Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water, PVP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Matricaria Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben

This product does the job, but is too expensive to repurchase for what it does.

I have clear mascara from Maybelline that was cheaper that does the job just as well.

on 2/23/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product is alright for me. I don't have very many brow hairs to begin with. My brows are very sparse. I don't feel I need brow gel to keep my almost non exist eyebrows in check, but I can see were this would work for people who have more eyebrow hair.

on 2/13/2010 11:45:00 AM

I love this brow gel and have not been able to find one that works as well. I use the clear, un-tinted one, as I have very thick, almost black eyebrows. I almost always use it over Urban decay's brow box (as opposed to the waxy stuff that comes with the kit - that's just gross), but it also works well on its own, when I'm wearing my brows thick enough that I don't need to color them in at all. My one gripe is the price... $21 seems like a silly amount of money to pay for what is essentially hair gel in a tube. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A BROW GEL THAT WORKS AS WELL FOR A BETTER PRICE, MESSAGE ME!

on 12/30/2009 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This product applied heavily and took a long time to dry. When it did dry, it made my eyebrows feel crunchy, just like when you use too much gel in your hair. For about half an hour after the gel dried, my eyebrows felt strange -- heavy and like they were being pulled in the direction I'd brushed them.

And for all that, there's really no difference in the appearance of my eyebrows when I use this!

I have very light brows and this works to slightly darken and add definition to my face. What I like most is that the formulation is not gunky so I never have to wipe the brush with a tissue and that it's meant to be layered. I like powders to fill in my lightest areas (also Anastasia) and use the brush/pencil from Chanel pencil to "set" and fill in where needed. I know it seems like a lot but...

Ok, so I never realized how much eyebrows made a difference in how one's face presents.. Sue me. However, as a light haired, fair-skinned person, I've finally found the final pop to a bit of mascara and MUFE foundation for the red spots. I LOVE this product.

on 10/3/2009 2:50:00 PM

It's a good brow gel, but waaaaaayyyyy overpriced. A 0.1 ounce tube costs $21, which is $210.00 per ounce!! Try this stuff on one eyebrow and apply regular hair gel (at $.50 per ounce) with a clean mascara wand or brow brush to the other side. Then ask yourself if the Anastasia side looks $209.50--or 41,900%--better than the hair gel side. :)

on 9/15/2009 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This brow gel does exactly what it's supposed to do which is to hold your brow hairs in place. However, I find the formulation too glossy looking. A lot of product is dispensed on the wand, so be careful when you apply it to your eye brow. It also takes a bit of time to dry because it's quite liquid. Once dried, the gel leaves my brow hairs very stiff and shiny...not exactly the look I'm going for. I feel that you could get similar results with regular hair gel. Since I don't usually have unruly eyebrow hairs to begin with, I won't be repurchasing this product in the future.

on 9/9/2009 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product stays "wet" for awhile and makes my eyebrows look horrendous! You can definitely tell I did something -- and whatever it was, it was a bad idea. After awhile, this gel makes my brows get extremely crunchy and hard as rock. It doesn't "tame" my brows, per se; It allows them to go haywire in all sorts of directions and then will not under any circumstances allow me to put them back where they belong! Ugh. So icky. I'd rather just buy cheap drugstore-brand clear mascara. Bourjois does the trick.

on 9/8/2009 10:48:00 PM

I used to use MAC's eyebrow gel, but it didn't seem strong enough. By the end of the day, my eyebrows were all over the place again. This gel is much better--although much more expensive, it keeps my hairs in place (although they do get a little crispy). The only complaint I have is the price--on the higher side.

on 9/8/2009 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

My brow challenge is white hairs among the brown, and brows that are
not as thick as they once were. So pencils and powders that lay on
the skin can be very dicey, and they are also usually too warm-toned
or dark, yet light grey powders turn very dark on moisturized skin.
I've been through all kinds of brow products. A very light touch
with "Granite" Tinted Brow Gel looks natural and has rejuvenated my
brows! And doesn't smudge once dry, wears gracefully the entire rest
of the day and night. Awesome brow product! Now if they would just
make this same color but a shade lighter - taupe - as an additional
option, that would round out the color selection in this line. I tried
the Blond color but it didn't cover the white hairs and it was too warm-
toned. Caramel will be next purchase and I plan to work it with a
light touch of Granite, trying to create the perfect taupe for mature
brows.