October 22, 2014 | 1766 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by someonewhatever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

one of the better ds mascaras. i've been through most of them and will stick with this one. it lenghtens, volumizes, holds the curl, no flakes and minimal clumping even with 3-4 coats. black/brown shade is just right. i use sweet almond oil to remove, but can see how it might be hard to take off by just washing it off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG Alert!!! This is my new CHEAP HG!! For years, I've been on the lookout for a cheaper alternative to my beloved YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils for daily use. In the meantime I threw away more mascaras than toilet paper!

This is sold under a different name in the UK but the tube and the brush is the same. The brush is a fat spiky rubber wand that separates and coats the lashes evenly and is really easy to use. I read some negative reviews: You need to apply 2-3 COATS to get volume and length. After that it is soft, full matte-looking great lashes. No clumping, no flaking all day. It is easily removed and leaves no oily residue under the lower lashes that you need to rub out time and time again like some brands. I bought both black and black/brown - I think I prefer black but the lighter one is very good, too. Hugely impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by plussize1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love both this and Lash Blast.....I did find this one to be less clumpy, a little easier to work with, and a bit more of a natural look. I find it easier to remove at the end of the night too!!

______________
    UPDATE WHENEVER I WEAR THIS PEOPLE THINK I AM WEARING FAKE EYELASHES THIS IS MY NEW HG AND IT DOESNT CLUMP...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by Blondie4445

I bought this Friday and had very high hopes for this mascara! I usually don't buy very many drugstore brands but I thought for $10 it could be worth a shot! I had heard so many good things about the 2000 calorie mascara! This totally let me down! The was a waste! I should have gone witht something else! My lashes normally look long and full this has made them very Short and no volume at all! I will not repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by kiwigurly89

I was going to get Covergirls Lash blast but after I read the reviews on here I decided to get this. I absolutly LOVE this mascara!!! Ive tried alot of mascaras and none of them ever make my lashes look this good! They usually clump up and look horrible!!! This mascara dosnt do that! No clumps! No flakes!! Its perfect!! And it holds a curl!! I love it!!! =]

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by DIVA_HW

After reading the reviews here, I had very high hopes for this mascara. After trying it, I would rate it an average mascara. I am definitely a mascara junkie and love other MF mascaras (2000 Calorie, Stretch & Separate) so I expected similar results to those formulations. Not so much. I did see some fullness to my lashes, but nothing more than the 2000 Calorie product gives. As far as curl and length, I thought my lashes were left looking spikey, dry and short. I really disliked the brush because it did not distribute the product evenly and was not easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Luquinb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another looser...Bought this on Monday....its worst than Lash Blast...the only reason why it got 1 lippie is because it held a curl which on my lashes it very hard to do...clumply and left my lashes very short...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:42:00 PM More reviews by joanne1220

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This mascara is exactly the same as Lash Blast. Same container, same company and same ingredients in the exact same order on the package. That being said, they're BOTH great in my opinion. I switched from expensive (dior, YSL) mascaras to this one because I get same thick separated lashes as with the $27.00 one. I don't have any problems with flaking or smudging either.

I will buy whichever happens to be the lower in price- all depends on weekly sales. I will never go back to expensive mascaras again. Not with 2000 Extreme and Lash Blast!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ally138

Did everything it promised but I experienced a little bit of smudging but definitely one of the better mascaras I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:01:00 PM More reviews by barnycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried all kinds of mascara. I really really like this. My lashes are thick and lush looking without spider lashes or clumps. My HG is still YSL Faux Cils but this works great at a much less expensive price. For the record I tried Lash Blast and I didn't like it. Maybe it's the brush with this one. It's just much much nicer. Def recommend. Great value for the money.