April 19, 2014 | 1626 users online

Polishes - Essie - Mademoiselle

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by StakeEdward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I had the same experience with this polish that the other reviewers have had. It's a pretty color, though I need 3 coats for it to show up (2 coats and it still looks like clear polish to me). No big deal, though, since I don't have to worry too much about the manicure being perfect since this is a sheer, light color. However, as much as I like how it looks, this polish chips ridiculously easily. It has a rubbery (jelly?) consistency, and even after trying 2 different base coats and applying Seche Vite on top, it chips for me after less than a day of wearing it. This is very frustrating. Also, it will peel off in large chunks. I would not repurchase, and this is probably the last time I'll wear the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bridgettef2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Makes your nails look milky. You can see your tips through but not that much if you use 3-4 coats. Perfect for manicures if you add white for tips. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color is a classic. I used to wear it all the time when I was into pinks, especially the pastel shades.

It does streak a bit, so I always used 3 coats for smoothest coverage - I like my manicures to be opaque & Essie tends to be sheer. Essie makes a nice selection of light pinks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

I agree with other reviewers on this shade. Makes my nails look natural in a pretty way, doesn't streak, only need 2 coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Nightlilly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this bottle twice, because it's my go to for when I need a manicured nail without having to commit to a color. It's completely neutral, with the whitest pink, that you would have to layer maybe three coats to see. The picture appears a lot pinker than the polish really is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Mademoiselle86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this nail polish! Perfect for french manicure!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2011 4:40:00 AM More reviews by livingnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my favourite nail-polish. Looks gorgeously girly and sophisticated in the same time. Gives a look close to french manicure without actually being one.Not too barby-pink, not too white - just the right "good girl" colour. Applies well too - even a clumsy person like me can make her hands look decent with this polish :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite nail polish colors, I actually use the whole bottle which I have never done with any other polish. This is great for a nice, clean, fresh, polished look. Sometimes I make the color creamier by painting two coats of Mademoiselle and then one coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails in French Vanilla, it makes it look like OPI's older(and better) version of Bubble Bath :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mellaril

this is my go to polish for everyday. it's pretty and classic and isn't terribly noticeable when things start to head south. such a classic; i just love love love this polish. to me essie is the gold standard so no complaints about application or packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This leaves my nails looking natural and well groomed for 5-6 days with a double coat . On the 6 or 7th day it might get a small chip that wouldn't be noticeable to other people looking at my hands but that's when I know to redo my polish.