July 26, 2014 | 1767 users online

Crème - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:47:00 AM More reviews by chitinaak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the coverage and it does not get cakey. I find it very easy to blend and have gotten compliments on how smooth my skin looks. I am 43 and that is nice to hear from people! You know a product works well when you get compliments from different people. My only gripe would be that for the price there is not much product. It does not last near as long as some of Cover Girls other foundations. I wish they would increase portion size for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by kerrigwen65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For Fairness sake I don't wear much foundation and my results with this product are partially why. I liked to texture and appearance. My skin is changing. I've always been oily and now I'm tending towards dry with a shiny nose. This product made my skin feel itchy after a few hours. Burn is to strong and tingly give wrong description too. But It made me want to go wash my face. The packaging feels awkward to me. The sponge won't come clean and I'm new to brushes, and I can't imagine a bush getting the job done with this thick consistency. I went back to my tinted moisturizer. I suspect if your a fan of the Olay product you'll like this and the price would be reasonable since you get a 2 for 1 product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by nbusenius

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Foundation can be summed up in a word: cakey.

The foundation is a cream foundation that is thick.

The foundation comes with a sponge. But sponges can get dirty fast and because this foundation is so cakey, you will go through sponges quickly. After about a month of using sponges, I switched to my foundation brush and found I could get better slightly better coverage than with the sponge.

The foundation coverage is poor. It did cover uneven skin tones, but did not cover up redness around my nose, nor any blemishes. Because coverage was poor, I found myself putting more foundation than I had with my previous brand.

Once the foundation was on, it appeared thick and didn’t look natural at all.

Additionally, the foundation wears off by mid-day. I work in an office so I expect foundation to last just about all day because I am not sweating or anything like that. So coverage is about 4 hours at best.

The foundation lays claim that it will improve your skin in 4 weeks due to the Olay cream being mixed in.

I have been using the foundation for 6 weeks and have noticed zero change in my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Don't get me wrong. I use CG eye shadows and love them. In the past I have used CG foundations and loved them. However, Simply Ageless is probably the worst foundation I have ever tried. On me it caked and it did settle in my lines. Additionally, it made my skin itchy, do I had to take it off, but it did not break me out. The color match was the lightest shade and it had an odd undertone that did not work for me. I was disappointed because usually I find CG make-up in general to be pretty terrific.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by kieferz

Ever since I have started using foundation makeup I have always been partial to cream or cream to powder foundations as they save time and are less messy. I have tried everything from Lancome to Clinique, Estee Lauder to Merle Norman,(just about all the major brands), and nothing works as well as this foundation. I have read some of the other reviews that say this product is thick and dry in the package and I wonder how they are applying the product because I do not have that problem at all!! When I use this product I swirl my makeup sponge around in the container slightly and it comes out as a very creamy liquidy texture. Much more liquidy than the normal cream foundations I have used in the past. I am able to get medium buildable coverage out of it and it LASTS ALL DAY!!!! I usually can look in the rearview mirror on the way home from work with any other foundation and I look washed out and tired and you can definately tell my makeup is wore off but not with this one!!! I look just as beautiful at the end of a stressful day as I did when I first put my make up on and to me that is an amazing feat. As for the moisturizing factor, it is amazing as well. As somone who is in her late twenties, I have the beginnings of some fine lines forming on my forehead and slightly dry skin that is weirdly enough also prone to acne. This makeup DID NOT BREAK ME OUT like soooo many of the other brands I have tried. Infact I can honestly say that my skin looks smoother and is not dry anymore. The wrinkles on my forehead seem to be more smoothed out and the makeup does not settle into any of the fine lines I have forming. My boyfriend even commented on how I seem to have a glow about me when I put this foundation on. Definately my HG foundation! I have no reason to ever try a different foundation ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by ewanfanatic88

This foundation was TOO heavy!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love this foundation. And, let me open by saying I am a foundation junkie. My love of foundation (and collection of) is second only to my love/collection of blush. Even when I have a holy grail foundation (like I do in Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric), I'm still on the search for another beloved foundation. I usually try high end ones like Guerlain, YSL, etc. and others like MUFE or MAC and LM and BB. A lot of those run too dark for me, unfortunately.

