August 21, 2014 | 1851 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like many others, I got a sample of this from Allure. I tried it after a few days and really liked it a lot. The brush is probably the best I've ever seen. It has the plastic and synthetic spikes so it separates lashes wonderfully. It is a bit difficult to use it properly the first few times, but eventually one gets used to the twisting motion.
The mascara thickens very well but doesn't lengthen a lot - which was not a problem for me since I have relatively long lashes as it is. It seems a bit more "greasy" than other mascaras so it is harder to wash off, but comes off just fine with makeup remover. It does also flake a little bit, but nothing major; I didn't think that was a huge problem.

Overall I really like it and would use it if I didn't know of other mascaras that produce the same results yet cost significantly less. I did save the brush after I threw away the tube because it works great and separates lashes like no other.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by salsabrosa

I think I may just have found my HG mascara. I've always used drugstore brand mascaras and some have worked out pretty great...but then I received a sample tube of this Chanel mascara.

Ladies, it takes a bit of practice with the brush to get it right, but OMG, I love it so much. I can cover every tiny hair with the brush. I don't just wiggle the brush through the lashes, I wiggle and rotate the brush since it has separate combs on each side.

I have naturally long lashes. They're not full, but this mascara makes them stand out so much more than any mascara I've ever used. It does not weigh them down for me at all.

CONS:
- Price! Too expensive for a product you should throw out in 6 months.
- A little harder to wash off than other mascaras I've used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:45:00 PM More reviews by enialennyl

I love this mascara. Doesn't irritate my eyes (I wear contacts). No clumps, no flakes, no raccoon eyes. Tried all four colors, my fav is the navy shade (marine). One of the best mascaras I've tried!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It gives a good volume if you use it properly (you have a video on Chanel web site with instructions how to use it) but I don't want to bother with it.

If you are in a hurry you can make a mess with this mascara, it is really not the most practical mascara in the world (Inimitable mascara brush is my favorite). The brush is bulky, a bit complicated concept and I am really not very fond of it. It smudges if you don't take care, especially on lower lashes. I won't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by chickflickhehe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a few months now and it's underwhelming, especially considering the high price tag. I curl with Shu Uemura's curler (I have for years) and when I put on this Chanel mascara it weighs down my lashes and seems to DE-curl them! It adds the slightest bit of volume with three coats and lengthens only slightly. My main complaints are that it does not help the curl to stay, and the wand is terrible at separating lashes. It also does not have much staying power at all; you'll see little flecks of black near your eyes sooner or later, especially if it's raining/very humid/you rub your eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by sarahcinnamon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you want long, full, spidery lashes - this is not for you. It took me 3 layers to get a decent full lash look. I received a small sample tube from Allure magazine and I liked this for an every day look so I purchased the full-sized tube. It's expensive and very average in my opinion. I purchased in December 2008 and used it almost regularly and it's still going strong and hasn't dried out so maybe the price is worth its longevity. I won't repurchase because I like the false eyelash look that I get with drugstore brand mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by joneju

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved a smaple of this mascara at the Chanel counter and thought I wouldn't use it. But when I ran out of my last tube of Dior I decided to give it a try. I love this mascara! I was blessed with extremely long lashes and this just glides on. It did take a couple of tries to get use to the brush but I have that issue with any new brush. It is a little expensive but worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nothing special. Wouldn't bother buying again. The formula itself is fine but feel it is the brush that lets it down.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for my birthday in November and have used it completely (I must say, it did dry out very fast; it was very dry when I threw it away). (BTW: I threw this out at the end of January-ish.) It was very pretty at first, and did a great job at not smudging, but did flake a bit with all-day wear. Innovative brush, but I will not be buying again because the formula is generally very dry and prone to flaking. Not worth it for the insane price.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by fairymoore

I received this product from Allure magazine, so I cant say that I paid the 25+ price for it. Basically it was a sample size, but decent for a sample. I have some pros, but also cons with the mascara. I liked the color, which was a basic black, and it did give some lift to my lashes. The con was, it did not last that long, and towards the end I did have flaking. If the mascara were under 20$ it would be a pretty good mascara, but for the price that it does cost, I would not buy it. I can name many mascaras that work better and are a lot cheaper than 25$