Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love this foundation.
Love the pump+glass packaging. Love the coverage.
This is one of the few silicone-free liquid foundations I have found through extensive googling. I used to use MUFE F&B in 20 but the coverage wasn't that great and the color didn't match my skin. I'm a NC20 but I have really pale olive-like skin with cool undertones? IDK how to figure out my skintone + undertone so just ignore that. MUFE's 20 was too neutral for my skin. But LM's Oil-Free Foundation in Warm Ivory is the absolute. perfect. shade. ever. It fits my skin to a T.
Coverage is good. I usually apply this with a damp sponge and I get a gorgeous satiny finish while getting any light blemishes and scars covered.
Would definitely buy this again if I wasn't trying to wean myself off foundation.

on 10/3/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I RIS and everything about this is perfect except the color is a little off. It's too light/red undertone for my skin. It's in Golden Beige...and I'm NC40. But if I put a bronzer on top of it...it's perfect..go figure. The coverage is amazing. I'm a dewy/satin kind of gal, but this is more of a matte finish and I really like it. You have to move quick with application though because it adhere's to your skin fast. I just apply my moisturizer anyhow and use my 187 stippling brush and it comes out great! As far as coverage, it covers my hyperpigmentation and evens my skintone. I just think I need a slightly darker color for it to be HG status :)

on 9/20/2010 3:39:00 PM

For reference, I have combination-dry skin, NC 20-25, fair skin with yellow undertones.

Like a couple of the other reviewers, I'm on the fence about this foundation. I'm torn. I was definitely impressed when I first tried the foundation because I bought it. I was matched to Sunny Beige. I'm unsure about the staying power of this liquid foundation. Of the times I've worn it, I have found that in about 4 hours, the foundation starts to disperse mainly on my nose and a little just on both sides of my nose. Everywhere else, coverage stays put.

I always use the LM Oil-Free Foundation Primer under all my liquid foundations and I always have to set my foundation with LM Translucent Loose Powder.

I would say that this is definitely a good quality foundation. It looks and feel very natural, it's got a good medium coverage, it's very blendable, and it's very buildable. I'm not sure if this formulation is for me. Maybe the formula plus the chemistry of my skin put together is a no-go. I would definitely recommend this foundation to others, but as I know the formula hasn't quite worked out for me, I probably wouldn't be repurchasing this liquid foundation again in the future.

on 9/18/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i'm a sunny beige in this product and i absolutely love it!
it has great coverage and has a nice dewy finish when applied with the laura mercier primer.
however as it doesn't have spf it's better suited as night foundation

update:
i realise that whenever i apply this my forehead looks a little gray so i have to use another foundation for my forehead!

on 9/10/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The foundation is good enough, but I have come to realize not the right formulation for my generally dry skin.

Nevertheless, for good near-matte medium coverage, this foundation in Warm Ivory does fine for me. I use this as a nighttime foundation when I'm going out, but will probably have to opt for something more hydrating in the winter months.

on 9/4/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm sort of on the fence about this foundation.. I use this in warm ivory. When I first got it, I was both impressed with the awesome coverage and how great it made my skin look, and sort of taken aback and how heavy and dry it felt. But throughout my work day this stuff didn't budge at all, and never settled into my laugh lines. I looked great by the end of the day, despite the fact that my face felt pretty gross. When I washed it off my face felt good, too. I used it for the next few days and felt really confident that my skin looked good and the people around me definitely noticed too. But then I finally came upon the defining flaw of this product. It's such good coverage and so long wearing that it's almost impossible to touch up. You cannot touch this stuff at all during the day if you want it to look good. I tend to check myself in the mirror in the bathroom during the day and sort of rub in places that have gotten cakey looking or wipe away any stuff caked in lines, but when I tried to do that with this stuff it just globbed together and became a patch.. Which looked really bad. If you have dry skin or peeling because of acne treatments like Retin A, stay away from this foundation because it will be impossible to fix up without washing off and applying again (I learned this the hard way). But despite all this, I still love the finish, coverage, and staying power of this foundation. As long as my skin is looking good and I don't have much reason to touch up, it looks amazing all day. So now that I have it I'm not going to return it, but I don't know if I'd repurchase.

on 8/29/2010 11:57:00 PM

This is great liquid foundation !
great great coverage! LOVE

on 8/25/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Background information: I wore this in Warm Ivory and I about approximately a NC20-25. I am on the fence about this foundation. It has its good points and its bad.

Pros:
-matches my yellow-undertone skin well
-looks great when applied with Sigma Flat Kabuki brush, looks natural
-covers my acne scars and hyper pigmentation well

Cons:
-sometimes can look cakey when not applied right
-very poor lasting power
-settles into lines and pores less than 3 hours after application.
-a bit pricey

Summary: looks good after initial application but wears off quickly =( Would not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I do like this for a liquid foundation. It gives good coverage, a nice finish, and wears pretty well. I usually like a more "yellow" undertone, but I wear this in Blush Ivory, which is more of a neutral undertone, the yellow undertone Warm Ivory was too orangy for my skin. I do wear my Laura Mercier Foundation Powder, Powder Foundation over this as a setting powder and it looks great! I don't know if I would like this foundation as much without the Powder Foundation on top (thats why I gave it 4 lippies). But the combination of the 2 are great, I highly recommend it!

on 8/5/2010 11:54:00 PM

This is a good foundation, but just not right for my skin type. It would wear beautifully on someone with oily or oily combination skin; I have just normal combination skin so it was a little dry on me.
It has beautiful coverage but looks light and natural on. it stays in place all day, even without a setting powder. there are lots of colors to choose from and warm ivory matched me perfectly. I think this would be the perfect foundation for a teen with oily skin looking for something that looks natural and stays on all day! for my skin, I prefer Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizers and Bobbi Brown's natural finish foundation.