January 25, 2015 | 2081 users online

Mascara - Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for three months now and I love it. It gives me really thicker and longer looking lashes, does not irritate my eyes and despite it not being waterproof, stays put all day, no smudging, no clumping. It gives me beautiful lashes! My only gripe with Dior mascaras in general is that they dry out in the tube quicker than most mascaras,so I have to replace them more often. But after trying various brands from drugstore to high end, I always come back to dior for Mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Jeanettek

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this mascara.

It gives you great, big, full lashes - and it stays on all day. The packaging is amazing as well.

The brush is very good, no clumps or anything. For me it mostly gives volume, but that's also what I want!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Jeskajess

I have long eyelashes and bad mascaras always show. It is really hard for me to find a decent mascara. So, I was skeptical at first. Christian Dior's Iconic is definitely worth buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Beansy69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have been using Diorshow for some time, which is great but I find they don't last very long and tend to dry out quickly - then tried Extase which I found to be too clumpy on my long, fine lashes. Something about the wand that really didn't work for me and didn't provide much volume at all...although I will say good for lengthening (which I don't need). Decided to take a break from Dior and went to Lancome's Hypnose Precious Cells...big mistake! So, just recently bought the Iconic and I feel I have found a best friend for my lashes at last! Perfect sculpting, lengthening, no clumping and really make my eyes pop. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara!
I had been wanting to try this for a while, and during the Sephora sale I finally took the plunge and bought it. No other mascara that I have tried comes close to Iconic, and I've tried a ton of different ones from drugstore to high end.

I always curl my lashes, because they don't do so naturally. Then I apply one coat or two coats, depending if I want my lashes to really look thick. It lengthens my lashes like no other and holds curl throughout the day. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda hard to remove and takes some extra time with eye makeup remover so that I don't lose lashes.

I will definitely buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

This leaves your lashes looking very 'natural but better' as opposed to sky-high and made up. The perfect everyday mascara that doesn't irritate or leave me with raccoon eyes. Dior has definitely done it again with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by styx1231

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rotate through mascara's depending on my mood and the occasion, and this one is in my every-day mascara rotation. I love that it really makes my lashes look super long, and the brush (love the brush) coats my lashes evenly. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mavsfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love love this mascara... when the tube is fresh, that is.
Every once in a while, I get a tube that just seems so dry & flakey & then the next one will be fine.
I don't know if this is an issue with anyone else but still I wouldn't use anything else.
I have sparse lashes & this mascara makes me look like I am wearing falsies. I do wish that the mascara didn't dry out so quickly but it also doesn't run under my eyes like the DiorShow did.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nadiaporceddu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Wears all day, and then some if I happen to fall asleep with it on! Really lengthens, probably doesn't thicken them too much like the other reviewers have mentioned, but that works for me because they might look a bit over the top. I found it really curls them, although it may be more about the application than the product itself. The mascara goes on quickly and effortlessly and doesn't require a primer or excessive combing to get the lashes all facing the right direction. Will definitely recommend to others and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chovaleoni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

For me, this mascara was a huge letdown. Note: my eyelashes are thick, but could use a little extra volume and are on the medium-long side, just with very light tips.

I tried applying Iconic three different ways:

1. Straight away (no eyelash curling) since it's supposed to curl
2. Curled, minus lash primer
3. Curled plus lash primer

PROS:
-It stays on all day
-It doesn't smudge

CONS:
-It makes lashes feel gummy (primed and not)
-It does not lengthen whatsoever (even primed and curled)
-It's not a rich back (sadly, Loreal's black is blacker)
-The fact that it's supposed to lengthen/curl/volumize reminds me of a printer/fax/scanner i.e. it's a product that tries to do so many things, it falls flat in all areas

IMO, Iconic performed pathetically, given its price. Perhaps I got a bad tube, but I certainly won't buy another to find out.