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I tend to have a pinkish undertone to my skin. Some makeup counter girls have tried to set me up with foundations that have a little more yellow than pink, to tone this down - but I have always returned them because they look orange on me! So I have a foundation that I feel looks natural, albeit slightly pink on me. I tried the powder, and it was really subtle enough that it blended in to my skin - toned down the pink without really changing the color, looking yellow or pale or anything like that. My problem is that whenever I use it, the next day I have several little white pimples on my chin area. I use retin A micro to prevent wrinkles, and I have not had skin breakouts in several years, and I have not used any new products recently. I have not used this powder every day, but after several weeks, I can absolutely see the trend that when I do wear it, the next day I will have several little pimples. So I am returning it. I will embrace my pinkness.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by hipchick66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Preface: I only used Clinique Blended Face Powder as my base for years, until I joined MUA (and you know what happens after that, I own enough makeup to start my own store.)
Anyway, I've gotten really tired of the makeup look, just wanted to go back to something simple: pretty skin (that looks like skin), mascara, blush, gloss.
This powder helps me to achive that look with little effort. It makes my pores disappear, covers redness on my cheeks, and makes my skin feel cool and comfortable. I do use City Block Sheer SPF 25 underneath, but it works without that too!
I'm going to put some in a little sifter jar to take in my makeup bag.

It does what is says, and makes me happy. What else could I ask for?

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by NuttyGrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was lured by the sales associate to try this product because my face was red & blotchy. I suffer from reactive redness and the store was about 100-degrees. She applied the product to one half of my face. You could definately see a difference.

I've been using this product now for three weeks as part of my daily makeup routine. I must say, this is by far not a "miracle" product, however, I will admit that it does tone down any pink-ness. If you happen to apply too much blush, this definately is a great product to use. For more prominent redness, I would say this does a mediocre job at bringing that tone down.

I have tried using this all different ways: under foundation, alone with just my moisturizer, and over foundation. I can't say that using it one way is any better than another. I was a little hesitant because powders tend to settle into my fine lines and large pores, plus I have super-sensitive, acne-prone skin with dry patches. I am happy to report that this does not dry out my skin or settle into the lines/pores, or cause me to breakout, even if I re-apply more during the day.

The brush provided is pathetic, so definately use a larger brush. The one I received with the product is great for touch-ups throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by totallyx3jenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product for covering redness- it really does what it says it will. I actually use my bare minerals brush to put it on, and it works really well. I dont need to use a ton. My only complaint is the brush it comes with is complete crap, its tiny and there are not enough bristles and they are too long. Use a good thih brush for this stuff. Overall an excellent buy, will be repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I now use this instead of foundation. I have Rosacea, and when I apply this powder with a kabuki brush, it covers everything but is very light. ALL of the cream powder or liquid foundations I use give me an odd color. And they wear off quickly. This wears off a bit after a few hrs., but just requires a quick touch up. It's impossible to make a mistake with it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I have rosacea as well as broken blood vessels and so, when I saw the advertisement for this powder, I thought it would be perfect for me. The sales clerk at the Clinique counter said it was a 'miracle' product.
Well, it's good, but a miracle, no. It's a rather intense yellow shade, so it does neutralize the overall redness in my face. However, it barely covers my broken blood vessels, so although my face looks better than it does without the powder, it's not the complexion perfection I thought I would have. Maybe the only solution for those broken blood vessles is laser treatment, although it's fairly expensive.
Still, I wouold continue to repurchase this powder, since it does tone down my redness.