April 18, 2014 | 946 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - Parure Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 6:19:00 AM More reviews by ALBIK

the best foundation ever nothing more to say

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 1:42:00 AM More reviews by nalyn11781

One of the best foundation out there! I used to use a foundation from Armani to Bobbi Brown. I could say I tried almost every brand on the market but I never fell in love to any foundation like this one. It's moisture my skin and it's so easily to blend, never leave any powder creek or came off a few hours after applied. I use it together with L'OR primer and it does it jobs!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by airedale3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised that this is supposed to be full coverage. I find it to be less coverage than the Parure Aqua. It is much more fluid than the Aqua. I am not sure if I would get this again, I don't think so right now. It just does not cover well for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have tried in terms of texture, coverage, blendability and staying power. It's consistency is quite watery, yet the coverage is good so you only need a small amount for the whole face. It spreads very well and blends beautifully. It leaves you with a very natural satin finish. I bought the 031, the lightest shade available in this line and was very difficult to find. It's almost a perfect match, I wish it was just a bit less yellow and a bit darker. The 2nd lightest is 01 and is quite pink, which doesn't work for me. I'm very pleased with this foundation and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by rbyars1

UPDATE 6-19-09- This oxidizes pretty bad. Shoulda known the SA wouldn't be honest when I asked her. Beige Clair seemed to be a good match but by the end of the day my face was slick and two shades darker than my neck.I gave it a chance, really did..yikes

Oh..my...gosh, could it be true? Did I actually find a new HG after being solely dedicated to my beloved, but now discontinued EL Minutestick? YES, because this stuff is glorious and has totally converted my jaded attitude about liquid foundations (which I hated in the past, to gloopy and heavy and never liked em). Plus, the SA at Guerlain was sooo nice and very helpful. She sat me right down to assist me with color matching and answered all my annoying questions like "does this oxidize?" and "Can I see the ingredients?". Color selection seems limited for us light skinned gals so I felt pretty lucky to have found a match in the very first try with #2(beige clair). Pale girlies will have trouble with this line. The consistency is not too thick and blends very nicely with my MAC 188. Covers blemishes and pores without suffocating the skin and has great staying power, I definately do not get that heavy, cakey feeling that I remember so well from liquids in the past which is what turned me off to begin with (It's literally been 5-6yrs since I wore a liquid foundation). Only need half of a pump to get total coverage so the bottle should last a long time. I think I am now a Guerlain convert...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by alliwilt

LOVE this foundation. Although very fluid it has brilliant coverage (medium but buildable) and lasts a good 16 hour day (work and straight out afterwards). Depending on the season I am either a 2 or 3 and sometimes blend both to warm my complexion slightly (NC20). I apply either with the beauty blender, fingers or a brush and all give a really lovely natural but perfect skin finish. Packaging is glam and expensive looking (expensive in reality also). Definitely prefer this to my other main use foundations (MUF HD or Studiosculpt/Studio Finish).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 10:10:00 AM More reviews by mcp1027

ok, so this foundation is unbelievably amazing,,, i tried buying this actually just for the sake of having an expensive foundation aside from chanel, but i ended up in love with its quality,,,, this foundation does wonders, it doesnt look cakey no matter how much you put... it basically covers everything like studio fix fluid by mac but without the cakiness and heavy feel. it covers pores and makes ur skin tone really even... i think chanel ang guerlain does the best foundations around... and also to women and men out there,,, choice of foundation is actually dependent on each and everyone's skin type....so there's no best and worst foundation around since we can have our own HG foundation after all..we just have to find the one that works best with our skin =p

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bren81

After reading the reviews here, I decided to give this foundation a try because my beloved la mer liquid is being discontinued and I was getting bored with the CdP cream foundation I was using (nothing wrong with CdP, it's a beautiful foundation and with their new packaging, I might just go back to that one. The only thing I hated about the foundation was the old jar packaging). First of all, I had difficulty getting the right color match. Almost all of the shades were too dark on my skin or too rosy. I ended up getting the #3 shade which was still too dark but with the summer coming up, I was hoping the makeup wouldn't look too obvious.
The foundation goes on a bit less smooth than my CdP or la mer foundation but it's still good. It blends okay but you have to work fast otherwise you will get streaks of dry foundation (especially if you can't get the right color match). The finish is a bit on the powdery side but not drying. It actually sits very compfortably and lasts all day. I also noticed that when I blot with my oil absorbing sheets, there's less oil. It also gives you very good coverage but it will definitely give you the "made-up" look so if you are looking for almost not there natural looking make up, this might not be for you. If they would offer more color selection for fair complexion people, I might repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by smiley07

