Avocado Oil

4.4

100% virgin avocado oil, yellow-greenish in color

on 2/15/2010 12:25:00 AM

I love the way this feels on my skin! It seems to have a different consistency than other natural oils and sinks in my skin. I read many good reviews about jojoba oil and was very disappointed that it made my eyes water when used on my face or hands. So I was thrilled that not only am I able to use avocado oil but it really does hydrate my skin without clogging pores or making me cry.

on 2/6/2010 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Avocado Oil is, like many pure oils, a health potion! It's cheap, 100% natural and contains vitamins A, D and E, lecithin, as well as potassium and bet-carotene! What is there not to like? It can also greatly help relieve the dryness and itching of psoriasis and eczema and very very dry skin, making it ideal for mature skins.

I personally, use it only when my skin is particularly dry, but what I do on a weekly basis is heat some avocado oil and that massage into my scalp and down my hair, wrap in cling film and leave it overnight and than wash off the following morning. Is it worth the hassle?
HELL YEAH!
As long as you use consinuasly, you will see results.

on 1/28/2010 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I use this as a night moisturizer, and my skin is soft and moist all the time. When my skin gets drier, it even works under make-up! (a very thin layer under my Skin Smoothing Cream) And as the price is so good, I use it as a neck moisturizer. Anyone with dry skin has got to get this. It's only one ingredient so it's very safe even for sensitive skin. It doesn't smell much and even if it's slightly coloured (not artificially!) it doesn't show on the skin. It just moisturizes dry skin!

I am in total love with avocado oil as a night moisturizer! This stuff has transformed my skin. It stays so clear and soft. Winter weather is a nightmare on my skin usually, but thanks to this oil, my skin has never looked better. I highly recommend this. Naturally, it feels oily when you first put it on but when it sinks in...well it's wonderful. I always touch my face in the morning because it is so so so smooth and clear! Magical!

on 11/26/2009 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I switched to avocado after I was breaking out more and more from evil coconut oil. Coconut oil sucks! All that hype, and all it did was totally destroy my skin. On the last day I used it I had EIGHT ZITS, and they HURT like hell. I had to pry out the hard plugs with a PIN and use cortisone to soothe my skin. When I finally did my research and found out that coconut oil is clogging, I switched to avocado oil, based on reviews here. A few months later and I'm getting very few zits, and they don't linger, and they don't have hard plugs or itch. My skin looks really nice and is a nice healthy color. I don't use one drop like other people - I guess my skin is too dry for that. I need a good bit more than a drop to moisturize my whole face. Then I put on a 100% aloe vera gel that it took me forever to find (all the aloe veras I could find had other crap in them), and my face is perfectly slightly moist and feels totally calm for a change. I'm using Aura Cacia avocado oil, whose packaging I hate - I can't control the amount, it just squirts out in this unpredictable way. But I sent away online for unrefined avocado oil, which I read contains a lot more of the beneficial stuff; also it's a bit thicker, supposedly, and a nice exotic green color ;-) Will update after I receive that and see how it works. (P.S. I wish someone could tell me why olive oil is clogging because of its high oleic acid content, but avocado is not, with a similar if not higher oleic acid content.)
UPDATE: The unrefined avocado oil is fantastic; a beautiful green, and thicker than the refined. I'm now making my own pure avocado oil soap (no other oils) - it makes an incredible soap, very creamy and thick and soft and leaves my face feelings calm and not dry like other soaps.

on 11/11/2009 11:37:00 PM

I like this oil. I put it in my lotion for an extra boost, I use it to remove my eyemakeup and I even put it in my face moisturizer. I like the way it makes my skin look.
I bought it from super target cooking oil isle.(Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil).

on 11/5/2009 3:49:00 PM

I read these reviews and thought "How could a thick greasy oil improve breakouts, and not cause them?"
I am 58 yrs old and was getting breakouts in certain areas of my face and couldn't figure out where they were coming from as my skin was clear the weeks before, noting the areas where the breakouts were, I figured out it was from Lancome's Effacernes which was where I had put the concealer. My face was also getting dehydrated, and found out my powder foundation was too matifying with the dryer weather, and am using a less drying powder foundation.
I went to our local Good Harvest Market in my state and bought a regular bottle of cold pressed Avocado oil. It doesn't really soak deep into my skin the way I would like, but I love the results. After the breakouts stopped, my skin cleared up with the use of the oil, and is glowingly porcelain.
I would put about six drops of the oil into the palm of my (clean) hand and rub my palms together and press the oil all over my face day and night, then I would add my moisturizer. I think now that I might just use it at night and for cleaning my face as it's too much for the day now that my face feels hydrated again.
I'm not sure if I want to stop using this, my face looks awesome! I often get compliments on my "beautiful skin" from cosmetic sales associates and makeup artists. I also bought some sweet almond oil, but I'm not sure which is better or does more for the skin so the almond oil goes on my body for now. This is a remarkable find and inexpensive too.

on 11/4/2009 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Avocado oil is rich in vitamin A, B1, B2, D, and E, and it also contains amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, lecithin, and other essential fatty acids. Avocado oil is one of the best treatments for my dry undereye area, for which I use it every night. Itís very moisturising and it has regenerating properties too. Consequently, some reviewers here have successfully used it for acne and other scars. I canít comment on that. In addition to nourishing my eye area, it works beautifully as a lip treatment too. Sometimes I also mix a few drops of avocado oil with my body lotion for extra care. It's also a real treat for my hand eczema. In addition, it's a fantastically nourishing oil for haircare. It always absorbs well, in both skin and hair, and it has virtually no scent whatsoever.

on 10/19/2009 5:39:00 AM

After reading ALL the positive reviews here, I decided to try it too. I live in Hong Kong so I have to pay much more to get this oil :( I went to the 'posh' supermarket here called "citysuper" with my husband yesterday, when he saw the price he said, 'If that causes you spots I'm gonna laugh'. Anyway I bought it for 198hkd (500ml), so that's about 16GBP or 25USD. *No choice of brands/size, luckily it's the cold pressed unrefined one*

Last night I massaged a few drops on my face after shower. It sank into my skin pretty quickly! I was happy because I hate greasy skin! About 3 hours later I went to bed, and my husband came to bed too. He felt my face and said 'What happened to your skin? Did you use that oil thing? It's so smooth!' Then he couldnt stop feeling it lol

The next morning (This morning) my face wasn't oily at all! (It usually gets very oily in the morning especially on the T-zone) I had bright, smooth face! Wow! I only used it once! I'm gonna use it on everywhere :D (I bought such a huge bottle I have to try to use it up in different ways)

I'll update if there's anything new :) I hope it will eventually turn my skin to be completely flawless like a baby's bum :P

on 10/18/2009 12:13:00 AM

Love this oil. Simple and effective, the way nature intended. The uses are vast: skin, a few drops on hair, face, neck, eyelashes. great on nails too. Just a few drops for face works great! LOVE it. It feels so good, I highly recommend it.
Also, try taking the leftovers of a real avocado, and using the inside of the skin to massage onto your face or dry spots. Avocado = wonderful!

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products