April 18, 2014 | 861 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by dizzied

In my opinion, this foundation is wonderful. I recently ran out & have been trying to use my other foundations before I buy a new one. Nothing that I have (high end & drugstore) compares to this foundation for me. My other foundations seem to creep into places I don't want it. I'm not sure if the swirly "serum" is a gimmick, but I find that this product does not highlight my winter flakies like other foundations do. It also doesn't give a shiny finish, but makes my skin appear healthy. The product also feels a bit cool when applied. I will definetly repurchase, but I wish there was a little more in the container for the price because it definetly doesn't last long & I use it pretty lightly.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this! I read tons of reviews before hand, and I love Covergirl, so I was really excited! I do like this product a lot, but I am still on the search for an HG foundation. (So far this and the CG oil control liquid are the best I've found!) I am pretty fair, and everyone was saying how light this foundation is. Well, it was still too dark for me. Basically this is this product in a nutshell:
PROS:
- easy to apply
- covers redness, pimples, capillaries
- has sunscreen in it
- doesn't look cakey
- has a good finish
- the color match is pretty close
- doesn't clog pores AS LONG AS YOU WASH IT OFF COMPLETELY AT NIGHT!
-Buildable coverage, but you don't need a lot

CONS:
- doesn't wash off easily at all! I have to really work to get this off, and it does cause little whiteheads if you don't wash it properly!!
-It comes off on tissues when you blow your nose, so it's not super transfer resistant.
-Color match isn't perfect
- The sponge it comes with is round and kind of awkward, I would recommend a cosmetic wedge sponge instead.

This is a great product, but the main thing I don't like about it is how hard it is to get off. But it's so quick and easy to put on, so it makes mornings a breeze. I really like this product, but it's a bit pricey. I might buy it again, because I really do like it, but I'll probably just stick with the CG oil control liquid because it's cheaper and easier to wash off and use this stuff occassionally.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Emilek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First thing first: this foundation gives UNBELIEVABLE finish. For the first time I had flawless face! The coverage is great. The look is natural.
So why only 3 lippies?
The foundation broke me badly with an awful underskin cysts.
After an hour I was as shiny as the church shoes of the little girl.
After 4 hours the foundation was totally gone living me with my far from perfect natural skin.
The quantity of the product is ridicolous. I cannot believe my eyes when the sponge hit the bottom.
Overall this is the first foundation that gives me this perfect finish. I guess it is good for some special occasions, when the pimples next day will be the price to pay for few hours of perfect look. Plus you will have to fight with a shine and a lack of coverage after few hours but will woman not do to look like a dream...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by cvdaniels

Awesome product. Gives great coverage and hides fine lines. I do wear a primer with it. I was very impressed with this product. Like it better than my Lancome or Estee Lauder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 4:57:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Ivory and it matches my very pale skin OK but not great. It's pale enough, BUT it's a little too pink...***I wish CoverGirl would wake up and make more shades with a yellow undertone instead of pink and orange.*** It goes on easily and blends well, you don't need to use a whole lot to get good coverage. I wouldn't call it a cream..it's odd..it's like a gel and cream together. I have pink marks and redness from past acne and this covers pretty well without feeling/looking heavy. I'd say you could make it anywhere from light to full coverage..patting it on makes it fuller coverage. I have large pores on my t-zone and this doesn't settle into them. It's expensive for a drugstore brand..the cheapest I've seen it reg price was $16.99.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 7:13:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The comment below about "how many people have been PAID by Cover Girl to write a positive review" is pretty presumptuous and goofy. Foundations work differently for different skin types. My HG foundation is the Eve Pearl, HD Dual Foundation. I tried this foundation a week ago and have been using it ever since! I love what it does to my skin! It is one of the only, drug store foundations that doesn't settle into my fine lines or wrinkles! I love love love it! It lasts all day for me too. I have combo skin that is somewhat acne prone and use this over a primer (Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel)..it blends so effortlessly, finger application works just fine! As with all make up products, a sparing application is the key..the more minimal, the better when it comes to foundations. The coverage to this little gem is medium - full. I live in Texas and it's held up time and time again to the weather here. Granted, we're in the cooler seasons..but anyone in Texas will tell you the same thing...it never really gets "cold" in Texas. This doesn't oxidize much on me, I believe, because I always wear my primer when I wear make up. The primer seals in my moisturizer and seals OUT my foundation..keeping the oil from mixing with my applied make up. My HG cream foundation from the drugstore is the Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse but this one gives it a run for its money. I would say I like them about the same for different reasons..though the palest shade in this foundation matches me more than the Smooth Mousse's lightest shade. Also, the finish is more matte than the Smooth Mousse. I'm so glad I tried this product! I love it lots! Highly recommended!

xoxoxo
- Mad Madam Jess

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm shocked!! Okay two things...number one, I'm a cosmetic snob, especially when it comes to foundation. Number two, I have skin that is diffcult to make look good. It's thick, rough, with large pores and blotches of hyper pigmentation.

