Revlon Just Enough Buff

3.5

on 3/13/2009 5:35:00 AM

I was going to purchase Nude Attitude since I heard so many good things about it, but when I got to the store I thought it looked a little too nude and matte for my taste. Just Enough Buff is a tiny step up from Nude Attitude with just a hint of shimmer. It's perfect for a nude lip and easily layers with a lip gloss if you want more shine. Love it, an absolute must for a nude lip!

on 3/12/2009 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this lipstick just recently, and although it isn't too bad, it doesn't seem to be what i had been expecting overall : [. For me this shade is very similar to my natural lip color, except it seems to add more of an orange tone, which is why i think i'm not really comfortable with it. Even though the texture of this feels pretty soft to me, it has made my lips feel a bit uncomfortable for some reason; there was a very mild burning sensation which i haven't experienced before. I'm not sure if this feeling could go away on its own with time, if i got used to wearing it more often? I'm not sure what to think about this..
Overall, i think this color could be wearable for many people, but i find that it's the orange tones in it that aren't really working for me. I don't think i will be repurchasing this but i will update if there are any changes!
other info: i have light olive skin, and around NC25

on 2/27/2009 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If the matte shade Nude attitude is too matte for you, then this is your best friend. The shades are very similar, only this is easier to pull off. It has a creamy smooth texture, and some slight sheen.

on 2/21/2009 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This isn't my favorite SL lipstick, but I love Revlon products, anyway. This is a very sheer and creamy, milky nude shade. I need to put on a couple swipes to see the color. Easy to apply and would complement lots of lip colors and glosses, which is what I like to do. I'm sold!

on 2/20/2009 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I've done it again! Bought a lipstick that looked pretty in the tube, and awful on me. I am a light olive medium complexion and this doesn't even show up on me except to look like I have on some cheap lip gloss that has almost faded off. If I work like crazy (blotting, reapplying etc) I can get the color to come through and even then it is only just an 'OK' color. I've been looking like crazy for a warm buff and this isn't it for me.

on 2/17/2009 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great lipstick. Not TOO nude to wash you out and make you look scary, but enough to brighten the other features of your face. Compliments my skin tone quite well. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

on 12/22/2008 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gorgeous nude color and a great alternative to "Almost Nude," which was just a slip too dark for my NC15 complexion. The only problem with this one was it wasn't nearly as pigmented, so I really had to slather it on for it to cover all the pigment in my lips. If they had made it a tad bit thicker, it would've been wonderful!

on 11/30/2008 3:19:00 PM

Just Enough Buff was released sometime in the summer of 2008 and is a permanent color.

The name of this nude lipstick is quite accurate. There really is just enough buff in this lipstick so that it doesn't wash me out (as many nudes tend to do). In the tube, this lipstick looks like a pale, neutral-toned peachy cream without any pink or orange tones. Revlon categorizes this lipstick as a "creme" as opposed to a "pearl." This lipstick, however, is unlike the typical Revlon creme lipstick because it has silver microsparkles but fortunately, they barely show up when applied on my lips. Unlike the typical nude Revlon "creme" lipsticks (e.g. Nude Velvet, Almost Nude), Just Enough Buff is not opaque and pigmented - it's a little more on the sheer side. It imparts a subtle sheen on my lips - an attractive feature as the sheen doesn't make the color look flat. On my pigmented lips, Just Enough Buff is a pretty, muted peach (with some pink as a result of my pigmented lips).

I respectfully disagree with the reviewer below who said that this is similar to MAC's 3N lipstick. I have 3N and find that Just Enough Buff suits me better as Just Enough Buff has more peach in it (3N, on the other hand, has more pink).

This is a great nude for those of you who have problems finding a good nude lipstick. I will definitely repurchase if I run out of this color. FYI, the texture of this lipstick is similar to another 2008 release from Revlon called Wink for Pink (neutral to cool-toned pale pink).

For reference, I have light skin with neutral to warm undertones, MAC NC 20 to 25. I wear a combination of Revlon CS foundation in Buff and Sand Beige.

on 9/22/2008 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

ok so, this is a gorgeous nude color. I'm so excited that revlon came out with a wearable nude lip color. All other nude colors by them are way too orange on me. This is HG nude on me. Perfection and it's very close to 3N by MAC! I know!! I'm excited about that because I loved that color and it was limited edition. This is great on my NC30-35 skin tone. Well give it a try :) you won't be disappointed (I hope!)
UPDATE: The reviewer above is so right this is not like 3N exactly. After a while using the 2 I agree that 3N does have so much more pink in it but I love both just the same!

Recommended for Medium Skin