Laura Mercier Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Squalane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sorbitan Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Oleic Acid, Methylparaben, Lecithin, Propylparaben, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Trisodium EDTA, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica (Cl 77019), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007). 6/1/09

on 10/28/2010 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this is my favorite foundation. im on my 3rd bottle of vanilla beige, and i will never seek another brand of foundation again. the color matches me perfectly. everyone comments how natural and even it looks. another great thing is that, i can use this daily and it doesn't cause any break outs. on lighter make-up days, i used LM's oil free tinted moisturizer in nude. same great results, just lighter coverage.

on 10/21/2010 12:29:00 AM

I bought this foudation because I love the tinted moisturizer. I've been using revlon colorstay and really like it but decided to try some higher end foundation so instead of sampling this product I bought it for 42.00 not even including tax. I put it on at night to go out to the movies and thought it looked good, not great buy good however the next day I wore it to work and toward the end of the day someone commented that for some reason that day my face looked kind of gray and then my niece added later on in that same day that my face looked kind of dirty. My semi smile turned into a sad frown. I immediately went back to Sephora to get samples of maybe a few lighter tones of the foundation but a sales woman told me that the LM oil free foundTion consist of some sort of dioxide that would darken your skin and that many darker toned ethnic women had complain that it made them look gray. I then will not use this product anymore... I gave it a 3 bc of the packaging, I really like how easy it is to use with the pump head but again another foundation fail in my book.

on 10/18/2010 3:54:00 PM

I LOVE how this foundation looks......in my bedroom. It looks amazing! When I put it on in the morning it looks flawless in my bedroom lighting but the minute I step outside and look in the mirror it looks horrible:( I don't use much of this product. Only a half a pump and I blend it very well with my 187. I apply a tiny amount of creme blush to the apples of my cheeks before I put my powder on. Then I set my face (well actually my t-zone only) with my MSFN with my SS187 Kabuki. After I apply my Laguna bronzer with a SS150 and then I occasionally set my face with the LM setting powder. It may seem like I use a alot of products (which I do) but I can assure you that i use the minimal amount that I can because I'm not a big fan of a cakey/heavy/unnatural looking face. Hopefully I can find my HG foundation.....soon.

on 10/13/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love this foundation.
Love the pump+glass packaging. Love the coverage.
This is one of the few silicone-free liquid foundations I have found through extensive googling. I used to use MUFE F&B in 20 but the coverage wasn't that great and the color didn't match my skin. I'm a NC20 but I have really pale olive-like skin with cool undertones? IDK how to figure out my skintone + undertone so just ignore that. MUFE's 20 was too neutral for my skin. But LM's Oil-Free Foundation in Warm Ivory is the absolute. perfect. shade. ever. It fits my skin to a T.
Coverage is good. I usually apply this with a damp sponge and I get a gorgeous satiny finish while getting any light blemishes and scars covered.
Would definitely buy this again if I wasn't trying to wean myself off foundation.

on 10/3/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I RIS and everything about this is perfect except the color is a little off. It's too light/red undertone for my skin. It's in Golden Beige...and I'm NC40. But if I put a bronzer on top of it...it's perfect..go figure. The coverage is amazing. I'm a dewy/satin kind of gal, but this is more of a matte finish and I really like it. You have to move quick with application though because it adhere's to your skin fast. I just apply my moisturizer anyhow and use my 187 stippling brush and it comes out great! As far as coverage, it covers my hyperpigmentation and evens my skintone. I just think I need a slightly darker color for it to be HG status :)

on 9/20/2010 3:39:00 PM

For reference, I have combination-dry skin, NC 20-25, fair skin with yellow undertones.

Like a couple of the other reviewers, I'm on the fence about this foundation. I'm torn. I was definitely impressed when I first tried the foundation because I bought it. I was matched to Sunny Beige. I'm unsure about the staying power of this liquid foundation. Of the times I've worn it, I have found that in about 4 hours, the foundation starts to disperse mainly on my nose and a little just on both sides of my nose. Everywhere else, coverage stays put.

I always use the LM Oil-Free Foundation Primer under all my liquid foundations and I always have to set my foundation with LM Translucent Loose Powder.

I would say that this is definitely a good quality foundation. It looks and feel very natural, it's got a good medium coverage, it's very blendable, and it's very buildable. I'm not sure if this formulation is for me. Maybe the formula plus the chemistry of my skin put together is a no-go. I would definitely recommend this foundation to others, but as I know the formula hasn't quite worked out for me, I probably wouldn't be repurchasing this liquid foundation again in the future.

on 9/18/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

i'm a sunny beige in this product and i absolutely love it!
it has great coverage and has a nice dewy finish when applied with the laura mercier primer.
however as it doesn't have spf it's better suited as night foundation

update:
i realise that whenever i apply this my forehead looks a little gray so i have to use another foundation for my forehead!

on 9/10/2010 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The foundation is good enough, but I have come to realize not the right formulation for my generally dry skin.

Nevertheless, for good near-matte medium coverage, this foundation in Warm Ivory does fine for me. I use this as a nighttime foundation when I'm going out, but will probably have to opt for something more hydrating in the winter months.

on 9/4/2010 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm sort of on the fence about this foundation.. I use this in warm ivory. When I first got it, I was both impressed with the awesome coverage and how great it made my skin look, and sort of taken aback and how heavy and dry it felt. But throughout my work day this stuff didn't budge at all, and never settled into my laugh lines. I looked great by the end of the day, despite the fact that my face felt pretty gross. When I washed it off my face felt good, too. I used it for the next few days and felt really confident that my skin looked good and the people around me definitely noticed too. But then I finally came upon the defining flaw of this product. It's such good coverage and so long wearing that it's almost impossible to touch up. You cannot touch this stuff at all during the day if you want it to look good. I tend to check myself in the mirror in the bathroom during the day and sort of rub in places that have gotten cakey looking or wipe away any stuff caked in lines, but when I tried to do that with this stuff it just globbed together and became a patch.. Which looked really bad. If you have dry skin or peeling because of acne treatments like Retin A, stay away from this foundation because it will be impossible to fix up without washing off and applying again (I learned this the hard way). But despite all this, I still love the finish, coverage, and staying power of this foundation. As long as my skin is looking good and I don't have much reason to touch up, it looks amazing all day. So now that I have it I'm not going to return it, but I don't know if I'd repurchase.

on 8/29/2010 11:57:00 PM

This is great liquid foundation !
great great coverage! LOVE