Guerlain Parure Extreme

4.2

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol, Isododecane, Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Acrylates/ Dimethicone Copolymer, Acrylates Copolymer, Rhodiola Crenulata Root Extract, Silica, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, Parfum (Fragrance), Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Tetrasodium EDTA< Propylene Carbonate, Butylphenyl Glycol, Dimethicone, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Methylparaben, BHT, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Isobutylparaben, Propyllparaben, [ /- Mica, CI 7789I (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)]

on 9/26/2009 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really really love this foundation. I just bought it because i wanted a change from my HG which is lancome's photogenic. I got mine in 03 beige naturel and matches almost perfectly with my mediterrenean skin.(with a little shade of wheat.. lol). The texture is quite light and the coverage excellent. It supposed to have light reflecting and light adjusting pigments. I don t know about that but from what i see in the mirror my skin looks very luminous and supple indeed. It promises an 8 hour staying power and in my opinion it delivers that promise very well. As for the packaging is the best foundation packaging i have ever seen. Very luxurious and chic. In my opinion one of the best foundations out there and certainly one worth trying and paying for..lol

I have been using the foundation for the last six months and waited until now to give a review. Why ? because i have oily skin and because its summer now in CA so i wanted to see how this would put up in hot hot weather. This is by far the greatest foundation ever made ! I have used many foundations (chanel, dior, laura mercier, etc.etc.) and this one beats every single one of them hands down ! This foundation goes on smoothly and provides excellent coverage. I use guerlain meteorites over it and the finish is flawless !

on 8/29/2009 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Hands down the best long wearing foundation I have ever used. I was used Lancome Teint Idole, but just wasn't happy with the way it settled into my fine lines. I bought this at a French Cosmetics store in Florida and was in love from the first use. I have acne scars and some hyper pigmentation and this covered everything very nicely, no concealer needed. Leaves a smooth look to my skin. It's somewhat matte and dewy. A nice combo and perfect for those with combo skin. I also have a lot of yellow/Orange in my skin and Beige clair was an excellent match. I wore it on a plane trip for 12 hours and didn't need a touch up. Used with the meteorites ball powder, it's amazing.

Update 10/7/2010: Over a year later and after trying less expensive foundations, I'm back to this lovely bottle of goodness. I swear I look 5-10 years younger with Guerlain products. I have hormonal acne, use Tazorac and with this...no flakes. Just dewy skin. It does not break me out. Shake the bottle before using or you may end up with it going on darker. I use a damp sponge and it minutes, perfection on a not so perfect face. I alos found that using a touch of Makeup Forveres HD microfinish powder made my not so perfect skin look..well..perfect.

on 8/4/2009 4:22:00 PM

This is a nice foundation, but it oxidized and turned orange on me in a matter of minutes. Just to make sure my oily skin wasn't the problem, I tested this foundation on my forearm. and my arm turned orange too.

on 7/26/2009 6:19:00 AM

the best foundation ever nothing more to say

on 7/22/2009 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best foundation out there! I used to use a foundation from Armani to Bobbi Brown. I could say I tried almost every brand on the market but I never fell in love to any foundation like this one. It's moisture my skin and it's so easily to blend, never leave any powder creek or came off a few hours after applied. I use it together with L'OR primer and it does it jobs!

on 6/3/2009 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I am surprised that this is supposed to be full coverage. I find it to be less coverage than the Parure Aqua. It is much more fluid than the Aqua. I am not sure if I would get this again, I don't think so right now. It just does not cover well for me.

on 6/3/2009 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of the best foundations I have tried in terms of texture, coverage, blendability and staying power. It's consistency is quite watery, yet the coverage is good so you only need a small amount for the whole face. It spreads very well and blends beautifully. It leaves you with a very natural satin finish. I bought the 031, the lightest shade available in this line and was very difficult to find. It's almost a perfect match, I wish it was just a bit less yellow and a bit darker. The 2nd lightest is 01 and is quite pink, which doesn't work for me. I'm very pleased with this foundation and will repurchase.

on 5/16/2009 10:03:00 PM

UPDATE 6-19-09- This oxidizes pretty bad. Shoulda known the SA wouldn't be honest when I asked her. Beige Clair seemed to be a good match but by the end of the day my face was slick and two shades darker than my neck.I gave it a chance, really did..yikes

Oh..my...gosh, could it be true? Did I actually find a new HG after being solely dedicated to my beloved, but now discontinued EL Minutestick? YES, because this stuff is glorious and has totally converted my jaded attitude about liquid foundations (which I hated in the past, to gloopy and heavy and never liked em). Plus, the SA at Guerlain was sooo nice and very helpful. She sat me right down to assist me with color matching and answered all my annoying questions like "does this oxidize?" and "Can I see the ingredients?". Color selection seems limited for us light skinned gals so I felt pretty lucky to have found a match in the very first try with #2(beige clair). Pale girlies will have trouble with this line. The consistency is not too thick and blends very nicely with my MAC 188. Covers blemishes and pores without suffocating the skin and has great staying power, I definately do not get that heavy, cakey feeling that I remember so well from liquids in the past which is what turned me off to begin with (It's literally been 5-6yrs since I wore a liquid foundation). Only need half of a pump to get total coverage so the bottle should last a long time. I think I am now a Guerlain convert...

on 5/14/2009 11:34:00 AM

LOVE this foundation. Although very fluid it has brilliant coverage (medium but buildable) and lasts a good 16 hour day (work and straight out afterwards). Depending on the season I am either a 2 or 3 and sometimes blend both to warm my complexion slightly (NC20). I apply either with the beauty blender, fingers or a brush and all give a really lovely natural but perfect skin finish. Packaging is glam and expensive looking (expensive in reality also). Definitely prefer this to my other main use foundations (MUF HD or Studiosculpt/Studio Finish).