April 20, 2014 | 1412 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hourglass - Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by jalyne8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Excellent product! Perfect for a shine free face all day plus sunscreen! This trully keeps your makeup looking fresh all day. Absolutely no fading.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2013 8:19:00 AM More reviews by graceyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this primer. I think i noticed a decrease
In the oilyness of my skin, and it didnt break me out. But THE WHITE CAST!! My already pale Skin looked so white and pasty. Dont buy unless you can tolerate looking like a ghost

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by ButrflyGrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

$60 for anything is a lot of dough but I thought I would give this a try because it has great reviews AND I had my fingers crossed that my sensitive-skin-that's-allergic-to-everything-but-air skin would tolerate it because it's...minerals. Wrong. This product does make my makeup go on flawlessly and stay put fr a few hours BUT, the three times I've used it, I've had a breakout. Coincidence? I think not. I also noticed my face seemed to be a little bit oiler. I wanted to love this but unfortunately, my skin did not.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

This did nothing. My makeup looked cakey and bad as usual. Just a bunch of overpriced chemicals.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by asiavercetti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin. I've tried many face primers including: Smashbox, Too Faced primed & poreless, Make up Forever, and a few others. Those were okay, but this primer is the best of the best! It kept my skin looking fresh all day (mind you, I work in a restaurant so I'm constantly running around), neutralized my acne scars, and made my foundation go on smoothly. It is also formulated without sulfates, parabens, and synthetic fragrances. But what I liked the MOST about this primer is the consistency. Unlike all the other primers I tried which were gel or cream, this is a liquid. It makes it quicker to apply and spread around your face. The only con may be the price. It comes in a 0.33 oz size for $18 and a 1 oz size for $52. I recommend you try the smallest size first like I did. I've used it for a month and it's still plenty left!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by xmegannn

Best primer I've used so far! This feels soooo good on my skin. It feels like rubbing velvet onto my skin. It makes it so soft and helps my makeup stay matte all day. And my skin is extremely oily. I also love that it comes with SPF!

This is a little pricey ($52 for 1oz) but I say it's worth it. It works and is amazing. A little goes a long way, I usually only need a pump to cover my entire face. I have really acne-prone skin and I'm not sure if this product or my foundation is giving me small breakouts. Not any serious acne but some bumps on my chin and around my nose.

Overall, I would purchase this item again because I think it's the best primer on the market and it works!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Lisa1000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this primer based on Paula Begoun's review. There are a lot of things to like about it (e.g., the ingredients, the SPF, the packaging), but I have to give it a low rating because I cannot wear it without looking like a raisin by the end of the day. I've never had a product dry my skin out to such an extent. I've tried wearing it over different moisturizers and I can get it to work in the summer, but now that it's winter and the air is dryer it just sucks the moisture out of my face. I'd definitely recommend trying this in a sample size before you buy it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried a bunch of primers and they all did not perform well or made me break out. I tried Too Faced Primed and Poreless oil free, Bare Minerals, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay, Estee Lauder, Murad, and finally asked the MA at sephora for suggestions. She suggested the Hourglass and I love it!!!

The container is sanitary and has a pump dispenser which i love for sanitary reasons but hate because i feel like when the product gets low a lot is wasted.

Application is a dream it goes on smoothly and makes my skin look amazing, poreless, and takes care of fine lines (almost good enough to skip foundation)!

Long lasting - goes for about 12 hours before i start to see any issues.

Foundation and / or concealer applies easily over the primer.

Wonderful product! Can't say enough about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this primer a lot and have been using it and loving it. I'm reading reviews of people saying they look like a grease slick or the foundation melted off. I think that is because your supposed to use like products with like products I was watching youtube and Gossmakeupartist(he's wonderful) says that you should look at the first 5 ingredients of your primer and foundation and moisturizers so that they "match" so your makeup doesn't do that.

I don't think it's the primers fault at all more what is used beforehand and a foundation that doesn't match with this formula. This is just my opinion but since following that advice with my BB Cream life has been much easier for me. So this primer does as others have said what I love the most is no dry patches as a RA user I still have some dryness and this is amazing at hiding my dry patches. My BB stays on till I take it off no joke and I use blush and bronzer if I'm looking dead that day and this stuff holds it and it looks fresh for a very long time. I would say 8 hours is great but this can go even longer if you set your makeup and do a touch up as needed. It's expensive but worth it to me because my makeup stays matte which I love,skin is soft,pores are gone and redness is reduced or at least my skin looks more even.

Is this an HG primer for me I'm not sure yet I have to keep using it I seem to reach for another a lot as well so I have to work that out but I wanted to say how well this product works for my skin. Love it and if you follow the advice at the top your makeup shouldn't or hopefully won't run off your face as much.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by taolyang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was late to jump onto this Hourglass Primer that is constantly being raved left and right. So when I finally got my VIB $20 off, I was going to buy the full size but my sister suggest I try the small version first and thank god she did.

This is by the far the worst primer I have ever used. In less than 4 hours I've never seen my face so oily that you can literally collect oil droppings! My foundation by itself last about 5 hours but fades in a way that doesn't look too bad and not like the tray underneather a Foreman Grill. I'm so disappointed!

I can't say don't buy this because everyone's skin is different but I'm certainly not buying this again.