After trying (and liking ) two of the Maybelline mousse foundations (the Smooth and the Matte), I decided to try Cover Girl's Simply Ageless. This looked interesting in the drugstore because of the white swirls in it. I used Cover Girl Clean Makeup when I was a teen, but I haven't used Cover Girl makeup in decades (although I did try Clean Makeup a few years ago out of curiosity but ended up swapping it away). So I decided to try this one, and I am so glad I did. It truly rivals my high end foundations. It's lovely. Applies easily with a sponge (I don't get as good results with my fingers or a brush as I do with a sponge -- the one included works fine), gives a glowy but natural finish, wears well. It also feels good on my skin. You can't say that about a lot of foundations.

I'm fair (NW15), but I didn't need to order a darker shade in order for it to work well for me. I ordered the lightest shade, and I wish they had an even lighter shade. But shade 205 worked well for me. Normally I wear sunscreen under all foundations, even foundations with SPF in them because you'd have to layer on foundation to get decent protection. But on overcast days when I'm staying inside, I've worn this without sunscreen under it, and it wears really well. This is the only foundation I have that I will actually wear without sunscreen under it (although I only do that on rare occasions). I've also worn it with suncreen under it, and it wears really well that way, too.

Normally, as has been posted below, foundations that claim SPF protection, do not have stable broad spectrum protection but only have some minor UVB protection. This has titanium dioxide in it (not a super high percentage, but decent for a foundation) and provides stable, broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection. That's an added bonus in this product.

I never thought I'd say I love a drugstore foundation (I've gotten so used to using HE foundations and lemming only HE foundations), but I love this. This has prompted me to want to try other drugstore foundations, so L'Oreal Magic Smooth is the next one in my rotation. I like both the Maybelline Smooth Mousse and the Maybelline Matte Mousse, but this Covergirl Simply Ageless Foundation beats both Maybelline foundations for me. It also beats a lot of my high end foundations.

As for the packaging, I agree with others that it can be confusing at first. It took me a few days to get used to it and to be able to automatically open it without thinking about it. It seems like it opens upside down. Both sides seem to open upside down, if that makes sense. But it's practical enough (seals tight), and I like that the sponge is in a separate compartment.

I HIGHLY recommend this. I was also going to get this for my mother because I think she'll like it, too, and we have very similar coloring. I recently got Laura Mercier's newish Creme Smooth Foundation in Blush Ivory, but it didn't wear well on me for some reason. At first I was going to swap it, but I gave it to my mother (so glad I did), and she is LOVING it. She doesn't use a million different foundations like I do but tends to stick to one product she loves. So she wants me to hold off on buying her CG Simply Ageless for a while, but I will definitely keep using and buying it for me and pushing it on others b/c it still surprises me how much I love this foundation. I'm glad Ellen has helped raise this product's profile because it's deserving of the love -- and the use. This is one of my all-time favorite foundations, and that is saying a LOT. Try it! You may love it like I do.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hannahhhwong

I have been using this product for about a year, nearly every day, and it's almost used up.

This product is great for younger skin (i'm 27 with few wrinkles). My skin is dry in the winter, so this creme foundation is perfect. Even during the summer, when my skin is oiler, this foundation works, but stays better with setting powder.

The product goes smoothly onto my skin. The only downside is that the pad is difficult to get to (you have to flip the lid on the other side).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by bellagiancana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! I've been trying for years to find something that wouldn't accentuate how dry my skin is and on the almost hopeless hunt to get as close to my skin color as possible. I was about to go and spend $55 on Chanel Teint foundation & found this while at the drug store kind of haphazardly looking for a bargain. I decided to give it a go, not expecting much out of it to be honest.

-It goes on creamy and easily; glided across my skin
-It didnt look cakey & I'd venture to say that EVERY single foundation, whether it was powder, cream to powder, mousse foundation, etc has always looked cakey; not this one.
-It didn't feel heavy
-Coverage was awesome; redness has always been a problem for me; this covered it up quite nicely without feeling heavy
-My skin felt nice wearing it; I know some other people had 'drying' problems with it; not me..maybe because my skin is fairly dry already so the foundation felt hydrating??
-I didn't need to put a lot of it on; a little went a long way.
-It stayed on very well, even after eating

I think I've finally found a foundation I can be faithful to and it doesn't cost an arm & a leg!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation!!! I had used Bare Minerals before but I have very dry skin and so a powder foundation doesn't look right on me. This foundation is very creamy and doesn't look fake or make my face look cakey. I usually use my moisturizer, the foundation, blush and then I use a corrector powder to set the cream and it looks wonderful. I have found my HG foundation!! I do have to say though that ghetto sponge it comes with sucks. Other than that it is well worth the money and stays on all day.