So about 2 weeks I was out looking to buy yet another foundation, this time I was on the hunt for a good creme foundation. First I got a sample from sephora. I was going to buy it but the salesperson caused me to hesitate as she didn't think I had the right skin type for a creme foundation. Then I went to Mac and got another sample of one of their creme foundations. That same day while in a drug store I decided to buy this cover girl foundation on an impulse. I had heard good things about it and I decided what the hell?! This was the first time in 26 years that I had bought a drugstore foundation.

Okay, so for the next 2 days I tried the samples of the more expensive foundations and I hated them both. One left my face an oily greasy mess and the other just disappeared and didn't cover anything. Both were very time consuming to apply. Lots of blending and rubbing. So I was glad I hadn't purchased and I figured the salesperson was right...I probably didn't have the right skin for creme foundations. At this point I didn't even bother with the cover girl because I figured if the 2 higher end products didn't work, cover girl certainly wasn't going to be any better.

Todays while cleaning up my cosmetic area I came across the cover girl and figured what the heck I'll give it try. I hadn't washed my face, moisturized or put any primer on. I grabbed a clean sponge, swiped it across the foundation and then hurriedly rubbed in into my face. I was fully expecting to hate and figured I would be tossing it out once I tried it.

Okay, first of all it went on much lighter than I had expected. I wasn't prepared for seeing my face look so pale but once I got past that oddity, I noticed that this was a pretty damn good foundation. The coverage was fantastic but not in anyway heavy feeling or mask like. The texture of my skin looked soft and silky and the pores were barely noticable. When I touched my face it didn't feel greasy or caked at all. The skin felt soft and smooth, not full of product. Keep in mind I had just swiped this on really fast without caring and without using any primer and here my skin was looking great. I also noticed that after a few minutes of letting the foundation melt into my skin, my natural color began to show through a little and diminshed the weird paleness. The amount of moisture in the product is also perfect as it is neither too dry nor to oily and the finish is neither too matte nor too shiny. I put some powder blush on over top and it went on perfectly as well.

I can't say that this is my holy grail yet because I don't have the right shade, I need at least one or two shades darker. This is also why it didn't get 5 lippies as I need to see if I can get a proper color match. If I manage to get the correct shade...well I think we might be talking HOLY GRAIL.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ugh. On my oily, acne-prone skin, this was a greasy, pore-clogging, oxidizing, rubbing-off-on-everything mess. The lighest shade, which in any other foundation would be right for my pale skin, made me look like a corpse.
'
I really wanted to love this product, and to that end I ended up paying $15 more than once for more than one shade. Each one was equally abysmal. This may work for some people, but it was a disaster on me.

(NOTE: I did edit this review to tone down the initial harshness. I was pretty mad at having wasted money on it, but then again, it may work for some people out there, just not for me.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

OK, I am shocked at how great this stuff is! I am a total high-end foundation buyer (Chanel, Guerlain) and out of curiousity (and a coupon, lol), I decided to check it out. I'm sort of surprised by all the comments that it runs so light; I'm an NW20 and got it in Natural Ivory, which was a perfect match. The packaging totally sucks; I actually had to Google how to open the compact (the top simply twists off, like a jar...but trust me, this is not obvious), but other than that, it's the bomb. It comes with a perfectly usable round sponge. Basically, you just smooth the sponge over the foundation (which blends the Olay serum with the makeup) and then I do downward sweeps across my face. The coverage is excellent and feels lighter than air; none of that greasy feel you can get with liquids. I only have to blot my nose with powder about every 4 hours and the pretty finish lasts pretty much all day. For a drugstore product, the quality is really superior. Based on my experience, it is totally possible that I will not return to my department store brands.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 10:35:00 PM More reviews by amna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wowzer!...... what a great foundation... such a wonderful finish.. i have the most oily skin on planet earth....slick like a whale's behind... but with this foundation...omg! it stayed put and blended well...just aaaaahhhhhhhhh