September 21, 2014 | 951 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

I am a huge fan of KVD! However...honestly I will tell you that this is only good if you have NO neutrals in your collection. I happen to have many...but bought this solely due to the fact that KVD came out w/it.

I have bought all of her ES compilations...love each and every one. But 4 me it's a matter of being a fan...not always the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by purplecraze

I love this palette. I was very impressed with the feel, staying power, and pigmentation of the eyeshadows. The colors in this palette make for very pretty neutral looks that can be added to for a more dramatic look. I am very happy with this palette and will be purchasing more palettes from Kat Von D. I would definitely purchase this palette again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a neutral palette with Kat Von D's line, this would be the PERFECT palette. You can pull the neutral look, yet use earth-toned colors at the same time. Plus, it's super pigmented and perfect for traveling!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by medicredfearn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually a really great palette for anyone who likes neutrals and greens. Which just happen to be 2 of my favorites:D This palette is great for creating so many different looks and the eyeshadows themselves are smooth, pigmented and not too shimmery. I'm NC40 and of all the colors only one doesn't show up well on it's own. But a good base solves that problem.

It lasts long, too! For the price, it's really not so bad when you consider how much product you're getting. Here are some pictures showing an EOTD I did using the greens in this palette and some swatches. The swatches were done on my bare skin without any base and indoor lighting without flash.

continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2009 12:28:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this & the Beethoven palette at the same time. I was expecting to use Beethoven far more but, surprisingly, I reach for Ludwig more often.
Beautiful colours that are well pigmented & last all day (I use TFSI as a base). I'm very much in a green phase right now so that side of the palette is getting a lot of love. Orbi is a gorgeous olive green that makes for a beautiful smoky eye.
The textures are fantastic. Very soft & easily blended without getting muddy. Even the two matte colours blend superbly. I was surprised to find myself liking the matte brown, Leather, quite so much. I'm not into browns but this one is dark enough to help create a smoky eye. It has no red tones to it so it doesn't make me look sore or bruised.
I've even found myself wearing Baroque quite a bit. It's the sort of shade I'd normally avoid because it is quite warm but someone I can still pull it off.
Packaging is to die for, beautiful rose design on the front & it's very sturdy too. Good sized mirror in the lid.
The brushes included aren't much use for applying the shadows but will do in a pinch for lining with.
Fantastic palette that can give you a variety of looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by zreyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I orderd this product and was really excited to receive it. The 8 colors (six shimmery and two mattes--black and brown) are well pigmented that I just had to lightly touch my eyeshadow brush (I haven't used the two small brushes that came with it due to its small size). So far I have used tequila, clay, downtown, and the baroque to create a daytime smokey eye. It's very easy to use and you can mix and match the colors. I also have very sensitive eyes and so far my eyes have not itched a bit. The packaging is very sophisticated with the black case and silver floral design.The mirror inside is the same length as the case so it's pretty big compared to some other palettes that I've seen. I'm glad that I purchased this palette and I will definitely buy this again. (I highly suggest this for women with brown/hazel eyes...the green will make your eye color pop!)

update: staying power is awesome! (with or without using a lid primer)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't understand all the hype. Yeah, the colors are great on all of the palettes. Yeah, they're highly pigmented. NO, they don't blend well. NO, they are not easy to work with. Too dusty and tremendous fallout makes all the Kat Von D palettes a no-go with me. Sad because I really do like the colors. Ben Nye is much higher quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am pretty hesitant on ever finding a eye shadow palette where I'd use ALL colors in it. AND I FOUND IT WITH THIS! Actually, I also have Beethoven and use all of those too!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these eye shadows! Definitely my go to looks. You can create dramatic smokey eyes, or for a fun day look, just use the colors (in Beethoven, the blues and purples, or in Ludwig, the green and bronzes). Its very versatile. If you want you can use the black or dark brown as a liner too.

It is $34 for a palette at Sephora, but it is a great investment, as I stated earlier - I use EVERY color in it, so I'm definitely getting my money's worth.

The color payoff is great. I'm pretty tan so my skin absorbs color and these show up well, and I can layer it on to intensify the color. The staying power is okay too - then again I always use a primer. With a primer (I never tried it without) it doesn't crease and it lasts all day, doesn't fade.

The combination of colors make it so easy too. Before I would be confused as to which colors would go well together. With these palettes it makes it easy to create a look. I can't say it enough, I really do love these palettes!

I LOVE these eye shadows. I LOVE all her palettes! I have Ludwig and Beethoven and I love them both so much!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Navessa

i have 2 of Kat's palettes. this is my fav! i can do a green smokey eye or a bronze one. while this palette isn't "cheap", for the pigmentation and pretty colors, i would buy it again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Count me in amongst the lovers! This is surprisingly a VERY nice palette! Not only are the eyeshadow colors nice, but they are nicely pigmented and long-lasting over a base. I kept eyeing the Beethoven palette for months, but decided on the Ludwig because it seemed more practical for my needs and coloring (NW20- hazel eyes). Glad I chose Ludwig, because every color looks good on my lids. I don't remember the names of the colors off the top of my head, but the two greens (2nd & 3rd) from the left and the light gold color (4th away from the right) are super pretty, mix well together, and brought out the green in my hazel eyes. This kit is convenient for travel, too, as long as you bring your own brushes... because the ones included in this palette are laughable.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No