November 27, 2014 | 1051 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It took me a long time to buy this, but finally I did! My thoughts were, "I'll add this to the collection since I seem to enjoy it enough to have considered and sampled it for so long." I think my hesitation was only the celebrity name attached and the silliness that maybe this would mean it's not very good. Well, I was proven wrong on all counts!! This is uplifting and happy and a wonderful winter comfort scent. This could be compared to Hanae Mori, but frankly, this is more wearable. Every time I reach for Hanae, I am let down while I'm wearing it. Though a gorgeous gourmand, Hanae doesn't wear on my skin the way I wish it did and becomes a muddled mess of notes. Fancy stays true and, unlike Hanae, which my skin drinks, Fancy has wonderful longevity. It is a little sweeter, much more vibrant, and more youthful than the elegant Hanae. I am very pleased with my purchase and reach for it much more often than I ever thought I would.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:49:00 AM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gosh. Why do people compare this to Pink Sugar???
Dont expect this to smell like a caramel paradise, because it's not. There is a HINT of caramel, but once you apply on your skin is gone. And I can also smell toasted almonds in the opening of this, but like I said, once you apply on your skin is awful.
This is not sweet, this is a light, boring fragrance I would wear to stay home (not really because it stinks)! It's smells like soap!!! Honestly, is soap in a bottle!!!!!!

As soon as I opened the box I thought "i know this smell". Instantly I had this memory of a 12-year-old ME wearing Giovanna Baby cologne (the pink one). Smells exactly the same to me. Not very well blended, this stuff sucks.

This is boring, and once you apply is there, to stay!!! I had to take a shower immediately to take this off me!!!!
This is ANYTHING BUT FANCY. Honestly.

If you like elegant, strong, deep, chic, remarkable fragrances THIS is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I haven't bought this perfume yet, but I have received a couple of samples from and I love it! I am definately going to be getting this perfume soon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ingrid88

I'm in my 20s and this is actually my 1st perfume ever lolllllll. I was never a perfume type of person but this was on sale for $20. A few days before I saw the sale, I thought about trying out perfumes. The sales associate said she loves Fancy and even though the tester was missing, i trusted her and got it. It's very nice: smells like roasted almonds mixed with simmering caramel! and there's a slight floral undertone. Overall I am satisfied. I don't have much experience with perfumes so I don't know.... I do wear this everyday though... :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by departureofskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A friend of mine used to wear this and it smelled awesome on her so when I came across the full size bottle of this at TJ Maxx for $20, I had to get it. I tend to avoid celebrity fragrances because they seem cheesy, but I love this one. If you like sweet, vanilla fragrances you should try this. I'm terrible at describing fragrances note-wise but the ad with Jessica in it is the perfect description--sweet, girly, and a little sexy. Staying power is fantastic. I often layer it over Pink Sugar. This is perfect for winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Late to the party and I'm loving it. I have always wanted to have a cotton candy, caramel fragrance without the burnt sugar notes and now I have it in all delicious, musky warmth, good sillage and extreme lasting power of more than 24 hours - and yes, I shower:) What's funny is people tell me that I smell very sophisticated with white suede notes and I gracefully shut up:) Nowadays I find myself reaching for it more often than I think I would and it has almost replaced my beloved Gaultier Classique. I even love the friendly and airy pear note at the beginning and the tacky bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by gate403

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells like a generic sweet vanilla, with spicy incense undertones. I would not rank this among the most beautiful scents I have ever smelled, but it's cozy and pleasant, very feminine and people will like the way you smell. It gets the job done.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:58:00 AM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a ton of recs for this based on my usual frag choices, but refused to get it.. it just didn't smell right to me at first. I also read a bunch of reviews that said it smells more sweet/gourmand a little while after the initial application. Then, a very generous swapper included a full roll on of this and I thought, hey it's free..I'll give it a try while at home. Loved it and purchased full size bottle two days later. It does smell sweeter/gourmand-ish after a while. At first I smell lychee and musk or something.. reminds me of hanae mori w/out the currants, then the smell turns into... like a creamy almond milk- vanilla-ish smell. Very nice indeed. Excellent staying power, I think.. seems like I can smell it all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by cosebelle

I wouldn't think to buy anything Jessica Simpson. BUT... a little story. It has happened multiple times that I would compliment someone's cute shoes or purse and they would say that it was by Jessica Simpson.They would add that the prices are pretty good too. So then I thought maybe she has something here -she does have some creative input I assume. So I became more open to at least trying her frags. I sprayed Fancy on a scarf and thought, it's "ok". But the next time I picked that scarf up it smelled delicious - just vanilla/floral/creamy. So the drydown is good, which is really important. It can get disappointing when I love a perfume's top notes but not the base notes. Coco Mademoiselle is a great example of this. I looove it at first but later the only note that sticks around is the patchouli and some woodsy note and I hate it. Really the drydown is what defines the perfume for me. Sorry for the novel here, but anyway, this is a nice cool weather frag despite it being yet another celeb endorsed product with no snob appeal :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by mdorese21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go to scent for the past year so can't believe I haven't reviewed it yet. But whenever I pick it up I'm reminded of what my sister said when she first smelled it on me, "you smell like rootbeer" lol Even though it's on the sweet side, I don't get rootbeer from it.