October 22, 2014 | 1817 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why havent i discovered this sooner? this is so good that I never had smudged mascara (not even a teeeny wee bit) ever since i tried mascara fix.
Its very reasonably priced, the only thing i hate is the way its packaged, I dont understand why cant it be a normal mascara tube instead of the stupid toothpaste type tube. When I take it out the product start to collect on the 'neck' of the tube and its really annoying.
I have cleaned the thing so many times i think i waste more product on tissue than on my eyes.
but then again, i have not yet find anything remotely comparable. so until then, i will still keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by beforenafter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No more smudging. It's amazing. Even when wnen wearing eye cream and creamy concealer without powder, yup no smudging. The only bummer is that it makes it harder to take OFF the eye makeup. I'm always following up with a qtip soaked in eyemakeup remover, it's all good though as long as it's not coming off during the day!

Warning: goopiness MAY be a problem, but nothing a comb through with a quality eyelash comb can't fix.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2006 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Kristineh

Yes, it works! I usually don't wear makeup when I'm going swimming or anything, but if so I always apply this first, and it makes the mascara stay put, no raccoon eyes! Might make your lashes look a little spidey, but that's the price you pay for swimming with mascara on :P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2006 11:32:00 AM More reviews by MissMelissa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

What an awesome product! I'm getting ready to leave, but I had to stop and write a review about this! I have had problems wearing mascara for years! Even when I'm wearing my HG mascara, which just so happens to be Clarins Wonder Volume, I don't dare apply it to my bottom lashes. You're talking Halloween scary, if I do! I have dealt with and am always working on my dark circles and it doesn't take but a fleck of dark mascara to magnify them:)Haha! So, for the first time in YEARS, I've got mascara on my top and bottom lashes! Believe me, I piled it on, too! First I curled my lashes and used my HG mascara. Then I pulled out my stash of disposable mascara wands, (thanks Billie!) to apply it with, since I was afraid that there would little black specks on the brush and didn't want them to get in the tube. I went over my top & bottom lashes very lightly, almost as if brushing them out. They look faaaabb--u--lous! I forgot how beautiful my lashes are and what a sexy bitch I am:))
I'll update later, on the wear of this little miracle!
Update: This stuff IS a miracle! It lasted ALL DAY, through touch-ups of concealer, I might add. A cute guy actually hit on me today! I'm definitely going to start using this, so I can wear mascara again. My lashes will be fluttering, from now on:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 5:52:00 AM More reviews by karinmun

Yes it does work as a sealant and waterproof your mascara, but it also dulls the finish of your mascara.
I like to use it alone for a 'barely there' makeup look. It holds the curl on curled lashes really well, it thickens and defines the lashes and ofcourse the benefit of a clear mascara is that it won't smudge :)
Just don't overdo the application if you use this mascara alone, because the tips of your eyelashes will turn white.
This is a very versatile product: sealant, natural mascara and brow gel. It's not expensive though, considering the long expiration date and the versatility of this product. One downside of this product packaging is that a clumpy mess of mascara collects at the base of the brush, there where it goes over to the wand. And a clumpy mess collects in the neck of the tube. You can wipe it away though, but it will form again due to the product packaging design and it's such a waste to wipe it off. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2006 5:12:00 AM More reviews by playgiirl12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this mainly in summer and it works really well. I really like the packaging. You can tell when your running out. It lasts quite a while and that impresses me. I hate having to buy new mascara every three months. It does make any mascara waterproof but not so much you can swim in it (ive tried). Its more water-resistant. Still a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Makes any mascara water-resistant and doesn't alter the finish of the mascara.

Con: It's fragranced and can irritate sensitive eyes. Me and fragrance don't mix. Why does mascara need fragrance? I still use it when I wear mascara though, which luckily is rarely.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2006 7:34:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

amazing product. really helps with the smudges if you apply it correctly. still experiencing with this cos with some mascaras, it stops them from smudging but with others, this doesnt work. also i noticed that you need to use the right amount, if not your lashes get stuck together when you put this on & it can deflate your curl too! fortunately, this has a shelf life of 36 months so i am happily experimenting with my different mascaras. off course i hope to find a mascara that doesnt smudge on me so i can skip this step...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ltimler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara fix is amazing stuff...I have absolutely no complaints about it! I love using it when I freelance weddings, because it allows me to use my favourite mascaras on clients without being limited by waterproof formulas (which, in my opinion, never seem to perform as well as non-waterproof in terms of length, curl, volume and definition). Even on myself, I love being able to use it on occasion when its raining or humid to keep my mascara flawless, but while not having to purchase a tube of waterproof mascara. Plus the other bonus is that its expiry sits at 36 months, instead of 3-6 like most mascaras. I also love its packaging, i find it very convenient for freelancing as well, since I can squirt the product into sterilized containers for easy travel. Great as brow set as well. Its amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2006 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lemon_jelly

This is a life saver for me. Most mascaras, especially non waterproof, always flake and smudge on me. And my curls never stay in place. When I start using this, I can use even non wp mascara because this really helps to make the mascara stay in place. No more mascara under my eyes! It also helps to hold my curl longer. Now, I can try mascara with other benefits than just for holding my curl.