September 17, 2014 | 1958 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Define-A-Line Eyeliner in Ebony Black

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2010 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Alaisify

This has really smooth application, but that's about as much as I can say about its pros. I used to use it on my lower lashline and I loved the effect, but it literally only lasted about an hour before disappearing completely. On my lashline, it smudged horribly and showed me first hand what racoon eyes look like. My friend said the same thing. Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by burberryrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Some major points...
I love the packaging of this. Anything green makes me happy! :)
The smudge eraser on the end is a nice touch, but I don't usually use this kind of eyeliner when I wear it on my upper and lower lash lines, for which I might require a smudge eraser (I wear a smokey eye for dance performances). I prefer liquid when I do that style.
On a day to day basis I like to softly line my upper water line ONLY--I love a natural look--and this does a pretty darn good job. Compared to my Prestige waterproof eyeliner, this goes on much more smoothly (and with much more color!) and doesn't flake into my eyes (which I hate!). It smudges a little bit, especially if you clear your eyes of "goop" frequently, but it's not very bad smudging at all. Of course, like other eyeliners used on waterlines, it doesn't last very long at all, so I just touch up at break.
The drugstore by my house doesn't carry very many eyeliners, so I'm pretty much stuck with this one, but it works fine.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by KaraStarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

bought this eyeliner in brown-black, as a last resort, as my mom demanded i buy a color other than black (yeah, right). i was impressed with the creamy texture of this liner, others i have used can be rough. its a very nice color, not to brown, which was what i was afraid of. it did wear off, but not as much as other liners, although all liners do wear off a little. i didn't find that it smudged, it just wore off. a decent product overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Weee1120

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with other reviewers, and wished I had come here before buying it. Yes, it does go on nicely... but, yes, it smudges a TON. For some reason it smudged a lot more under my left eye than my right, so maybe you just have to be really particular about how you apply it. I'll be looking for something else next time. I found Line Stylist to be a decent alternative.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by hannahlovesmakeup

I bought this eyeliner after a friend reccomended it to me a while ago. I got the black, and I find that it applies VERY smoothly, and creates a nice, neat, line. I do find that it smudges A LOT though, even if I use a primer. I like to use it for my waterline, and that's pretty much the only thing I use it for. It's very pigmented, and I love it a lot, my only problem is with extreme smudging. Unsure if I will purchase again :/

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by haylielove12

Okay, yes. It smudges. But if you find a pencil eyeliner that doesnt EVER smudge, you come and tell me. Honestly, this did smudge alike many other eyeliners. I put primer on, and that made it a whole lot better. I think people overlook the fact that they sweat and rub, and the eyeliner isnt industrial, it will smudge. This is such a nice black color (ebony black) and it's creamy and smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Noobette

Same as with most of the other reviews here... this was a serious disappointment. I have this in Ebony black and have used it once. The color is bold and is great if you want your eyes to pop but the downside is the smudging. It falls down your cheek like loose powder within an hour and makes you look as if you haven't slept in days. I don't use a primer but I think even a primer couldn't save this product. Will definitely be tossing mine in the trash...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 3:36:00 PM More reviews by aikelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am in LOVE with this eyeliner...
I have tried every eyeliner under the sun... MAC, Bobbi Brown, Nars... but this HAS to be the best one yet! i always thought that the saying "you get what you pay for" is what i should go by when buying cosmetic products, but that's not true. This eyeliner goes for about 7.50, and it's worth it! This eyeliner glides on super smooth, and although it smudges a tiny bit, if you just set it with some primer first, it works perfectly fine! i usually get the gray, because the black is a little harsh for me, but i really do love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by bakkylgum

I like the application of the eyeliner, it comes out very smoothly and i like pencil. However, after a while, I find the eyeliner smudged at the front corner of my eye...I like it though

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Krenee091

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this used to be the only eyeliner i bought ... until i shopped around and found a few others that worked ALOT better ... now i relize its just ok but the color goes on dark and smoothly ... but after a few hours it runs so i give it an ok not the best though