September 21, 2014 | 1590 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Iconic High Definition Lash Curler Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mascara!
I had been wanting to try this for a while, and during the Sephora sale I finally took the plunge and bought it. No other mascara that I have tried comes close to Iconic, and I've tried a ton of different ones from drugstore to high end.

I always curl my lashes, because they don't do so naturally. Then I apply one coat or two coats, depending if I want my lashes to really look thick. It lengthens my lashes like no other and holds curl throughout the day. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's kinda hard to remove and takes some extra time with eye makeup remover so that I don't lose lashes.

I will definitely buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

This leaves your lashes looking very 'natural but better' as opposed to sky-high and made up. The perfect everyday mascara that doesn't irritate or leave me with raccoon eyes. Dior has definitely done it again with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by styx1231

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rotate through mascara's depending on my mood and the occasion, and this one is in my every-day mascara rotation. I love that it really makes my lashes look super long, and the brush (love the brush) coats my lashes evenly. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mavsfan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love love this mascara... when the tube is fresh, that is.
Every once in a while, I get a tube that just seems so dry & flakey & then the next one will be fine.
I don't know if this is an issue with anyone else but still I wouldn't use anything else.
I have sparse lashes & this mascara makes me look like I am wearing falsies. I do wish that the mascara didn't dry out so quickly but it also doesn't run under my eyes like the DiorShow did.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by nadiaporceddu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. Wears all day, and then some if I happen to fall asleep with it on! Really lengthens, probably doesn't thicken them too much like the other reviewers have mentioned, but that works for me because they might look a bit over the top. I found it really curls them, although it may be more about the application than the product itself. The mascara goes on quickly and effortlessly and doesn't require a primer or excessive combing to get the lashes all facing the right direction. Will definitely recommend to others and buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by chovaleoni

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

For me, this mascara was a huge letdown. Note: my eyelashes are thick, but could use a little extra volume and are on the medium-long side, just with very light tips.

I tried applying Iconic three different ways:

1. Straight away (no eyelash curling) since it's supposed to curl
2. Curled, minus lash primer
3. Curled plus lash primer

PROS:
-It stays on all day
-It doesn't smudge

CONS:
-It makes lashes feel gummy (primed and not)
-It does not lengthen whatsoever (even primed and curled)
-It's not a rich back (sadly, Loreal's black is blacker)
-The fact that it's supposed to lengthen/curl/volumize reminds me of a printer/fax/scanner i.e. it's a product that tries to do so many things, it falls flat in all areas

IMO, Iconic performed pathetically, given its price. Perhaps I got a bad tube, but I certainly won't buy another to find out.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by elaphunt

I love this mascara. It makes my lashes look soft and fuller. I don't think it does anything to curl or extend the curl of my lashes, but I like that it doesn't smudge! Too bad its so expensive though... as much as I love this product I can't justify the cost!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by AvaRoses

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst mascara I've ever purchased and was a total waste of $25 for me. I have thick eye lashes that are curled naturally. I mostly just wanted something that would look natural yet add a darker color to my lashes since they range from dark brown/black at the base to blond at the tips. For the first week this worked ok but I could only use it on my upper lashes and I still looked a bit too much like I was wearing fake lashes. Then after 3 weeks the mascara became thicker and I had a terrible clumping problem with the product. I screwed the mascara shut tightly after each use - so that can't be it. Putting it on was a time consuming process to remove the clumps without making my eye lashes stick together. After reading some more reviews of people who have my same lash type I bought Clinique's Naturally Glossy mascara and I'm much happier. So if you just want a darker lash color that looks natural and not like you have a lot of mascara on, I would at least save your receipt if you give this a try! I thought the brush was very nice - the formula was just too thick for me. My product should have been fine quality/date wise since I got it from Nordstroms.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by kenzierosaline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff, it looks amazing! Great colour, great length. Not super voluminous, but that's not what I'm after when I wear this. I would highly recommend it for girls with lots of eyelashes, who want length, amazing curl, length, and colour, and insane length. Also if you want length...

Seriously, I can't say it enough, it's like extensions on your lashes. Reeeeeeeeeally worth the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

WOW!
DRAMATIC LASHES INSTANTLY!

This mascara is awesome! It really makes my fine lashes look amazing. It holds a curl all day and lengthens a lot. Plus, it leaves my lashes flexible and soft, without compromising on effect. The only down side for me is the price. At $34 CDN it definitely delivers but, it really is way to expensive.