NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

on 6/28/2009 4:46:00 PM

Out of the many NARS blushes i have, this is one of my favorites. i pre-ordered it from the counter at Nordstroms for the Fall Preview last year. i almost didn't get it because i already have a NARS stash but i couldn't resist. i just love all the Dolce Vita products. Dolce Vita is like my Orgasm. i like that it's matte compared to NARS' other blushes. it's a lovely warm rose color and it can be applied sheer or you can build up the color. i just love how pigmented NARS blushes are. A little definitely goes a long way. i've had this blush for over a year and it still looks brand new. i've been using my blush in Deep Throat practically every day for the past year and a half and i barely put a dent in it. and the best part about NARS blushes is that they have great lasting power throughout the day. i would definitely buy this again but i don't think i would need to for a while.

on 6/8/2009 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Surprise surprise! I saw this horribly muddy dark brick colour in its pan, and I thought to myself, I must be nuts to buy this! I got this and Deep Throat from an online seller, so I pretty much got the 2 blushers at an extremely good deal. What the heck, I will just try the colour on, without too much enthusiasm if I may add.

But surprise surprise! This colour is FANTASTIC on my yellow tanned NC35 skintone! It gives me the most amazing "Just out of the gym/shower" look I have ever achieved with any one blush that I own. I love this colour to death. I am not even wanting to try Deep Throat now, cos I just want to put this on day after day.

This is a life saver, as it adds colour to my otherwise dead-fish face, and makes me look alive and happy! I wish I had used this on my wedding day (which is about 2 years ago) though....

on 6/4/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful blush. It gives you a natural rosy flush on my pale skin. It's matte and very pigmented, so I touch the surface with my 187 very lightly 2-3 times for each cheek and that's enough to give me a lightly flushed cheek. I usually add a lighter and brighter pink such as HK Tippy or Becca Sylph or Dior Tahiti Pink on the apples to finish the look off. I like the NARS packaging as it's small, sturdy and doesn't take up room.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i adore this blush! it is the perfect rosy shade. i love that its matte, which makes a look a bit more professional and you can play up shimmer on other parts of your face. the color is scary in the pan, but if you apply lightly it gives a stunning flush that is natural and not too dark. i highly recommend using a skunk brush, or duo fiber brush (my favorite is the sonia kashuk highlighting brush), which gives a fool-proof application for ridiculously pigmented blushes. dolce vita is incredibly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. if you don't use a skunk brush, only 1 light tap of a normal blush brush will do. because you only need a small amount of the blush per use, it will last a very long time; you will definitely get your money's worth!
i think this blush is also very universal. i have light skin, medium in the summer and it looks lovely on. but it would also be gorgeous on tanned skin or someone super fair. this is a truly great blush and i think everyone should try it!

on 5/19/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love Love Love this blush! Buildable color that can be sheered out as well....love Nars pkging when it comes to their blushes! Plus it has a mirror unlike MAC.....such a beautiful...plum color ..I'm NC50...its definately a must have for complexions like mine or darker....that I know for sure! I suggest giving it a try at a counter....u're bound to fall in love with it tho!

on 5/19/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

On me this is a gorgeous, plummy rose shade. It has buildable color and always looks just right, never over done. I wear NC35 concealer for my African-American skintone. This blush is one of my faves.

on 5/17/2009 8:42:00 AM

Me: NC15/ Chanel 0.5 Faience/ Dior 010. This looks a warm rose peachy red in the pan. On the skin it looks a warm natural rose glow. Not at all shimmery just glowy on my cheeks. I really love Nars blushes. Great colour payoff/pigment. I like to use my MAC 187 to buff this into my cheeks

on 5/5/2009 8:10:00 PM

I will try to keep this short :-).

DESCRIPTION:
- red berry, very slight shimmer, fairly warm, darker range

PROS:
- highly pigmented, smooth texture, not chalky, unique color, lasts forever

CONS:
- must be applied lightly, may look like a "rash" on lighter skins, especially if not applied correctly, expensive, redder than I expected

OVERALL: I really love the blush, although I prefer more plum blushes, but it is so lovely to have

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

Normally I steer clear of anything remotely warm, given my degree of paleness. And this always looked like a warm coral red with orangey tones, but I'm so glad I randomly picked this up one day and tested it on my hand. Lightly applied, it doesn't look warm at all, instead it's a very natural shade of rose red that you associate with winter cheeks.

NARS matte finishes seem to last longer than the shimmery ones, and boy does this last. It doesn't fade in intensity one bit, neither does it oxidize and darken on my combo skin. Color stays true all day and looks as good by the time you get home as you did leaving in the morning.

I have a tiny NARS blush collection but each one is dearly loved and used at least once a week. Desire is fresh and youthful, Sin is mature and classy, Dolce Vita is raw and sexy.

continued >>

on 4/27/2009 5:43:00 AM

Dolce Vita is such a gorgeous shade! I'm Asian with very yellow undertones, and this blush looks so natural (unlike Mata Hari, which was too rosy). It is perfect for a daytime look, since it has no shimmer. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way, so I probably wouldn't have to repurchase, but if it ever ran out I would in a heartbeat.

Top Rated NARS Products