April 20, 2014 | 1807 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ltimler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara fix is amazing stuff...I have absolutely no complaints about it! I love using it when I freelance weddings, because it allows me to use my favourite mascaras on clients without being limited by waterproof formulas (which, in my opinion, never seem to perform as well as non-waterproof in terms of length, curl, volume and definition). Even on myself, I love being able to use it on occasion when its raining or humid to keep my mascara flawless, but while not having to purchase a tube of waterproof mascara. Plus the other bonus is that its expiry sits at 36 months, instead of 3-6 like most mascaras. I also love its packaging, i find it very convenient for freelancing as well, since I can squirt the product into sterilized containers for easy travel. Great as brow set as well. Its amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lemon_jelly

This is a life saver for me. Most mascaras, especially non waterproof, always flake and smudge on me. And my curls never stay in place. When I start using this, I can use even non wp mascara because this really helps to make the mascara stay in place. No more mascara under my eyes! It also helps to hold my curl longer. Now, I can try mascara with other benefits than just for holding my curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 5:55:00 PM More reviews by lori2003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product. Now I can wear Maybelline Full and Soft without flaking or any other mascara that flaked on me. Great stuff. I also like using it as a brow gel. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

I really like this mascara sealer. Its like those other makeup sealers out there made for your lashes to keep mascara from smudging. It looks clear and it comes in a mascara tube that reminds me of Eyeko's packaging- kinda like toothpaste tubes. All you do is swipe it on your lashes after applying mascara (let the mascara dry first) and thats it. Almost all mascaras smudge on me (except for my Blinc KissMe) and this product allows me to wear regular mascara. It works well for me. You can buy it at any Clarins counter for about $18, so its not too pricey. The only 2 problems I have with it are the packaging because on the junction of the tube and wand the actual hole of the tube is recessed farther inside the tube so theres like this weird distance from the opening of the tube to the actual rim of the tube. So when you pull the wand out, theres extra goop stuck near the top of the tube. If you ever see it you'll know what I mean. Another thing is that its pretty difficult to remove even with eye makeup remover, it takes a while for it to come off. I guess I can never be happy with everything, but I don't mind that part too much. Anything is OK as long as mascara is still on! If you have that problem like I do where mascara rubs off, you may want to try this over your mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by cmil

While this product does make mascara smudge-proof, it make my lashes look too dull...I've tried a lot to master it, but still get the dull effect. I went through two bottles of this before I discover Clarins Instant Matte Gel. I like to use Instant Matte Gel as a final step around my eys to keep mascara from smudging. It works great for me. If I didn't find another solution to solve my mascara-smudge problem, I'll continue to buy this. But I have already, so no need of this. Unless maybe if I went to go to the swimming pool or beach and still want to look good..kehehe =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

currently using my second tube.......great top coat that stop any mascara from smudging...........but since now i've found a smudgeproof mascara-anna sui super mascara......i dun really need it anymore.......but still it's a very good product......

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by VicStar

To all those who are like me, who for some reason have oily eyelids/undereye and always scared about smudging/panda eyes after 2 hours- this product is for you! I read about the great reviews here and am happy to confirm - yes ladies - it is true. I have tried Waterproof everything and nothing has worked. Now i can buy ANY mascara (tried maxfactor/lancome (hypnose)/Maybelline Full & Soft (NOT WATERPROOF) and now they all stay put!!! Amazing.
I now can rave about mascaras for their real job rather than does it or does it not smudge.
Directions to put on: I've tried 2.
One is to put on your mascara, then wait 3 mins so mascara completely dries (try not to blink too much), then put on Clarins Mascara Fix (both under and on top of lashes) and you're done!

Second (i used Maybelline Full & Soft,) i put on the mascara and just waited 1 minute - they're semi dry/semi wet and then put on Mascara fix so the glossiness is still there and that still works!!!
As for those girls that say it leaves those white flaky bits - it says to me that something's too dry - when i used Hypnose mascara it did that too but i didn't get that with Full & Soft.
The packaging isn't the most flash but i don't think it really matters since the product works!!!
I got this from Ebay for $30AUD so why not!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2005 8:57:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

For those who are on the fence about buying this product, I would say go ahead anyways because even if it doesn't work for you as mascara sealant, it can still be used as an effective brow gel. I purchased this product as a water/smudge proofer for one of my HG mascaras, Shu Uemura Basic. I like how this mascara sealant does not change the original look of the mascara and doesn't wilt my curl. I wiggle it at the roots of the lashes and coat a few times in order to ensure the entire lash is covered. It helps make the mascara more smudgeproof on me and gives me full confidence to be in any sort of wet weather without my mascara moving. The mascara sealant can be removed with any oil/silicone mix (Lancome's bifacial or Clinique's Take the Day Off).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2005 4:33:00 PM More reviews by foundationaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i put this on on top of my favorite mascara when it rains or whenever i want to have a smudge-proof day. i can literally SWIM in this mascara, that's how powerful it is. i don't wear it everyday (even though i'd like to) is because it's extremely hard to take off..

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2005 6:19:00 PM More reviews by kokar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not working for me. My mascara smudges even more with Mascara Fix on! AND I apply it under and over my lashes too. Am I doing anything wrong here?