December 19, 2014 | 1703 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetlily2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this; the lightest shade matches my skin perfectly. The only bad thing is the applicator sponge has a weird smell that stayed on my skin and I couldn't stand it. Easy fix; just toss it and use my beautyblender. I would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Andrea2626

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation. I am only 30 but I have fine lines around my eyes.

My tip- use a sponge brush and apply VERY LIGHTLY! When I first bought this product I didn't like how heavy it looked, but then I started applying just a few "spots" of foundation all over and smoothing them with a sponge applicator (I buy these separate). The look is very nice- not to heavy or cake-y.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by kitten916

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok, well I have never worn foundation before (I know I'm kinda old) but I absolutely love this stuff. Once I figured out how to put it on properly it looks like my own skin but better. I went to the covergirl website and did the color match profile. I had my hubby chose the closest skin tone to mine for me. It chose number 215 for me and it is perfect. I would definatly buy it again. It's worth the price to me.I read all the reviews here and I find the packaging to be easy to use, I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I'm surprised that this foundation doesn't completely suck. I didn't have high hopes, and I'm pleased to report that I've been proven wrong. I use a sponge wedge to apply it, and the coverage is medium without looking too heavy. It definitely does get cakey if over-applied. It's so easy to blend with a sponge, and I'm happy with my colour match. However, I find that the overall finish is a bit dull. Those who like matte foundation may appreciate it, but I always feel the need to wake up my complexion with some highlighter after I use this foundation. The packaging is great for travel - I tend to take this with me for overnights instead of more bulky liquid foundations. However, over time the cream has developed cracks, even though it has not dried out at all. Overall, decent drugstore foundation. I will keep using it when I want a quick, no-mess application, but I don't think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by chitinaak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the coverage and it does not get cakey. I find it very easy to blend and have gotten compliments on how smooth my skin looks. I am 43 and that is nice to hear from people! You know a product works well when you get compliments from different people. My only gripe would be that for the price there is not much product. It does not last near as long as some of Cover Girls other foundations. I wish they would increase portion size for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by kerrigwen65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For Fairness sake I don't wear much foundation and my results with this product are partially why. I liked to texture and appearance. My skin is changing. I've always been oily and now I'm tending towards dry with a shiny nose. This product made my skin feel itchy after a few hours. Burn is to strong and tingly give wrong description too. But It made me want to go wash my face. The packaging feels awkward to me. The sponge won't come clean and I'm new to brushes, and I can't imagine a bush getting the job done with this thick consistency. I went back to my tinted moisturizer. I suspect if your a fan of the Olay product you'll like this and the price would be reasonable since you get a 2 for 1 product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by nbusenius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation can be summed up in a word: cakey.

The foundation is a cream foundation that is thick.

The foundation comes with a sponge. But sponges can get dirty fast and because this foundation is so cakey, you will go through sponges quickly. After about a month of using sponges, I switched to my foundation brush and found I could get better slightly better coverage than with the sponge.

The foundation coverage is poor. It did cover uneven skin tones, but did not cover up redness around my nose, nor any blemishes. Because coverage was poor, I found myself putting more foundation than I had with my previous brand.

Once the foundation was on, it appeared thick and didn’t look natural at all.

Additionally, the foundation wears off by mid-day. I work in an office so I expect foundation to last just about all day because I am not sweating or anything like that. So coverage is about 4 hours at best.

The foundation lays claim that it will improve your skin in 4 weeks due to the Olay cream being mixed in.

I have been using the foundation for 6 weeks and have noticed zero change in my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't get me wrong. I use CG eye shadows and love them. In the past I have used CG foundations and loved them. However, Simply Ageless is probably the worst foundation I have ever tried. On me it caked and it did settle in my lines. Additionally, it made my skin itchy, do I had to take it off, but it did not break me out. The color match was the lightest shade and it had an odd undertone that did not work for me. I was disappointed because usually I find CG make-up in general to be pretty terrific.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kieferz

Ever since I have started using foundation makeup I have always been partial to cream or cream to powder foundations as they save time and are less messy. I have tried everything from Lancome to Clinique, Estee Lauder to Merle Norman,(just about all the major brands), and nothing works as well as this foundation. I have read some of the other reviews that say this product is thick and dry in the package and I wonder how they are applying the product because I do not have that problem at all!! When I use this product I swirl my makeup sponge around in the container slightly and it comes out as a very creamy liquidy texture. Much more liquidy than the normal cream foundations I have used in the past. I am able to get medium buildable coverage out of it and it LASTS ALL DAY!!!! I usually can look in the rearview mirror on the way home from work with any other foundation and I look washed out and tired and you can definately tell my makeup is wore off but not with this one!!! I look just as beautiful at the end of a stressful day as I did when I first put my make up on and to me that is an amazing feat. As for the moisturizing factor, it is amazing as well. As somone who is in her late twenties, I have the beginnings of some fine lines forming on my forehead and slightly dry skin that is weirdly enough also prone to acne. This makeup DID NOT BREAK ME OUT like soooo many of the other brands I have tried. Infact I can honestly say that my skin looks smoother and is not dry anymore. The wrinkles on my forehead seem to be more smoothed out and the makeup does not settle into any of the fine lines I have forming. My boyfriend even commented on how I seem to have a glow about me when I put this foundation on. Definately my HG foundation! I have no reason to ever try a different foundation ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ewanfanatic88

This foundation was TOO heavy!!