October 31, 2014 | 1173 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by seleneheartsmac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i adore this blush! it is the perfect rosy shade. i love that its matte, which makes a look a bit more professional and you can play up shimmer on other parts of your face. the color is scary in the pan, but if you apply lightly it gives a stunning flush that is natural and not too dark. i highly recommend using a skunk brush, or duo fiber brush (my favorite is the sonia kashuk highlighting brush), which gives a fool-proof application for ridiculously pigmented blushes. dolce vita is incredibly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. if you don't use a skunk brush, only 1 light tap of a normal blush brush will do. because you only need a small amount of the blush per use, it will last a very long time; you will definitely get your money's worth!
i think this blush is also very universal. i have light skin, medium in the summer and it looks lovely on. but it would also be gorgeous on tanned skin or someone super fair. this is a truly great blush and i think everyone should try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by purplegloss

Love Love Love this blush! Buildable color that can be sheered out as well....love Nars pkging when it comes to their blushes! Plus it has a mirror unlike MAC.....such a beautiful...plum color ..I'm NC50...its definately a must have for complexions like mine or darker....that I know for sure! I suggest giving it a try at a counter....u're bound to fall in love with it tho!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Priestess05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

On me this is a gorgeous, plummy rose shade. It has buildable color and always looks just right, never over done. I wear NC35 concealer for my African-American skintone. This blush is one of my faves.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by pixibliss

Me: NC15/ Chanel 0.5 Faience/ Dior 010. This looks a warm rose peachy red in the pan. On the skin it looks a warm natural rose glow. Not at all shimmery just glowy on my cheeks. I really love Nars blushes. Great colour payoff/pigment. I like to use my MAC 187 to buff this into my cheeks

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

I will try to keep this short :-).

DESCRIPTION:
- red berry, very slight shimmer, fairly warm, darker range

PROS:
- highly pigmented, smooth texture, not chalky, unique color, lasts forever

CONS:
- must be applied lightly, may look like a "rash" on lighter skins, especially if not applied correctly, expensive, redder than I expected

OVERALL: I really love the blush, although I prefer more plum blushes, but it is so lovely to have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Normally I steer clear of anything remotely warm, given my degree of paleness. And this always looked like a warm coral red with orangey tones, but I'm so glad I randomly picked this up one day and tested it on my hand. Lightly applied, it doesn't look warm at all, instead it's a very natural shade of rose red that you associate with winter cheeks.

NARS matte finishes seem to last longer than the shimmery ones, and boy does this last. It doesn't fade in intensity one bit, neither does it oxidize and darken on my combo skin. Color stays true all day and looks as good by the time you get home as you did leaving in the morning.

I have a tiny NARS blush collection but each one is dearly loved and used at least once a week. Desire is fresh and youthful, Sin is mature and classy, Dolce Vita is raw and sexy.

continued >>

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by reesespeeses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Dolce Vita is such a gorgeous shade! I'm Asian with very yellow undertones, and this blush looks so natural (unlike Mata Hari, which was too rosy). It is perfect for a daytime look, since it has no shimmer. It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way, so I probably wouldn't have to repurchase, but if it ever ran out I would in a heartbeat.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

I have yet to figure out how this shade can work on my skin tone. The quality of the blush is good, though generally speaking I am not crazy about the extreme pigmentation Nars matte blushes offer because it's a bit difficult to control when applying. Nonetheless, the biggest issue I have with this is the shade, not the blush itself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dolce Vita blush was released with the NARS fall collection back in 2008. It's a warm dusty rose. It is not shimmery which makes it a very natural looking blush color.

It is super pigmented. So be careful when applying (especially if you are, like me, a fair blonde), you only need a very small amount to achieve that healthy just-got-in-from-the-cold look. I recommend using a skunk brush when applying. Since I have to be careful when I apply it this is not a blush I apply when I'm in a hurry. The first time I used it I applied too much which is a mistake I will not make again. Seriously this is the most pigmented blush I've ever come across. Keep that in mind when applying.

When carefully applied this blush is just gorgeous on the cheeks. I'd definitely repurchase! Though I don't think I won't have to since a little product goes a very long way. I think this blush will last me a lifetime considering how little you have to use each time.

As always with NARS blushes the quality is amazing. The staying power is fantastic and the packaging is classic chic with a mirror in the lid. I give it four lippies just because it is not as pretty as some other NARS favorites such as Deep Throat for example. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by yamyam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So pigmented!! Think of it this way the less product you have on the more natural it will look, tapping the brush lightly on the blush will give you enough color for your cheeks, making them look genuinely flushed. The color is just gorgeous, perfect for everyday look, though more suitable for fall and winter. When anyone asks for suggestions on blushes, this is the one i recommend. Would buy it again, lol in fact i have a backup.
more people should be trying this blush!!!!! i dont want it to be dc