LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 11/16/2007 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

If I could I'd give it five lippies for the product and one lippie for the packaging. This is a great product with really awful packaging!

I have dry skin so I find most dusting powders feel chalky. Silky Underwear is enriched with cocoa butter, and so it feels silky (just like its name) going on. And it smells so pretty - very floral/jasmine.

Awful, horrid, abysmal packaging. If you're not careful it will dispense the product all over you AND your surroundings. It's best to decant the whole product into a glass powder jar (which is so pretty and Edwardian anyway!) and use a giant puff or brush to apply.

on 11/13/2007 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of a number of Lush products and this is one of my all time favorite items. I use it over moisturizer before bed and it leaves my skin silky with a nice scent.

on 10/31/2007 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I don't use powder often but when I do, it's this one. I bought a huge powder puff to use with it, because it was too messy to just apply with my hands and the puff works great. I like how there's moisturising properties in it along with how great it smells. One of the few LUSH items I think it worth the price, the other being the massage bars.

on 10/30/2007 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love it. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, and it smells wonderful. I like using it during the hot summer months instead of lotion. The powder soaks up sweat and keeps me from smelling disgusting on days with 100+ tempatures.

on 10/30/2007 3:28:00 PM

I don't think the packaging is so bad. I keep a large dusting powder poof on top of it and just tap some on that, rub it in a little, then pat on my skin. THE SCENT IS HEAVEN IN POWDER FORM. I was drawn to this product because of my love affair with Alkmaar soap, and wasn't dissappointed in the least. I don't ever want to be without this stuff. A few dabs of Serge Lutens A La Nuit fragrance really completes it.

on 10/16/2007 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely wonderful scent. I'm not sure I get the concept of body powders though.. if only they were more moisturising. This is a fun product though. I find the packaging ok, just dust some powder on my hands and spread it over my body.

on 10/7/2007 3:11:00 PM

Pleasant scent and it really feels nice on the skin. As others have mentioned, the packaging is a disaster and application is difficult. I think emptying the powder into another container and using a large body brush and puff would be a huge help.

on 8/26/2007 1:58:00 PM

This has a nice soft powdery floral vanilla scent. It is quite lovely. The scent is light and sticks close to the skin. There is not much sillage when it comes to scent throw.

It is talc, so it performs like talc. I am not sure there is much I can add to the performance as everyone knows what talcum powder does.

It is spendy for talcum powder though. I still treat myself to unusual scents once in a while in talcum powder and this is one of the scents I choose.

The only problem is Lush decided to use really cheap powder containers. The product leaks out of them like the dickens. I keep my opened container shut, and it still sprinkles out to put this on my body. I can't imagine how it would dump out if I actually tried to use an opened up container.

on 8/24/2007 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

The scent on this product is lovely. I'm in the medical field so we're not allowed to wear perfume really, but this scent is very light and I can use a little and not have any problems. The feel is really nice as well. The packaging is AWFUL. It gets all over and is just difficult. Probably could buy a different package and pour it in but I'm just lazy and don't have the time.

on 8/16/2007 8:55:00 AM

This is a beautiful powder. It makes your skin feel SILKY, just like it says... because of the coco butter it contains. Initially, I was going to buy the candy-scented powder from LUSH, but after trying both of them on my skin, I fell for this one because of the feel. I would recommend this product to anyone who likes the idea of a powder that keeps you soft, but does not like the dry, chalky feeling powder can create. This is a very very smooth feeling powder and I find the scent really "pretty", very sweet. The packaging isn't good, but I really don't mind.. the product makes up for it. I'd rather have simple packaging anyways. Give it a try in the store, and compare the way the different powders feel on your skin, and you'll probably fall for this one :)

Top Rated LUSH Products