October 1, 2014 | 1164 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by bratalier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just got this in a package from Hong Kong (cheers to BoBoDave and their most excellent customer service!), and am glad to say it will be part of my summer arsenal here in the deep south. I used Sofina Perfect UV Lucent until it was discontinued. This feels VERY close to the Sofina, and I love it for long summer weekends outside. I am also trying Fancl Sunguard 30 for everyday facial use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by GeekChick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was searching for a replacement for my discontinued HG, Sofina Lucent, and I think this is it! (This would also make a good replacement for Shiseido SPF 55 Lotion, except Shiseido had a lot more fragrance.) This sunscreen has a very watery texture, and dries almost instantly to a matte, almost powdery finish. I hardly have to wait any time at all before applying my mineral makeup! It's also very mattifying for my super oily skin -- while nothing keeps me matte all day, this sunscreen (and Sofina) keeps me matte longer than anything else I've tried! You will need an oil cleanser to thoroughly remove it, but it's worth it for the mattifying power. It also has no noticeable scent, which is great since I'm allergic to many fragrances! It has not broken me out so far (I've used it for at least a week now), and it does not irritate my skin at all (some sunscreens sting when I apply them). I encourage anyone with oily skin to give this a try!

UPDATE: My acne seems to have improved since switching from Sofina to this sunscreen. Coincidence? I also switched foundations (from one mineral brand to another) at about the same time so I'm not sure...

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by savennia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like the mat texture of this product when I put it on my face, it's very light and the feeling is good. Anyway, I won't buy this again because it makes my skin unstable, maybe because of the alcohol. And it's very hard to remove.
Pros: cheap, nice texture, easy to apply, high spf
Cons: not suitable for my skin
Now I'm switching to organic/natural brands

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by momo88

before this, i thought every sunscreen lotion is sticky, greasy, has a strong smell and make you shine all the time. i was wrong! a little bit of this product is enough to cover the whole face, and it turns soft/powdery upon application. it does feel a little drying, but putting this on top of my lotion+moisturiser evens things up so its ok. it stays matte, and is a great makeup base. i was thinking whether to get an all-in-one bb or a sunscreen lotion, but i realized bb creams cannot replace a proper sunscreen lotion in terms of protection for your skin from the harsh sun rays

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by alezcia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for 3 years and still loving it. Since I stay in a hot and humid weather country, it's help to control the oiliness around my T-Zone areas. What I like most is that it's blend easily and gives me that matte feeling on my faces. Definitely a good buy and its affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

l've lost count on how many bottles I've used. I use the white version btw, and I'm extremely pleased with the oil control. It's CRAZY, it kept my oils on my face at bay for more than 6 hours. Your face feels so smooth as well... But these days my skin esp my cheeks area became very dry because of the med and retinoids my doc prescribed me. Thus, when I use this,my skin around the mouth flakes like crazy if I don't put on enough moisturizer. I'm not sure if I will re purchase, since my T-zone is still oily and this sunscreen has served me well long enough. Maybe I will check out the blue version.Overall, it's a great sunscreen for oil slicks and I actually didn't smell the alcohol content when I'm applying but it IS difficult to get this off, so double cleanse after the day. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Skin type: very Oily/acne prone skin.

OMG! I have finally found a suncreen that makes my make up stay so much longer!! I mean, i've tried neutrogena ultra dry touch sunscreen with spf 50++ after reading rave reviews and my was i disappointed! my make up slid off my face in 2 hours...but this, made my make up stay the whole day, and i'm shine free! i dont even need to blot...and best of all its cheap!

Pros:
-cheap, at least where i'm at, this could be pricier if its not sold locally. Ebay do have them though
-controls oil really8x well, i mean i have super oily face, after half hour of washing my face, my face is already oiling up..but this really made my make up stay so much longer!!
-works as a primer...I use this both as a primer and a sunscreen, so this is my last step before i put on my foundation.
-doesnt break me out.
-I have finished like maybe 8-9 bottles of these, been using this for quite sometime. It's really great.
-It has a runny texture and once applied and blended in, it smooths to a powdery finish.
-doesnt leave a whitish cast after fully blended

cons:
-none!!

this is my HG sunscreen...try it...worth every penny

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 4:56:00 PM More reviews by lrntn

Just discovered this on a recent trip to Japan and I love it. Feels matte and like nothing on. I haven't used it long enough and so can't say whether it eventually causes breakouts or not, like some have said. Wish I'd bought a whole case in Japan! If anyone knows where to get this in the US, without going to eBay, please respond!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:28:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

The one that I bought was Bright Face Milk SPF50+ (pink bottle). When I tried it on my hands, it felt good because it gave a matte finish and was totally sheer. However, when I tried it on my face, my skin stings everytime and rather badly due to its high alcohol content. In addition, I had tiny spots popping out of my face ever since I used this product. Bottomline is this sunblock should only be recommended to those with oily skin....people with normal/dry skin shouldn't use this product as it is too drying!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:06:00 AM More reviews by dilistic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in white and i really like this sunscreen. I have eczema and a condition called Pityriasis Alba, which means that i'd get white spots on my cheeks and the skin around my lips will darken if i'm exposed to prolonged sunlight. As a result, the dermatologist advised me to always use a sunscreen on my face. I've been using this product ever since i started getting the spots which was a year ago and i haven't had one since. My skin looks perfectly normal.

It does cast a white sheen if you use too much but if you wait about 20 minutes before using any other makeup product it looks like bare skin.

I've heard that the alcohol caused some people to break out but that didn't happen to me.

I plan to try the Biore UV Bright Face Milk next. (Pink bottle)