This is what Guerlain has to say - Luminous Extreme Wear Foundation Water-Resistant - Non Transferable SPF25 .
Guaranteed to hold eight hours for a natural radiance under any circumstances. This new generation foundation leaves the complexion mat and natural. Thanks to the virtues of Tibetan Rhodiola plant, Parure Extreme helps cells to withstand temperature variations, intense heat and stress.
Below are some pros + cons about this product

PROS - the packaging. it comes with a pump so it's hygienic. with it's gold bottle, you'd feel "rich and glamorous" each time you'd reach for it. (well, at least for me...haha)
* it's light and yet, it gives medium to heavy coverage. i don't use concealer when i use this. i just apply a bit more on my problem areas. a little goes a long way. a pump can cover the whole face so this will really last a loooong time
* it gives a matte, even, glowing look.
* i didn't get any allergies after using this my skin can breakout very easily!
* with its runny consistency, it's so easy to apply
* keeps my oilies at bay since i also use spf 50 underneath it's understandable if i get oily after a few hours. but what i really love about this foundation is that i look dewy and radiant and not as if i slapped my face with oil.i lightly use mac mineralize compact in medium /deep to finish and spray rose and glycerin very lightly at end.

CONS - the smell. it's a bit fragrant but it goes away after some time
the price?
* their color selection. the shade i bought is no 4 Beige Moyen which is closest shade to my skintone - i am NC42 shade naturel in chanel estee lauder shade pebble in w nude in maybelline it would have been fab if it had more yellow undertones in it however because of the quality of the foundation im still pleased with it ther other only closest shades in this foundation are no 23 or 24 but they are quite orange so i wouldnt reccommend this is nearest u will get if u are around nc35 to nc44.
Overall - I use this with mac 187 brush but i have found that it also goes on gr8 with ruby millie foundation brush however nothing blends foundation as perfect as 187 brush. ONLY ONE PUMP IS ENOUGH for the whole face i often add a pump of no7 highlighter or high beam and mix to foundation and then apply specially on days where i prefer more glamarous evening coverage when i want it to look polished and flawless with a slight healthy luminous look. It is an amazing quality foundation with high spf even though i use spf 50 underneath easy to apply and can very easily be over applied thats why a little goes a long way best thing my skin has not broke out just make sure u get the right shade - the shades could have been better with more yellow undertones but im still very pleased.
Overall it does everything it says longwearing and matt yet luminous somehow so gr8!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Just to add i have a busy lifestyle so am out and about early till late 5 6 ish and this lasts and looks better than all other foundations i have tried!!!

UPDATE ....Have been using this foundation for approx 2 months now i would like t o say that is the longest ever i have stuck to one foundation i havent still broke out in fact my skin looks and feels fine when i remove makeup so i am very pleased also i went to explore the shades again as my friend works for uerlain and we discovered shade 23 in this foundation ,,,,,,,,if u are nc35 to 42 then beige moyen 4 or shade 23 are both only ones........ shade 4 is more beige and shade 24 is more pinky yellow so i will be buying this one soon too as i love this stuff so much as it has done good for my skin really honestly if u have sensitive skin try im amazed !!!!!!!!!
ANOTHER UPDATE...for those of you who are similar shade as me i bought shade 23 too but i noticed my skin look llightly pink so im sticking to 4 beige moyen its gr8

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by andutza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Though it says "extreme wear" on it in my case it doesn't last's more than 3 hours.
And this in the good days because when it's getting hot i sweat and it goes away in less than 10 minutes after just putting it on my face. Even better i get some remains of a foundation, like dark spots.
I've tried it with moisturizer and without it. I've tried it with powder and without it. In all cases this foundation does not please me at all. It still has some attributes: the smell which is intense first but then slowly fades and the jar. Anyway dissapointed.