April 19, 2014 | 1281 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hannahlovesmakeup

I bought this eyeliner after a friend reccomended it to me a while ago. I got the black, and I find that it applies VERY smoothly, and creates a nice, neat, line. I do find that it smudges A LOT though, even if I use a primer. I like to use it for my waterline, and that's pretty much the only thing I use it for. It's very pigmented, and I love it a lot, my only problem is with extreme smudging. Unsure if I will purchase again :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by haylielove12

Okay, yes. It smudges. But if you find a pencil eyeliner that doesnt EVER smudge, you come and tell me. Honestly, this did smudge alike many other eyeliners. I put primer on, and that made it a whole lot better. I think people overlook the fact that they sweat and rub, and the eyeliner isnt industrial, it will smudge. This is such a nice black color (ebony black) and it's creamy and smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Noobette

Same as with most of the other reviews here... this was a serious disappointment. I have this in Ebony black and have used it once. The color is bold and is great if you want your eyes to pop but the downside is the smudging. It falls down your cheek like loose powder within an hour and makes you look as if you haven't slept in days. I don't use a primer but I think even a primer couldn't save this product. Will definitely be tossing mine in the trash...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by aikelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in LOVE with this eyeliner...
I have tried every eyeliner under the sun... MAC, Bobbi Brown, Nars... but this HAS to be the best one yet! i always thought that the saying "you get what you pay for" is what i should go by when buying cosmetic products, but that's not true. This eyeliner goes for about 7.50, and it's worth it! This eyeliner glides on super smooth, and although it smudges a tiny bit, if you just set it with some primer first, it works perfectly fine! i usually get the gray, because the black is a little harsh for me, but i really do love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by bakkylgum

I like the application of the eyeliner, it comes out very smoothly and i like pencil. However, after a while, I find the eyeliner smudged at the front corner of my eye...I like it though

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Krenee091

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this used to be the only eyeliner i bought ... until i shopped around and found a few others that worked ALOT better ... now i relize its just ok but the color goes on dark and smoothly ... but after a few hours it runs so i give it an ok not the best though

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by ipickstrawberries

This has been my go-to eyeliner for about a year now, and I always liked it because it was easy to apply under my eye. I recently purchased Cover Girl Liquiline in black and what a difference! I don't even care about the $3 price difference because it stays on longer and does not smudge like Define-A-Line. I always thought it smudged because of the way my eyes were shaped, but oh no! I am officially broken up with this eyeliner.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by lkbass1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the only eyeliners I buy. I like the rich color, and it glides on easy! However, something I didn't think about until after I read other reviews was how it does run and smudge alot. I will keep getting it until someone recommends something better!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by cnabbey88

I have this product in ebony black. It came with the define-a-line mascara. Overall this is not a bad mechanical pencil eyeliner. I agree with the reviews below about the smudging. Which can be good for a smokey look. I have monolid with a slight fold right above my lashline so I experience more smudging with eyeliners. If you want a precise clean line you can get that but you would definitely would need to set with a black eyeshadow. I did that and I don't find that it smudges. I also used this to tightline my upper waterline and it seemed to go on well enough. I like that this is a pigmented black but its not waterproof so I can still take it off. I would recommend but only if you are willing to go the extra step and top it with black eyeshadow to keep it from smudging. :)

New impressions: Today, I put this on and topped it with black shadow and I used pressed powder on my lower lash line and around the eyeliner itself to precent any smearing or racoon eye effects. (PS didn't put any eyeliner on my lower lashline). It is seriosuly all over the place. I don't consider my eyelids to be particularly oily either. I like it but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate at all. I like that it doesn't tug on my eye at all when applying it but as a result it smears everywhere. I may try one more time using a primer and see how that goes. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by angel2101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very disappointed with this product. Within an hour of applying it had smeared all around my eyes.