LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 12/26/2007 2:57:00 PM

First of all of love the smell!! very girly... i had a hard time poping the top open and i blew a bit of powder everywhere but thats the only bad thing! As for the price, i got it at the by one get one free sale so i didnt mind spending on it. Its great to use before deoderant on your underarms, and just about anywhere that you want to feel smooth and moisture free.
This is awsome for just out of the shower, it makes me feel so womanly to apply powder haha, i want to try the naked one next

I love the smell of this so much. It is pretty difficult to get the powder onto your skin without making a mess but it's so worth it when you do. I can't even describe what this smells like but it's PERFECT. I use it all over like a moisturizer and it's great to use before bed. I liked the dusting powder so much that I bought the solid perfume which smells almost as good.

on 11/16/2007 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If I could I'd give it five lippies for the product and one lippie for the packaging. This is a great product with really awful packaging!

I have dry skin so I find most dusting powders feel chalky. Silky Underwear is enriched with cocoa butter, and so it feels silky (just like its name) going on. And it smells so pretty - very floral/jasmine.

Awful, horrid, abysmal packaging. If you're not careful it will dispense the product all over you AND your surroundings. It's best to decant the whole product into a glass powder jar (which is so pretty and Edwardian anyway!) and use a giant puff or brush to apply.

on 11/13/2007 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of a number of Lush products and this is one of my all time favorite items. I use it over moisturizer before bed and it leaves my skin silky with a nice scent.

on 10/31/2007 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I don't use powder often but when I do, it's this one. I bought a huge powder puff to use with it, because it was too messy to just apply with my hands and the puff works great. I like how there's moisturising properties in it along with how great it smells. One of the few LUSH items I think it worth the price, the other being the massage bars.

on 10/30/2007 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love it. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and it smells wonderful. I like using it during the hot summer months instead of lotion. The powder soaks up sweat and keeps me from smelling disgusting on days with 100+ tempatures.

on 10/30/2007 3:28:00 PM

I don't think the packaging is so bad. I keep a large dusting powder poof on top of it and just tap some on that, rub it in a little, then pat on my skin. THE SCENT IS HEAVEN IN POWDER FORM. I was drawn to this product because of my love affair with Alkmaar soap, and wasn't dissappointed in the least. I don't ever want to be without this stuff. A few dabs of Serge Lutens A La Nuit fragrance really completes it.

on 10/16/2007 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely wonderful scent. I'm not sure I get the concept of body powders though.. if only they were more moisturising. This is a fun product though. I find the packaging ok, just dust some powder on my hands and spread it over my body.

on 10/7/2007 3:11:00 PM

Pleasant scent and it really feels nice on the skin. As others have mentioned, the packaging is a disaster and application is difficult. I think emptying the powder into another container and using a large body brush and puff would be a huge help.

on 8/26/2007 1:58:00 PM

This has a nice soft powdery floral vanilla scent. It is quite lovely. The scent is light and sticks close to the skin. There is not much sillage when it comes to scent throw.

It is talc, so it performs like talc. I am not sure there is much I can add to the performance as everyone knows what talcum powder does.

It is spendy for talcum powder though. I still treat myself to unusual scents once in a while in talcum powder and this is one of the scents I choose.

The only problem is Lush decided to use really cheap powder containers. The product leaks out of them like the dickens. I keep my opened container shut, and it still sprinkles out to put this on my body. I can't imagine how it would dump out if I actually tried to use an opened up container.