December 21, 2014 | 1177 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - retractable kabuki

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by librazebra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bought this on a trip when I forgot my "good" brush. This is a great little brush for the money. I use it much, much more than my Kevyn Aucoin flat-top. If it went missing I would replace it immediately.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 5:48:00 AM More reviews by bayergal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! I use it to apply my blush and I've been using it for 6 months now with no problems. Perfect for when I was travelling it fit perfectly in my travel make-up bag.

I love how cheap this is, especially since I cannot afford high quality brushes but this certainly feels HQ.

Best part about this brand is that it's recycled & cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Pinkkittyrokz

This kabuki really is a great brush. I love to use it to blend in blush (after I've applied it) It really softens the look of my makeup. I used to use this brush as my on-the-go touch up brush, but I can't now because it broke. The brush came out of the bottom part of the packaging. I can still use with no problems though. Its just a little annoying because the part that you pull over the bristles of the brush moves up and down freely, so when I use it, I have to hold that piece down. But thats not too big a deal for me. Overall, I really do like this brush and I would purchase it again if I lost it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far so good! This product is even softer than my Ultimate line of brushes. I use it to apply my Sobe Botanicals Night Minerals, so I'm not using it for foundation. I use a flat kabuki for foundation. It's a decent size and is super soft, silky, applies evenly and the retractable feature works seamlessly. Great for daily use, travel, or to have as an extra brush used for something separate from daily makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 6:57:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

So after deathmatching this and Too Faced's retractable kabuki, I have to say that Too Faced wins. Now Ecotools' retractable is a great value at $8 versus Too Faced's $32, and has a brush dense enough to pick up product from my hard pressed powder yet soft enough to not be scratchy on my skin. However you get what you pay for. Ecotools' recycled aluminum case is flimsy and doesn't shut as tightly/securely as the TF retractable kabuki; TF's brush is longer and with much softer bristles that pick up just as much product as Ecotools; and TF's retractable brush when closed is actually smaller (and thus more compact) than Ecotools' by about half an inch. I've heard that Ecotools' brush is prone to falling apart with prolonged use, and while I've had it for two weeks and the bristles are fine the retracting mechanism is already getting stuck, which doesn't bode well for the longevity of the brush. In all I'd say Ecotools is fine if in a pinch and/or on a budget, but I'd still save up for Too Faced's retractable kabuki.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by natatatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush. It is:

-soft
-dense
-recycled
-conveniently packaged
-cute
-inexpensive

I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by beautiful84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to buff my powder in after moisturizing my face (I'm not a liquid foundation type of girl). This brush is amazing! Mine did fall apart but after supergluing back together and I don't use it as a retractable brush (I just leave it out now and sits on my vanity)... It's perfect now and I've washed it twice. Highly recommend, just make sure you have superglue nearby because it's very likely the brush will fall apart.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by effloresce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is probably one of my favourite brushes ever. Packaging wise, it is a retractable kabuki in a slim, sleek lightweight aluminium casing which comes with a resealable zip-lock pouch. It's very inexpensive for the quality which is definitely on par with or even exceeds that of my department store brushes. The brush itself is fantastic quality. It is incredibly dense, the bristles are just the right length and have the right amount of resistance for buffing on my mineral foundation into the skin perfectly. It can also be used to blend out blushes or bronzer or apply loose or finishing powders. It is easy to hold and use and I love that it's retractable, which makes it perfect for travel while ensuring that the brushes stay clean in a makeup bag. If you want to make it more dense, don't retract the brush totally, so that the bristle length becomes shorter - this makes it much denser and firmer, which is great for more precise or targeted application (e.g. buffing more foundation on problem spots). Love this, and can't wait to try out more Ecotools brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by vickywang

Love love love. So soft and so compact! It blends powders beautifully.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by haidehh

I use this for my Chanel bronze universal.its really soft and dense but not a favorite for some reason....