October 31, 2014 | 1336 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Tinted Brow Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tashaynn98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product applied heavily and took a long time to dry. When it did dry, it made my eyebrows feel crunchy, just like when you use too much gel in your hair. For about half an hour after the gel dried, my eyebrows felt strange -- heavy and like they were being pulled in the direction I'd brushed them.

And for all that, there's really no difference in the appearance of my eyebrows when I use this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very light brows and this works to slightly darken and add definition to my face. What I like most is that the formulation is not gunky so I never have to wipe the brush with a tissue and that it's meant to be layered. I like powders to fill in my lightest areas (also Anastasia) and use the brush/pencil from Chanel pencil to "set" and fill in where needed. I know it seems like a lot but...

Ok, so I never realized how much eyebrows made a difference in how one's face presents.. Sue me. However, as a light haired, fair-skinned person, I've finally found the final pop to a bit of mascara and MUFE foundation for the red spots. I LOVE this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a good brow gel, but waaaaaayyyyy overpriced. A 0.1 ounce tube costs $21, which is $210.00 per ounce!! Try this stuff on one eyebrow and apply regular hair gel (at $.50 per ounce) with a clean mascara wand or brow brush to the other side. Then ask yourself if the Anastasia side looks $209.50--or 41,900%--better than the hair gel side. :)

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2009 11:10:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This brow gel does exactly what it's supposed to do which is to hold your brow hairs in place. However, I find the formulation too glossy looking. A lot of product is dispensed on the wand, so be careful when you apply it to your eye brow. It also takes a bit of time to dry because it's quite liquid. Once dried, the gel leaves my brow hairs very stiff and shiny...not exactly the look I'm going for. I feel that you could get similar results with regular hair gel. Since I don't usually have unruly eyebrow hairs to begin with, I won't be repurchasing this product in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by macquadisiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product stays "wet" for awhile and makes my eyebrows look horrendous! You can definitely tell I did something -- and whatever it was, it was a bad idea. After awhile, this gel makes my brows get extremely crunchy and hard as rock. It doesn't "tame" my brows, per se; It allows them to go haywire in all sorts of directions and then will not under any circumstances allow me to put them back where they belong! Ugh. So icky. I'd rather just buy cheap drugstore-brand clear mascara. Bourjois does the trick.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jennhsieh

I used to use MAC's eyebrow gel, but it didn't seem strong enough. By the end of the day, my eyebrows were all over the place again. This gel is much better--although much more expensive, it keeps my hairs in place (although they do get a little crispy). The only complaint I have is the price--on the higher side.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

My brow challenge is white hairs among the brown, and brows that are
not as thick as they once were. So pencils and powders that lay on
the skin can be very dicey, and they are also usually too warm-toned
or dark, yet light grey powders turn very dark on moisturized skin.
I've been through all kinds of brow products. A very light touch
with "Granite" Tinted Brow Gel looks natural and has rejuvenated my
brows! And doesn't smudge once dry, wears gracefully the entire rest
of the day and night. Awesome brow product! Now if they would just
make this same color but a shade lighter - taupe - as an additional
option, that would round out the color selection in this line. I tried
the Blond color but it didn't cover the white hairs and it was too warm-
toned. Caramel will be next purchase and I plan to work it with a
light touch of Granite, trying to create the perfect taupe for mature
brows.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2009 1:58:00 AM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use this over benefit's brow kit to keep my brows in place. it works well and doesn't look flakey. not much to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2009 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mightymcownage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG brow product. I am a strawberry blond with blond eyebrows, and the Auburn shade is perfect for me. This product is superior to brow pencils because pencils just fill in the skin behind the brow and not the brow itself. This gel colors my eyebrows themselves and looks really natural. I've tried this in Blonde, but it looks strange on me to have red hair, blonde brows and brown eyelashes (from mascara). This lasts all day but has a tendency to dry up a in about a year. You can still use it, it's just drier than it used to be.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 5:39:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like hair gel for your eyebrows to keep them from messing up. Works well enough, but probably will not repurchase because my eyebrows are already very fine, and well groomed with close trims. I would recommend this with someone that has very thick, bushy eyebrows that never stay in place.