December 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MACmakeupchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I AM A YOUTUBE FANATIC...AND AFTER SEEING QUEENOFBLENDINGS ENTIRE REVEIW VIDEO ON THIS MASCARA AND SEEING HOW GREAT ITWORKED FOR HER....I HAD TO TRY IT!!! OMG...I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER MASCARA AGAIN!! I HAVE BEEN ASKED IF I WEAR EXTENSIONS..YES ITMAKES YOUR LASHES LONG...AND FULL!! ANOTHER THING I LIKED WAS THAT IT WASHED OFF WITH WATER...PLAIN OL WATER!! IT COSTS AROUND 8-9 BUCKS....BETTER ITS BETTER THAN MAC ANYDAY....RUN DONT WALK AND GET THIS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Extends lashes well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear!! Lasts forever. Inexpensive.

CONS: Can't build to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this.

APPLICATION TIPS: You can use this primer before your favorite mascara to add volume. You can also use this after your favorite mascara to seal it in with the tubes to prevent smudging. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket by Maybelline (waterproof) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix) OR Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. If you already have pretty good lashes (don't need much help), you may like CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 1:46:00 AM More reviews by MNohreally

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite mascara too!
It never smudges. Cleansing is really convenient. It comes right off with water only.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by angiedancer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite mascara. I originally bought this product because it was the closest drugstore version I could find of a similar mascara I had tried on at Sephora. The primer part of the mascara really lengthens my lashes while the black part thickens. I have gotten several compliments on this mascara, and many have even asked me if my lashes were fake! Also, when you wash it off, it doesn't run, but comes off in cool little tubes that don't make a mess all over your face. The only downside is that you have to be careful with how you put it on so it doesn't look clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by coramonster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is NOT my favorite mascara. I hate the primer side, pointless I have long lashes anyway. It makes my lashes feel dry and hard. They feel heavy and don't curl well. But the absolute best reason for me to buy this mascara again and again is... it doesn't smudge at all, at all. Not at all!
I have oily skin so most mascaras end up all over my face, especially if it's a hot day and I sweat at all, I have raccoon eye's. But not with this mascara. I like how it comes off, in tubes not messy at all.
I don't like the primer so I don't use it, the few times I have used it, it took coats and coats of the mascara side to cover over the white, buy then I had four or five spiky lashes where they had clumped together. So I'm only using half the product. You only get a small amount of product in the tube too. If they sold it as just that mascara, I'd be happier. No not my favorite, but I will buy until there is alliterative.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

HATE IT!
-kind of pricey
-broke 6 of my eyelashes within 2 days of use
-the packaging clumps up the mascara making it kind of messy
wouldn't buy it again, was highly disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by StardustSteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my all time favorite mascara right now. It gives me incredible length and definition. I look like I'm wearing false lashes when I wear this mascara. I find the formula perfect not to liquidy nor too thick. It goes on smooth and looks natural. I recommend people at least give this a try it really gives your lashes an amazing look.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2009 11:36:00 AM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Same here, my lashes are pretty non-existent too.
I've been looking for the type of vinyl or polymer mascara since they discontinued Magicils and the one from Agnes B: Flash mascara.
I like the clean plastic effect, and I like the fact that it doesn't damage the lashes. This one is even better with that prob5-vitamin primer.
This mascara gives the biggest impact in the smallest amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

Great product. Does wonders to my short, sparse eyelashes.

Update (10.15.09)

I have lost a few (or more) lashes while removing this stuff = ((

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by tobybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is kinda long, but...
I pretty much stick with Rimmel, because it's the only mascara brand I've used that doesn't flake off into my eyes and sting! But, it was my birthday so I decided to treat myself and try the beauty tubes.

So, I applied the primer, and then the black while the primer was still wet. My lashes looked long and thick, but they're pretty decent to begin with. I was more concerned with smudges, flakes and irritation.

So I went out for my birthday dinner with a friend to one of those hole in the wall Mexican restaurants with great food, and ended up wearing a giant sombrero while the staff sang happy birthday to me... and then, out of nowhere, one of the waiters smashed a napkin filled with CREAM into my face, and then proceeded to rub it all across my face! WTF?

I ran into the restroom to scrub my face (I have really breakout prone, sensitive skin) and noticed that all of my eyeshadow had been removed by the cream, but the mascara still looked perfect!! No smudgy raccoon eyes, no messy flakes, nothing!! I couldn't believe it. I expected a giant black, runny mascara mess, but it looked like I had just applied it.

When it came time to remove the mascara later that night, I just let the warm water from the shower run across my face, and then gently rubbed my lashes. It only took around 30 seconds, and the mascara came off in little clumps that washed away easily. No tugging, no greasy eye makeup removers...just warm water. Wow. I'm impressed!

So, to sum up: thickens and lengthens, easy removal, no irritation, no flakes, no smudges...definite rebuy.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No