July 30, 2014 | 2014 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Tinted Brow Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jennhsieh

I used to use MAC's eyebrow gel, but it didn't seem strong enough. By the end of the day, my eyebrows were all over the place again. This gel is much better--although much more expensive, it keeps my hairs in place (although they do get a little crispy). The only complaint I have is the price--on the higher side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

My brow challenge is white hairs among the brown, and brows that are
not as thick as they once were. So pencils and powders that lay on
the skin can be very dicey, and they are also usually too warm-toned
or dark, yet light grey powders turn very dark on moisturized skin.
I've been through all kinds of brow products. A very light touch
with "Granite" Tinted Brow Gel looks natural and has rejuvenated my
brows! And doesn't smudge once dry, wears gracefully the entire rest
of the day and night. Awesome brow product! Now if they would just
make this same color but a shade lighter - taupe - as an additional
option, that would round out the color selection in this line. I tried
the Blond color but it didn't cover the white hairs and it was too warm-
toned. Caramel will be next purchase and I plan to work it with a
light touch of Granite, trying to create the perfect taupe for mature
brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this over benefit's brow kit to keep my brows in place. it works well and doesn't look flakey. not much to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG brow product. I am a strawberry blond with blond eyebrows, and the Auburn shade is perfect for me. This product is superior to brow pencils because pencils just fill in the skin behind the brow and not the brow itself. This gel colors my eyebrows themselves and looks really natural. I've tried this in Blonde, but it looks strange on me to have red hair, blonde brows and brown eyelashes (from mascara). This lasts all day but has a tendency to dry up a in about a year. You can still use it, it's just drier than it used to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like hair gel for your eyebrows to keep them from messing up. Works well enough, but probably will not repurchase because my eyebrows are already very fine, and well groomed with close trims. I would recommend this with someone that has very thick, bushy eyebrows that never stay in place.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by ickdragon

I absolutely love Anastasia's eye brow gel and cannot be without it! It's an expensive purchase at $21, but I've never had success with any other brow gels or clear mascaras. They never lasted as long, didn't flake and stayed put the way Anastasia's gel does. The wand always disperses the perfect amount on my brows to keep them nicely in place, instead of looking plastered or crunchy. I wish the product amount was a little more generous for the price, but luckily, one tube lasts for months and months. (I think my last purchase was about 6 months ago and I just ran out last week.) If you have unruly brows or just would like to add some polish, consider trying this brand. I prefer the clear gel, but Anastasia also offers a couple of color gels as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Melsie23

love this product. I use it in blonde, grooms my eyebrows and adds a nice subtle hint of blonde to brighten up my taupe eyebrows. When I bought it I felt it was a little too expensive but it has now lasted me 5 months!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I am currently using the brow gel in clear. It makes my brows crispy, but keeps them in place. Also, when it gets hot and I start to sweat, they're still held in place.

However, I don't think I'd buy this again as there has to be a cheaper drugstore alternative for a simple clear brow gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 11:40:00 PM More reviews by alysser

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

im a little obsessive compulsive with my brows, and ive tried every clear brow gel where i work (ulta). this one is absolutely amazing and i would buy it again in a heartbeat. nothing compares (that ive tried). i usually try to buy different products every time i buy something, but this is something i wouldnt stray from. amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG brow gel - hands down the best I've tried thus far :) At first I could do without, but that was when my brows barely existed! Now that my brows are coming out nicely and are finally growing longer I need this brow gel (in clear) to tame them in place (I refuse to trim my brows with brow scissors like someone had suggested long ago again! BIG MISTAKE! Have a pro do it if you are unsure. Don't make the same mistake I did and go scissor happy and have 2 brow hairs left on your face lol)
When my brows finally grew longer I stopped using this for awhile fearing I would run out (still on my first tube and too broke at the moment to open my back up). I went back to using my Ardell brow gel and some other clear mascaras. While they worked for a little while during the day I noticed it weighted my long brow hairs down so 1-2 strays of hair would go out of place making my brows look odd. The Anastasia gel does not do this at all! Like some have mentioned it does tend to get hard, but you can avoid this by only putting on a sheer coat (a little of this goes a long way) and brushing your brows after lightly with a mascara wand to remove any access off brow hairs. It stiffens for a reason - to keep brows in place, but not weigh them down. The only down side to this amazing tube besides the price tag is the chemical smell! I've gotten used to it and the smell does subside after you apply the product. Just don't go sniffing it directly off the tube it has a very strong scent that can cause a headache!
***I've also tried the universal brow get by Anastasia... and it was TERRIBLE!!! I was assured by the makeup artist that it would work on my black brow hair, but it didn't! I let it dry like advised, but it made my brows look auburn!!! When first applied they looked like dark blond eyebrows! Do NOT buy the universal one, the tinted ones are better! If they don't have testers (like my store didn't) go with this clear gel one :)***