October 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by jackie2781

I love this primer! I tried both the Smashbox and this one, and have to say that this is better for my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin, with some redness and uneven tones. This primer is great, because it adds moisture that I need, while it really smooths the face for foundation. I got it in green, and I will admit that it alone does NOT get rid of the redness, but I believe it helps the foundation - my skin looks even and very little redness peeks through. I dont recommend it if you have very oily skin, because it may add that much more moisture. But great for normal to dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For dry,combination, or normal skin I love this product. It works fantastically for photography. I got a sample of this with my Sephora Beauty Insider bonus, used it up and went back for more. I noticed a big difference in my photography work when i didn't use this. It was definitely one of those products you don't know you need until you try it.

I have acne-prone, sensitive, combination skin and did not have any acne problems with this but I also don't wear it everyday. It isn't weightless like my Bodyology primer so wearing it everyday seems like that would get a bit uncomfortable unless you have dry skin. The people who are going to love this product are Makeup artists, anyone with dry skin, anyone with combo skin and larger pores, and anyone who is getting their pictures taken. I can't recommend this for really oily skin because I noticed by the end of the day it does seem to shine up a bit.
This primer adds a "glow" to the skin so it's particularly kind to aging or damaged skin. This same glow would turn off someone with very oily skin. For oily skin i'd say go for the MAC prep n prime or a good oil control lotion as a primer like Merle Norman Shine Control lotion, Makeup forever primer is NOT oily skin friendly.

With that said I believe my professional kit has found a new primer. I used this on my last photoshoot and despite the fact that the model had some skin texture issues, the primer made the foundation (max factor colour adapt) glide on flawlessly and kept that texture from showing through on camera. The photographer loved it and said she didn't have to photoshop the models skin at all with use of this primer. Definitely one of my new favorite kit products.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by lucy1984

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a generous sample of the mufe hd sample from sephora. at first, i was hesistant to use it. most of the primers that i have used have caused breakouts, from revlon to mac. the only primer that has worked for me has been smashbox's photo finish primer.

since i was getting the hd foundation, i wanted to try out a sample of the primer. i didnt want to get the full size because i am testing out primers to see which one works better for my skin.

the primer feels cool on my skin. it doesnt feel sticky or greasy like most primers. it does have a watery-consistency. but it dries up quickly. leaves my skin smooth and soft to the touch. once it dries, i apply foundation. the foundation applies smoothly and it doesnt cake up.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by stephyya

I have sensitive skin so my face sometimes gets really red outside. I got this in #1 green which is designed for redness and acnes, I would say that it correct the redness a lilttle, not much because it is really light and no coverage at all. But since it's tinted , I have to use make up remover or remover oil to remove it and this is not good for everyday look. But for some special occasion I would recommend this because it's professional and really help the foundation to stay longer. But it's a little expensive and doesn't have SPF so i can find something else with spf instead so i probably will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

At first I thought why should I get this when I already use the HD foundation, but this is a great product to help even out skintone w/o using so much foundation! It helps balance the red on my cheeks (i use the yellow one) and works great! No grease or oily feeling and my skin doesn't have that shine to it! you really only need a little bit of this stuff, so price was pretty decent considering the fact that i just use one full pump! this will last my forever!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've gotten a deluxe sample of this from Sephora around 3 times now. Out of all the primers I've tried.. this one is my favorite for some reason. I think all primers are useless in my honest opinion. I have never noticed any difference in the way my makeup looks or lasts with any primer. Primer or moisturizer is the same thing to me.. so i'd rather use an inexpensive moisturizer. MUFE HD primer has a really nice consistency.. almost like the pearly liquid hand soap. Its very slippery and will leave your skin nice and dewy and a perfect canvas for your makeup. Nothing really that a reg. moisturizer won't do.. but I definately like the way it feels on my skin. I'm not sure if I'd actually purchase the full size.. maybe some point on impulse it will happen. I think if you like Laura Gellar's Spackle or Bare Minerals skin rev-ver upper, you'll like this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by tinaaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. It's ok. I am not in love since I haven't seen a dramatic change. It's expensive that's why I use it only for special occasions. I am not sure if I will buy it again because I also like sephora's smoothing and mattifying primer. It feels sooo soft. I like this HD primer a lot not that excited.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a few months now along with the yellow one. It has a very smooth silky texture. It helps control oil a little. It does kind of help foundation last longer. After using this, I decided to try my mac prep and prime over and noticed that my makeup looked much smoother with mac prep and prime. I purchased the yellow one to help make my skin tone look more even and it didnt really make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by obsessed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product a lot. I'm not in love, but it's definitely worth a try! I got this in February 09. I still havent finished the bottle because I actually don't use it as often. I only use it on special days. It's pricey, but I think you just have to pay couple of more dollars for a fine product. I actually think it's a decent price for the amount that's provided. I definitely want to try other primers!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by maciloveyou

first i liked this product dont know why! maybe for its popularity!, any way bought it before one month and til now dont like it .. it did nothing so i will not think about it AGAIN ,,,, :(