July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 12:22:00 PM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Avocado oil is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, D, and E, and it also contains amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin, and other essential fatty acids. Avocado oil is one of the best treatments for my dry undereye area, for which I use it every night. Itís very moisturising and it has regenerating properties too. Consequently, some reviewers here have successfully used it for acne and other scars. I canít comment on that. In addition to nourishing my eye area, it works beautifully as a lip treatment too. Sometimes I also mix a few drops of avocado oil with my body lotion for extra care. It's also a real treat for my hand eczema. In addition, it's a fantastically nourishing oil for haircare. It always absorbs well, in both skin and hair, and it has virtually no scent whatsoever.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 5:39:00 AM More reviews by catteys

After reading ALL the positive reviews here, I decided to try it too. I live in Hong Kong so I have to pay much more to get this oil :( I went to the 'posh' supermarket here called "citysuper" with my husband yesterday, when he saw the price he said, 'If that causes you spots I'm gonna laugh'. Anyway I bought it for 198hkd (500ml), so that's about 16GBP or 25USD. *No choice of brands/size, luckily it's the cold pressed unrefined one*

Last night I massaged a few drops on my face after shower. It sank into my skin pretty quickly! I was happy because I hate greasy skin! About 3 hours later I went to bed, and my husband came to bed too. He felt my face and said 'What happened to your skin? Did you use that oil thing? It's so smooth!' Then he couldnt stop feeling it lol

The next morning (This morning) my face wasn't oily at all! (It usually gets very oily in the morning especially on the T-zone) I had bright, smooth face! Wow! I only used it once! I'm gonna use it on everywhere :D (I bought such a huge bottle I have to try to use it up in different ways)

I'll update if there's anything new :) I hope it will eventually turn my skin to be completely flawless like a baby's bum :P

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:13:00 AM More reviews by icesk8r19

Love this oil. Simple and effective, the way nature intended. The uses are vast: skin, a few drops on hair, face, neck, eyelashes. great on nails too. Just a few drops for face works great! LOVE it. It feels so good, I highly recommend it.
Also, try taking the leftovers of a real avocado, and using the inside of the skin to massage onto your face or dry spots. Avocado = wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

WOWEE long eyelashes! I wanted to use castor oil to get long lashes and I couldn't because I'm allergic to it :( ! So I debated whether to substitute the castor oil with olive oil, almond oil or this. I decided to use what worked best on my hair since eyelashes are just hair after all. I've only been using this a few days and I had the first hint I was getting really long lashes yesterday when I put on my sunglasses and the lashes kept batting against them! :) Now considering I have Asian eyelashes that is an absolute first for me! I've read about that happening to other people, envied other people that that happened to but with Asian lashes I never ever expected to have the privilege of experiencing this for myself! And today it was confirmed when I went to study my lashes before putting on mascara. They were clearly both longer and thicker, each little eyelash was still as delicate and skinny as before, but I just seemed to have a ton of them whereas before I had such skimpy eyelashes I could almost count them! I've always tried to take good care of them and not pull them out when removing mascara, but I guess in spite of that before they still got broken or pulled out anyways, and now with the avocado oil they are protected so they grow out to their full potential. As I'm sure you can understand with almost non-existent Asian lashes I'm a real mascara fiend and always layer a ton of it on just to get them to become visible, now I can continue to use mascara and not worry about hurting the lashes! I just condition them every night with this oil. I rub it on all over the lashes on all sides with a clean finger and rub it along the roots too. It feels as gentle as water and doesn't bother my eyes at all. I also use only avocado oil or coconut oil as a nighttime moisturizer, those are the only face moisturizers I ever use and I have good results too. Can't say my skin is any better than before because I have been using this oil for so long I really don't have any other products to compare it with. But I have no acne, no blemishes and no wrinkles.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

2011 Update: I still have avocado oil in my arsenal of beauty products. However, since last year, my skin has become well behaved and I only use it on my face when my skin is especially dehydrated. I do use it on a daily basis on my hair, though. I massage a couple drops through my scalp and in the ends of my hair before I blow dry it. The result is that my hair is not as damaged by the heat and it retains the hair style much better.

