April 19, 2014 | 1630 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by purplegloss

Love Love Love this blush! Buildable color that can be sheered out as well....love Nars pkging when it comes to their blushes! Plus it has a mirror unlike MAC.....such a beautiful...plum color ..I'm NC50...its definately a must have for complexions like mine or darker....that I know for sure! I suggest giving it a try at a counter....u're bound to fall in love with it tho!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Priestess05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

On me this is a gorgeous, plummy rose shade. It has buildable color and always looks just right, never over done. I wear NC35 concealer for my African-American skintone. This blush is one of my faves.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by pixibliss

Me: NC15/ Chanel 0.5 Faience/ Dior 010. This looks a warm rose peachy red in the pan. On the skin it looks a warm natural rose glow. Not at all shimmery just glowy on my cheeks. I really love Nars blushes. Great colour payoff/pigment. I like to use my MAC 187 to buff this into my cheeks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I will try to keep this short :-).

DESCRIPTION:
- red berry, very slight shimmer, fairly warm, darker range

PROS:
- highly pigmented, smooth texture, not chalky, unique color, lasts forever

CONS:
- must be applied lightly, may look like a "rash" on lighter skins, especially if not applied correctly, expensive, redder than I expected

OVERALL: I really love the blush, although I prefer more plum blushes, but it is so lovely to have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Normally I steer clear of anything remotely warm, given my degree of paleness. And this always looked like a warm coral red with orangey tones, but I'm so glad I randomly picked this up one day and tested it on my hand. Lightly applied, it doesn't look warm at all, instead it's a very natural shade of rose red that you associate with winter cheeks.

NARS matte finishes seem to last longer than the shimmery ones, and boy does this last. It doesn't fade in intensity one bit, neither does it oxidize and darken on my combo skin. Color stays true all day and looks as good by the time you get home as you did leaving in the morning.

I have a tiny NARS blush collection but each one is dearly loved and used at least once a week. Desire is fresh and youthful, Sin is mature and classy, Dolce Vita is raw and sexy.

continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by reesespeeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dolce Vita is such a gorgeous shade! I'm Asian with very yellow undertones, and this blush looks so natural (unlike Mata Hari, which was too rosy). It is perfect for a daytime look, since it has no shimmer. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way, so I probably wouldn't have to repurchase, but if it ever ran out I would in a heartbeat.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I was not attracted by this blush when I first saw all the NARS blushes lined on the counter, but when I tested it on my hand, I instantly fell in love with it. It is sort of a brick-red color, but it is very sophisticated and mature on my face. Most of the blushes I use basically brighten my face and give a nice sheen , but this one, it makes me feel more feminine and delicate. Absolutely love this! But, it is very very pigmented, so you must be careful when using it and take time to blend very well. The color payoff is just amazing, though I said I would repurchase this stuff, but I don't think I can ever run out of this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dolce Vita blush was released with the NARS fall collection back in 2008. It's a warm dusty rose. It is not shimmery which makes it a very natural looking blush color.

It is super pigmented. So be careful when applying (especially if you are, like me, a fair blonde), you only need a very small amount to achieve that healthy just-got-in-from-the-cold look. I recommend using a skunk brush when applying. Since I have to be careful when I apply it this is not a blush I apply when I'm in a hurry. The first time I used it I applied too much which is a mistake I will not make again. Seriously this is the most pigmented blush I've ever come across. Keep that in mind when applying.

When carefully applied this blush is just gorgeous on the cheeks. I'd definitely repurchase! Though I don't think I won't have to since a little product goes a very long way. I think this blush will last me a lifetime considering how little you have to use each time.

As always with NARS blushes the quality is amazing. The staying power is fantastic and the packaging is classic chic with a mirror in the lid. I give it four lippies just because it is not as pretty as some other NARS favorites such as Deep Throat for example. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by yamyam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So pigmented!! Think of it this way the less product you have on the more natural it will look, tapping the brush lightly on the blush will give you enough color for your cheeks, making them look genuinely flushed. The color is just gorgeous, perfect for everyday look, though more suitable for fall and winter. When anyone asks for suggestions on blushes, this is the one i recommend. Would buy it again, lol in fact i have a backup.
more people should be trying this blush!!!!! i dont want it to be dc

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by HilaryofPoitiers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mata Hari is my fave Nars blush but I bought Dolce Vita yesterday and I can't be more happy! On me (NW20) it gives me a nice healthy flush but if I put too much it can look a bit muddy. I apply DV with my #168 (you just need a little b/c it is very pigmented) and then I blend it out with my #187. I think it would look great with my pink, plum and cool red lippies! (today i'm wearing it with Dragon Girl Velvet Lip Matte and looks amazing!)