OPI Tickle My France-y

4.6

on 5/20/2011 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of my favourite nudes! It is a very ''professional'' looking shade and has very slight mauve undertones from what I see. Creme finish and is a two-three coat job.

on 5/18/2011 6:50:00 AM

My friend has a quite a collection of taupey, grey and brown shades and when doing my nails at her house I picked this out, and immediately had to go buy myself a bottle. Its neutral without being sheer or too bland, very simple pinky taupe that goes with anything.

on 5/16/2011 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

'Tickle My France-y' is a nudish pink with some mauve/brown undertones. I wear this shade quite frequently because it has a chic and sophisticated "vibe" to it. The shade compliments my warm skin-tone, and I would imagine it would be nice for girls of many different skin-tones too since it appears to be a very universal flattering colour. Takes about three coats to get the shade completely opaque. No streaks with this. :)

on 5/14/2011 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I absolutely love this polish. It is in my top 5 favorites of all time. It is a pinky nude that just looks great with my fair/light skin tone. I found out about it on a popular nail polish blog (All Lacquered Up) being rated top #1 pinky/nude polishes of 2010, so I had to give it a shot, & I am so glad I did. I recommend this to everyone & I would repurchase if my bottle went empty.

This is by far my favorite nail polish color! This isn't your average nude, there's something about this color that makes it so unique, there's a bit of purple in it but gahh it's so beautiful! Whenever I can't decide which color to paint my nails, this is my go-to color! Its so natural looking and so elegant!

on 5/11/2011 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG nude colour during the fall/winter months! It's a cool toned mauvey nude with a hint of dusty purple. I find it works best in the winter time because of the cool tones in this polish. My skin gets yellow in the summertime when I'm using self tanner. In the winter time my hands are more neutral to cool toned.
----------
PROS:
- The colour is different from the many nude colours I own (Dulce Leche and Barefoot in Barcelona have more yellow in them, for example). Although it's not really skin coloured, I would still consider it a nude. The colour is similar to Essie's Demure Vixen, but without the shimmer.
- I think it would still work on people with subtle yellow undertones in their skin. One of my friends has a yellow Asian skintone (around NC25 I would say), and this polish looks great on her too.
- The application is an absolute dream! One of the best formulas that I own, for sure (I own over 100 polishes I think - Essie, OPI, China Glaze, Chanel, Color Club). Two thin coats and you're good to go.
----------
CONS:
- I personally find that it works best on me when I have lighter coloured hands (nc20), than when I have tanned hands.
----------
One of my favourite and most used polishes! Two of my friends bought this too, and I even got my mom hooked. All three have more yellow than pink in their skintones, and they love it still. I will rebuy when I run out of this.

on 5/9/2011 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

PERFECT color! Love everything about it. If you want a cool, yet timeless look - this is it! It screams cool and sophisticated :) This will be my go to color from now on!

on 5/8/2011 9:29:00 PM

I love this, yet once the enormous bottle finishes, I will be trying something else.

It looks more 'purple' than the light brown/beige tone I was hoping for.

It just doesn't suit people, like myself with fair skin (with pink-red undertone).

This would be to-die-for on ladies with more yellow-medium or olive skin tones.

Still undeniably a beutiful, unique shade.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite shade from OPI! It's subtle, but there's something about it that makes me never get tired of.

I've got a lot of compliment when wearing this shade. It's a nude with hint of purple/taupe/gray... i think this complicated combination of colors is what makes this shade so unique. It makes my nails look so clean, neat and sophisticated.

One coat it's a nice (perfect) french base; 2 coats it's close to my favorite discontinued essie in lyford lilac, with a little more brown and gray, which makes it a close to perfect nude on my typical asian skintone; with 1 more coat, it adds more opacity, purple and gray to the color, and makes it an edgy nude for winter.

all in all, I've never finished any bottle of nail polish, but i'm having a strong feeling that i'll finish this one and buy it again. If it gets discontinued, i think i'll cry.

on 4/26/2011 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great color for us guys too. It really goes well with my skin color and gives a nice finished look to my mani and pedi without being obtrusive. The only thing I don't like about it is that it takes 4 coats to get it opaque and is a little streaky, other than that it is a perfect every day wear for me.

Top Rated OPI Products