October 25, 2014 | 1324 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Flavor Cherry

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 6:24:00 AM More reviews by chesmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

For me, this works. I'm NW20 (fair skin, pink undertones) with hazel to green eyes and brunette hair. I don't think this is a chapped lips treatment but a good tinted balm for a pop of color when your lips are in decent shape. I've tried it with my lips more chapped and frankly, it doesn't wear as well. I also love a smidge of this warmed between my fingers and dabbed on my cheeks for a flush of natural color. Caveats: if you have the right coloring, this is a good tinted balm; if your lips aren't overly chapped, it's great for color, and I wouldn't recommend the cheek trick if you have acne or overly sensitive skin in that area. Will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product really didn't work for me. I am not sure if it was my skintone or what. My first intentions for this product was to have a nice tinted lip balm. But when I applied this, my lips looked like a total clown! The red was just to intense. The product is also not moisturizing at all. The only good things about this product is that it smells delicious (like a cherry candy) and the lipstick-like packaging. Even for $2.99 from CVS, I don't think this product was worth it. I do not recommend this if you want a light red lip color or you want a better tinted lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by breathecaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this sooo much! It tastes and smells exactly like red cherry popsicles, it gives a pretty natural red flush to my lips (and i sometimes double it up as a cheek tint) and it lasts a pretty long time. I would buy this again (:

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Lizzie918

OK, could there be a better lip balm ever?! It moisturizes like a dream, tastes good, has a nice color, and wears really well. It's all the pretty of a gloss/lipstick without the yucky taste, bad moisturizing, hassle, or stickiness (YUCK!)....I love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by riyeu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good moisturization and highly pigmented (for a chapstick).

Color is a transparent popsicle red with a faint shimmer. I can't wear red lip products but because this red is pretty see-through and light, it works on me. On first application, it is quite a bright popsicle red (which I am not necessarily a fan of). But the popsicle-ness dies down later and you end up with a natural light-red/fushia pink stain.

The packaging is cute except I find the width of the product (the chapstick itself) too wide which makes for sloppy application, especially if you have smaller lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by tifferifficxo

love love love this. my HG chapstick (along with KoM). super moisturizing & i love the tint it leaves on my lips. the red flush makes me look healthy & vibrant. i love the smell too. the only thing is if you're not careful, the packaging is a bit flimsy & may be prone to cracking. other than that, i will continue to buy these chapsticks over & over again :]

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by idunnowhatever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this product on a whim. I love my tinted lip balms and thought I'd try this. I have to say that the color is really red. But I actually found this product more useful as a lip tint than a balm. What I do is apply it on my lips, leave it on for a bit and wipe some off. It leaves a nice color and is not drying at all, unlike most liquid lip tints. This is a really great alternative!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Katz17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was quite disappointed in this product. I loved the original Nivea a kiss of moisture, and so I decided I was going to try this one as well. This was much too red to look natural. It was the exact same color as the tube. It really stains your lips and makes it look like you just sucked on a SUPER red Popsicle. It`s wayy to red for me personally and the color just didnt work for me at all. However, the texture was perfect. It felt just right. Not too waxy, just perfect. The smell was amazing too. Very fruity. It`s a shame I didn`t like the colour. This could have turned out to be an amazing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by evelynhg1107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have fairly pale lips and was looking for a tinted lip balm that is moisturizing enough not to set into my lines. This one is perfect! It's a little red but delivers the rosy tint I was looking for. It's also extremely moisturizing unlike the Nivea Pearl & Shine. It also doesn't have that gross sweet taste to it. Overall, a great and convenient lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 2:24:00 PM More reviews by TrippyPixie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I love this stuff! I was looking for a daily lip balm that looked like a more pigmented version of Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm, and this is it. I got it at CVS at a very inexpensive price, though it was a bit tricky to find. (I found it packaged by all of the other Nivea products, not by other lip balms like I thought they would be.)

You know how most tinted lip balms are in overly pigmented, fake colors? Well, this one isn't. When putting on one coat, it goes on rather sheer; however, you can build up the color by adding more coats. Also, if you're in a cinch, you can use your fingers to apply this to your cheeks as a blush. The color is a cool light red at first, but later fades to a reddish-pink color. The more layers of this you put on your lips, the brighter and more vibrant the shade will be.

This is very smooth, and it smells sweet, like cherry or cranberry popsicles. It reminds me of long, nice summers by the pool! (It smells very nice to me, but others might not agree.) It doesn't taste like anything, for those of you who want to know. I'll also add that I love the packaging on this.

All in all, I absolutely love this stuff! It looks great with Smith's Minted Rose Lip Balm over it, or with Bonne Bell VitaGloss2O A Splash of Color in Sheer Strawberry on top. The only thing that I wish it had was SPF, though. That's the only downside that I see to this product. Otherwise, I absolutely love it.