October 20, 2014 | 1647 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - brightening eyeshadow quad - drama

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by eiffadea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

i got this for free from my sigma makeup brushes kit..i didn't even bother to use it the first few days i got it..so i just leave it in my makeup bag untouched..and 1 day i left home without makeup on and my friends ask me out for dinner..i have no other eyeshadows to put on but this..so i took the chance, and boy i was sooo wrong..this stuff is great..blends easily and last the whole night with primer underneath..but if u have a lot other makeup stuff, you can get over without it..cz it has like basic colors for smokey look..but if u r a beginner, it's a must..try it..you'll be happy..=)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by 7954

this was the first ELF product I ever tried and I am SOO impressed. the silver/gray shade has become one of my favorite eyeshadows, and I think it looks amazing with blue eyes. also I'm so impressed with the matte white this comes with! great pigmentation. don't try to depot these though, ELF obviously saves money by using like.. tin foil for pans lol; I broke the black while trying to depot it :( anyways I will rebuy this quad for suuure! and I'm even motivated to try other ELF products :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossom65

great deal for a dollar.. dont love the texture.. really gotta be light with your hand. shadow is way soft.. but overall.. good color payoff and blendable.. great for traveling! definitely use with a base..

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jstrake1

I'm a bit torn on this shadow...it's very pigmented and the colors compliment each other very well, on the downside I'm not thrilled by the texture. The white is chalky so stay away from that one and use a light hand on the 2 silver colors because it looks a little to disco-drag queen when use generously. The black is nice and blendable. Overall this quad is pretty decent and you really can't beat the price

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by steffmd25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was very surprised to see the high ratings for this eyeshadow. My feelings are very different. I used this today and I wasn't that pleased at all. The eyeshadows are chalky and not very pigmented at all. It took me forever to get enough gray to cover my lid, and I still wasn't pleased with the results. Thankfully I didn't pay the $1 for this shadow, I received it as an extra in a swap.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by andrea0611

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

$1 ... Nice!
The black is highly pigmented! White is not bad, easily becomes chaulky if you apply too much. The lighter gray is too disco- y for me, but the darker gray is nice for the lid. Def would purchase again, for a buck you can get several and leave em at work, in the car, etc...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These colors are actually really pigmented, with the exception of the white. I don't use the white at all because it's just sheer and chalky, it's also the one matte color. My only complaint is that the colors are a bit too shimmery. When I put them on they can look a bit garish, so I have yet to wear them outside of the house. I think they would make for a really nice dramatic night look, but I don't feel that I can pull off dramatic looks.

But still a really nice buy for a smokey look for only a dollar.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by colles09

Okay side from the fact that I love the colors that come in this little quad, the textures of them and their pigmentation is amazing. Some people don't like the softness of the eyshadow but I love it because it blends well and it just comes on so soft. I was surprised that something so cheap could be smooth.
Another thing is that a little goes a LONG way, especially with the black. One little dab and that's all you need to work with.
Defientley purchasing again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by rasberryrose

Good. I use this with UDPP which makes any eyeshadow a long lasting one (Note: Even Urban Decay's eyeshadows don't last long on me without UDPP). The white is very white, not really sure about the two mid colors as I haven't used them. I purchased this for the darkest color, which looks black online, but is actually a super dark purple. I like using the Purple to thinly line my top and bottom lids (very thinly, my boyfriend and family say that I look angry if I use much of any dark liner) Works well on my slight hazel eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by samlovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This gives great results! I highly recommend using a good eyeshadow primer beforehand, and also to use good brushes. These ELF quads won't give amazing results without good tools so don't use the sponge applicators you get with them. With MACs 217 brush in particular, you get a great blended smoky crease; comparable to using any MAC shadows in my opinion. Absolutely love this and for 1.50 it's a steal!