October 22, 2014 | 1694 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by lrntn

Just discovered this on a recent trip to Japan and I love it. Feels matte and like nothing on. I haven't used it long enough and so can't say whether it eventually causes breakouts or not, like some have said. Wish I'd bought a whole case in Japan! If anyone knows where to get this in the US, without going to eBay, please respond!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

The one that I bought was Bright Face Milk SPF50+ (pink bottle). When I tried it on my hands, it felt good because it gave a matte finish and was totally sheer. However, when I tried it on my face, my skin stings everytime and rather badly due to its high alcohol content. In addition, I had tiny spots popping out of my face ever since I used this product. Bottomline is this sunblock should only be recommended to those with oily skin....people with normal/dry skin shouldn't use this product as it is too drying!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by dilistic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in white and i really like this sunscreen. I have eczema and a condition called Pityriasis Alba, which means that i'd get white spots on my cheeks and the skin around my lips will darken if i'm exposed to prolonged sunlight. As a result, the dermatologist advised me to always use a sunscreen on my face. I've been using this product ever since i started getting the spots which was a year ago and i haven't had one since. My skin looks perfectly normal.

It does cast a white sheen if you use too much but if you wait about 20 minutes before using any other makeup product it looks like bare skin.

I've heard that the alcohol caused some people to break out but that didn't happen to me.

I plan to try the Biore UV Bright Face Milk next. (Pink bottle)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by midorisour

This review is for the white bottle.

This is my HG sunscreen. For 5 years, I used the Sofina suncreen and experienced clogged pores and blemishes. I couldn't figure out why my skin was so bad when I took care of it religiously until early 2009. Yes, I used a cleansing oil every night to take off the sunscreen and makeup. I continued to use Sofina, thinking that all (Japanese) suncreens will give me a the same pore clogging results. Well, this is not the case with the Biore sunscreen. Texture wise and wear-ability, it's identical to Sofina. Maybe even a touch less greasy/siliconey during initial application. The big difference is that this sunscreen does not clog your pores like Sofina. It's a little harder to find, but well worth the effort. I wish I switched sooner.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 3:31:00 AM More reviews by asianista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product on and off for years, specially the unreviewed (wait till I get my 20 reviews !!!) lil' blue bottle by Biore.
    It is a bit drying like other ladies noticed, and my main critic about this product is the slight irritation it causes to my sensitive eyes.
    I use this mostly in Asia during the summer, which tends to be hot and sticky. It does give a nice matte finish to my skin and I have to admit in the summer, more often than not I use it as a makeup base!!!!
    I did notice on some occasions some mini pimples occuring under my eyes, always at the same spot.
    I'd recommend this product for a vacation at the beach, but NOT for daily/city wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by liyan90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG sunscreen.This sunscreen not only has HIGH SPF,it helps in oil-controlling too!!!! i've got really oily skin and the weather in singapore is almost sunny all year round!

I wear this sunscreen everyday and it does not break me out at all:) my skin feels smoother after applying it..and it keeps my face away from shine...

a note to dry skin ppl**
    The sunscreen in white bottle is defintely NOT RECCOMENDED for ppl with dry skin!!

i'm on my 2nd bottle already.The price is very reasonable,i paid mine @ 8.50SGD.i pray hard that biore would manufacture this FOREVER!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by e_L_L_e

This is the one in the pink bottle called Bright Face Milk. It is 30mL. I purchased it for USD$10.50+shipping online. It comes out a pale pink liquid. Once applied to the skin, it evens out my skin tone just a touch without looking visibly white or pink. It's not as drying as Sofina perfect UV, so I prefer this over sofina and because it's cheaper. But still, this was slightly drying. When I miss exfoliation, it definitely accentuated flakes and dry patches. I will try the Moist face milk version next; perhaps that'll be less drying. I thought this was a great primer for makeup due to its silicone content. As for removal, you absolutely must use an oil-based cleanser. This is definitely HG material.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by geektastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the older version (white bottle and lid, no blue at all), in China this summer (60 rmb for the 1oz bottle ~ $9 :D), and it's excellent - definitely similar to Sofina but much cheaper. It is very matte and long-lasting with a slight white cast. My only warning is how drying it is (and the newer version is even drier!)...I found it not dry enough when I was in super super hot/humid Shanghai, but upon returning to the US I can't use it without feeling dry. So this will definitely be a staple for super humid areas, but otherwise I'll probably buy one of Mentholatum's alcohol-free fluids.
    PS: If you look at the ingredients, you'll see no real comodogenic culprits...people who break out from this are likely either not fully removing it (I concede it is difficult; cleansing oil recommended) or can't use cones.

I can't post the ingredients translations (she asked not to), so check em out here http://ratzilla.wordpress.com/?s=biore+perfect+milk (click each entry for expanded view - pictures, etc.) continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Jyoan

I love this. It has everything that a good sunscreen should have. The higher than 30 SPF, PA+++, and both UVA and UVB protection. Plus, it comes in a milk-water mixture, making it so light and comfortable on the skin. For me, the 30ml can go a really long way of about 2 and a half years, as I have been using milk-water mixture sunscreen all along from another Japanese brand. At only $11.10 from Guardian, it is very affordable for an all-encompassing sunscreen. I bought the pink one for whitening.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2009 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Greenteamint

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Biore sunblock i have tried is the white & blue one. Im sure this is the real deal since its made in Japan!!! Too bad I would have rated it a perfect 5 if only there is an easy way to remove it. I have to more than double cleansed my face. I have tried cleansing oil, facial wipes, loreal make up remover followed by foam cleanser. It still leaves a white residue in my fingernails when i tried running my fingernails over my face. Indeed its the best oil free & lasting sunblock i tried so far....but the cleansing part is just too tiring!