April 18, 2014 | 1480 users online

Concealers - Almay - Amazing Lasting [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2004 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Frogilina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best concealer I have tried thus far. It doesn't totally conceal my dark circles but it does lessen their appearance quite a bit. The thing I REALLY like about it is that the mascara on my lower lashes NEVER smears when I wear this concealer. A couple of tips: (1)Apply it over an eye cream and (2) if you need to apply a second coat, do so immediately. It really settles into my fine lines and looks dry and cakey (hence, I look a lot older) if I forget either of these things.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2004 5:34:00 PM More reviews by lpglssaddict87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my new HG concealer. It's so much more thick and creamy than the ones I've used previously. It actually covers my undereye circles! And it lasts all day so thats a good thing. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by verorl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily lids and tried this concealer out after reading rave reviews about it for use as an eye shadow base. The packging is good, the consistency OK, the color is good, but eye shadows still creased on me, so it wasn't "amazing" or "lasting" for me. I guess it would work great for someone with less oiliness, and it does cover enough as a concealer. I just won't be buying it again. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2004 7:27:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

I bought this as an undereye concealer, and so far, I'm not all that impressed with the finish it leaves. It goes on OK, blends well, and lasts long...but throughout the day, it tends to look creased and dry. I wouldn't buy this again. I'm still looking for a concealer that's not too heavy, and doesn't look like mud under my eye.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2004 4:09:00 PM More reviews by chedoux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only use concealer when I have zits to cover, and AL is great for that purpose. (This is a staple I won't go without during breakouts.) It's not greasy, it blends well, and it really does last all day. I'm always pleased with how much better my face looks without the red dots. Edit, 12/5 I repurchased the new version, with the SPF. The packaging leaks. Worse, though, it adds zits to red spots I'm trying to cover up; every time I use it I have a new blemish. It still lasts all day, but I won't repurchase this. I wish they still had the old formula available. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2004 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

This is an average concealor. I bought it because I have a serious problem with creasing, and I heard this worked wonders. But no, it creases, too. I'm a cool-toned NC20, and the lightest color is too tan for me. It reminds me of MAC Select Tint concealor, which I also disliked. While this concealor doesn't crease as much as L'Oreal's Airwear Brightner, it still creased noticeably. The search for a creaseless concealor continues, sadly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2004 10:02:00 PM More reviews by CyberTammy

I bought this because I heard great things about it and I ran out of my old concealer which is the best but discontinued. First of all the lightest shade is too dark and extremely orange. Second the consistancy is too thin and doesn't blend well. Third it just sucks. I use it to blend with a too light concealer but I would never purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2004 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TallicaMommy

I have used this as both a concealer, and an eyeshadow base.

As a concealer, it blended evenly, and the staying power was great. It lasted through watching Brother Bear, and that's a tearjerker! It didn't completely cover my dark circles, but it blended well enough to at least make them look a bit more natural, rather than the walking corpse look I have without concealer.

It was AWESOME as an eyeshadow base... no creasing!!

It does have a chemically smell, but it disappears quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 8:50:00 PM More reviews by mangolassi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first concealer I have ever ever used, and I am happy to say that I got lucky and found my HG right off the bat. I do not have bad skin, per se, but I a few little dark scars from monstrous blemishes throughout the years that I am a bit self conscious about. I have weirdly pale yellow skin, and the "light/pale" shade is a perfect match. The coverage is creamy and nearly flawless...no caking or flaking or any nastiness at all. Really really great stuff, I am glad I found it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2004 11:03:00 PM More reviews by sickstew

i like it a lot. the price is GREAT for what you get. it doesn't crease, and it's one of the only concealers i can use under my eyes. i love the packaging and the little application brush thing. i've used a lot of concealers, most of which were more expensive, and this is my hg. also, it doesn't flake at all. i mean, i have combo skin, so i dunno how dry skin would react.. but other concealer's have dried me out, and with this one you can add as much coverage as you want without worrying about it drying you out