December 18, 2014 | 1205 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Luxe

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by talitac

This mascara does absolutely nothing for my eyelashes. I can't see the shimmer even when I use a magnifying mirror, and the color flakes off during the day, which actually makes removing it quite easy at night, but it's not exactly what I was looking for when I got it. Definitely not going to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This mascara is absolutely fantastic. The shimmer is perfectly subtle though hardly invisible, but this may be because I usually do my make-up with a strongly magnified mirror. You can't see it from far away, but my SO did mention that my eyes were "sparkly" shortly after I started wearing this. It thickens my lashes, and the brush eliminates clumps. Haven't had any flaking issues, and it's not hard to remove at all. Overall great, I've bought 2 tubes so far, will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this works great, it isnt worth the extra change you pay for it it. It is the exact same as its sister product and I have the black diamond one, I dont really notice the sparklies. But the pigmentation is very black so Ill use this up. I used to hate lash blast but I gave the orange tube another shot and im in love. Rebuy for sure

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Vindicated88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Holds curl
- thickens lashes
- brightens eye area

Cons:
- a bit too much simmer
- bad scent
- hard to remove

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by vwzen81

I was a huge fan of the regular Lash Blast but then I started realizing that once the tube of mascara was about a month old it would start flaking all over my face during the day! I change my tube of mascara every 2-3 months but I am not going to buy new mascara every month, thatís nuts. So, I decided to give the Lash Blast Luxe a try and see if its formula was any better with the flaking issue and the Luxe isnít flaking nearly as bad as the regular was. I really love the Luxe in Black Platinum; I do two coats and people canít see the shimmer from afar but they can when theyíre up close and especially if theyíre looking at my lashes from a side view. Itís a subtle shimmer but I think it adds a little uniqueness and its way more fun than just boring old black mascara. Iíve also tried the Luxe in the green but I wasnít that crazy about it because I like my lashes to be dark black and the green gives more of a natural color to your lashes; the color appears almost grey. For the people that are expecting/wanting full on glitter coated eye lashes youíre barking up the wrong tree; this is subtle shimmer, not glitter.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There are times when u want to just have faith in drugstore cosmetics and then there are times when that faith gets smashed to pieces, well it was one of those times when i gave this horrid mascara a try. I decided only to get it bc it was a combo pack for $4 at target and i figured what the heck, try it and give the other one to my younger sister who is now into makeup a little bit too much for her age anyway. The color payoff is extremely dull for a black mascara and that's where my other more high priced mascara's come in big time, ex- mufe smoky lash, dior, chanel, etc. The lengthening and voloume capabilities were non existent as my lashes remained the same length. The shimmer, really what shimmer, unless you take a magnifying glass to my eye you wont see nothing but dryness and grayness. In an attempt to make this mascara come alive i curled my lashes several times beforehand and added a primer nothing. My sister is 14 so she doesnt know any better and i gave them to her. will never repurchase, garbage. I bought this in black platinum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by davyjonessays

This is the mascara I use if I want more volume and definition. Not as lengthening as stiletto, but that's ok. The packaging has changed a little bit since its release; it no longer sports a silver band separating the tube and wand, which is an improvement, as it looks much better now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Ginger30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a fan of the Luxe style of Cover Girl Lash Blast. The luxe version is in the dark pink tube. It also has the *sparkles* of different colors (burgundy, blue, green, white diamond effect).
This is a very good mascara for thickening my lashes. My lashes are medium length to begin with so I get some additional length too. This doesn't make lashes crazy long though. I'd rather thicker looking lashes with some oomph. Some people like long, others like thick, others just want more. We're all different. But for me this mascara is my current favorite and I have purchased it 4 times already. I've tried all the different color enhancements too and basically they're all black with only slight color enhancement showing on the lashes. That's okay because I'm not out to make my lashes green or blue, I just want maybe a hint of of shimmery color with the black to help make my eyes go pop.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 8:26:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This is terrible. It had nothing that I liked. The black pigment was terrible, no volumizing effect, the big bulky tube, the emerald colour didn't show through at all, and the price was ridiculous for a d/s brand at nearly $13 (with taxes). This is going back. I hate it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by tarapickholtz

At first I really liked this mascara, but unfortunately I won't be repuchasing. I get nice volume and length from it, and definitely no clumps, but it irritates my eyes. I don't really notice any flaking, but it seems that the tiny, tiny sparkles get in my eyes. I can't really SEE them since the shimmer is so fine, so it's really hard to get out of my eyes. Too bad, because the mascara is really pretty! The packaging is cute in the fatter pinkish tube and the brush is great for keeping lashes clump-free. The regular Lash Blast looked nice to me too, but this one actually did flake a little bit on me. Overall, I'd say I still like the Luxe version a bit better, but will not be repurchasing because of the irritation.