Essie Mademoiselle

4.4

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, propyl acetate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Tripheneyl Phosphate, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Ethyl Tosylamide, Steralkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylate Copolymer, Diacetone Alcohol, Camphor, Polyvinyl Butyral, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Benzophenone 1, Citric Acid, Dimethicone, Silica, Trimethylsiloxysilicate. May Contain: CI 47005:1 (D&C Yellow #10), CI 47000 (D&C Yellow #11), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Mica CAS 12001-26-2, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Polyethylene Terephthalate, CI 15850:1 (Red 7 Lake), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), CI 77491 (Red Iron), CI 77499 (Black Iron), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocycyanide), CI 75170 (Guanine), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 60725 (Violet 2), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 26100 (Red 17), CI 42053 (Green 3), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 45380 (D&C Red 21), CI 45410 (D&C Red 28), Polyester-3 (D&C Colorant)

on 5/10/2011 10:09:00 PM

I'm very enthusiastic about this nail polish. Yes, it's sheer. And yes it's just a hint of color. Let me say first that I'm not that good with nail polishes. Usually my every attempt ends with a hot mess on my nails. But with this one you just cannot go wrong, whatever your skills are. It applies easily, level of opacity (two coats) allows to mask some flaws in application, yet gives nails delicate sheen. Sometimes, I guess depending on light, the color looks like milky subtle pink. But more often it looks like a clear nail polish that underlines the natural beauty of nails. Exquisite!

on 5/7/2011 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect every-day natural, conservative nail polish. Perfect for those times when it calls for conservative wear. I wear this one for everything. 2 coats for a effortless clean look.

on 5/5/2011 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was really pleasantly surprised by this drug store polish!

Pros:
* A beautiful shade of delicate seashell or lingerie pink that appears "natural" on my nails but "enhanced" just enough to be noticeably pretty. It gives an effect similar to a French manicure/pedicure without all of the work.

* Paints on more smoothly and beautifully than any other drug store polish I've tried. Even someone as uncoordinated as me can turn out a lovely result.

* My nails, especially my toes, tend to chip immediately. This polish has lasted weeks even on my feet without any chips!

Cons:

* This is a very sheer light polish, which makes seeing the lovely intense color in the bottle compared with my more subtlely polished nails somewhat disappointing. I think the polish is still exceptionally pretty despite needing multiple coats to get more color, but that might piss some bold color-loving people off.

* This stuff is pricey!

Cons

on 5/5/2011 9:37:00 PM

Amazing nail colour!! I was so suprised at how well it looked on my nails. My nail technician suggested this colour to me because the nail grow outs and polish chipping wouldn't be that obvious. I was skeptical at first, but during my 2 week vacation, her words rang true. I barely noticed the chips and grow outs. An amazing colour~

on 5/2/2011 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've got one word for this polish: WOW.

I'm NC10-15, and this is positively the best "natural" nail shade I have ever used (and I'm a polish hoor! LOL). I wish I had bought this polish sooner! It would've saved me a lot of money.
I've tried Ballet Slippers and Vanity Fair and Limoscene and Sugar Daddy...the list goes on (and this is just Essie polishes in the sheer pink/natural category). This applies the best, is self-leveling and after 3 coats I get the opaqueness I crave. It tops well with every topcoat I've tried--no shrinkage.
My mother, who hates polish on, even loves this. I had to buy her her own bottle.

on 5/2/2011 9:24:00 AM

Don't look further if you want natural, shiny looking nails. Perfection.

on 5/1/2011 6:01:00 PM

This is a perfect "your nails but better" polish. It's natural and pretty.

on 4/20/2011 3:45:00 PM

i haven't worn this in awhile, so i applied some lst night- it looks so nice, perfect for everyday. it gives my nails a nice, natural, finished look. definitely a staple!!

on 4/14/2011 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I really enjoy wearing this when I have to go to court or need to look professional. I think it makes my nails look super clean and sophisticated. I usually prefer fun, trendy colors but this is a classic that everyone must have. For the longest time I didn't want to get it because it looked so plain - but it works! I use 3 coats and Essie's Top Coat. This did not chip at all (I had it on for 4 days before I got bored and changed colors). Get it!

on 4/3/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond in search of the popular "Ballet Slippers" because I needed a neutral color for an upcoming interview. It was sold out of course, so I browsed the other neutral light pink shades. My boyfriend actually helped me choose this out of 3 others I was considering! I love this color! I usually wear more vivid colors but this one is just growing on me! I've gotten quite a few compliments on it. It goes with everything and makes a great clean, polished look. I put on 3 coats and then a top coat of Orly Sec N Dry and it lasted all week with no chips! The only reason I had to take it off was to repaint my fast growing nails! Will definitely buy again if I ever run out!

Popular Polishes