2009 Original Review: Whoa. This has to be the product that caused the most dramatic improvement to my skin, a finicky dehydrated, combination, clogged pore, pimply hodgepodge, AKA a huge mess! I read about avocado oil on Beauty Brains' website and here on MUA. With positive reviews from both sites, I thought that this would be worth a shot, since my Eucerin CoQ10 cream just wasn't doing enough for me. Each night after cleansing with only water, I massage on 4-5 drops of oil completely in my toner-wet skin and then before going to bed I just dab on another layer on problem areas that are dry or pimply. I wake up to skin that doesn't even resemble what I went to bed with: all that oil absorbs into my skin overnight, leaving it smooth and glowy. It manages to undo the damage that my drying sunscreen (still on the hunt for a better one) does to me during the day. I've used this for over a month now and I really am glad that I've found this. Even though oil is a bit difficult to deal with, I've found that the best way to control it is to put it in either a dropper or a small squeeze bottle with a small opening. Trust me, that's an easy fix when a low price, tons of skin-loving nutrients, and accessibility make this item an HG for me!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by hell0kitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to write a new review about it since now I can say that I have more experience with this product than before.

The oil itself is thicker than most of the oils I've used (including Jojoba oil and Vitamin E oil). I used to use about 3-4 drops of jojoba oil but now i only need about 2 drops of avocado oil to cover my whole face. I only use it at night because it is too oily for daytime use. Before I apply this, I make sure to cleanse my face well because that way my pores will be clear of dirt and gunk, maximizing the benefits of the avocado oil. Then I rub the oil between my clean palms to create heat and then I massage it into my skin until I feel like it has been absorbed.

Recently, I've been using Trader Joe's Vitamin E oil after running out of my avocado oil (however, the first ingredient is soybean oil...) and it hasn't been really making a difference in my skin since I broke out (most likely due to hormones). So I gave it a few days and my acne is still there, slightly reduced, but very stubborn. Last night I returned to my avocado oil and in the morning, my pimples have DRAMATICALLY reduced (the same miracle that happened last time when I first used avocado oil) and now I'm sitting here, baffled by why I ever wanted to stray from my precious avocado oil!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 7:36:00 AM More reviews by clairelouisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product based on these great reviews and don't regret it one bit. I use it as my current moisturiser and it has made a great difference.
After suffering from acne all through my teenage years, I still had quite a few blemishes and uneven skin tone left over. After using avocado oil I have virtually no blemishes or redness left on my skin and it feels amazingly soft.
I do have to remember to quickly wipe over my face after letting it sink into my skin to get rid of the excess oil on my face - shiny face isn't a good look :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by TiaR

Avocado oil is my favorite as well. Acne & scars always clears up considerably, moisturizes, makes my skin look well-hydrated....& a beautiful overnight treatment. I'm young, but with every day use I hope to lessen the aging process for the future. This has helped my oily skin become less oily as well...very balancing, calming...ahhh! I need to go buy more now to put it everywhere on my body & hair :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sezling

Using too much as a moisturiser broke me out and irritated my skin. Was effective as a cleanser however storage is a hassle - need to keep refrigerated and probably best to decant some into a separate bottle so you aren't opening the same one and exposing it to air. Difficult when travelling...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by chelleywhite

Everybody's right - it's a great oil and it actually sinks in! I got 250ml of the "Premium 100% cold pressed Avocado Oil" in my local Morrisons supermarket for about £4. It'll last ages. I've only used it on my face so far (with absolutely no adverse effects - just good ones!). I have normal skin which breaks out from time to time (although not since I've been using this) and I think this oil would be great for absolutely any skin type, including oily. I massage it in, leave it for a few minute and lightly tissue off any excess (especially before applying makeup). Makeup goes on great and I'm seriously impressed! Thank you MUAers! x.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No