Jane Iredale Handi Brush

Not tested on animals

on 12/2/2006 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG face brush. It's so soft and smooth and gives a light and natural application. The short shaft and plastic sleeve makes it perfect for travel. It's a bit pricey but well worth the money.

on 9/10/2006 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would buy this product again, but probably will never need to. It is an excellent quality brush, meant to be used to apply the pressed minerals. I wash mine every two weeks with just a little shampoo. It comes with a nice plastic case to protect the brush. Everything from Jane Iredale is of high quality.

on 7/26/2006 7:51:00 AM

I LOVE this face brush!!! I got the JI PPB and this is the brush to use when applying it. It's soft and fluffy but more importantly dispenses any powder makeup PERFECTLY! Gives nice and even coverage...It's a pricey brush but well worth it!!

on 7/21/2006 3:03:00 AM

I love this brush. It's so soft, and I haven't had any problems with shedding. The plastic sleeve is great, too.

on 6/17/2006 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I love this brush and it works so well with the Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base. The plastic sleeve is a nice perk -- helps keep the brush bristles stay well-formed, protected and clean when traveling. There might be similar-looking brushes out there, but I haven't tried any of them -- I'm happy with the Handi, so not going to look for substitutes at this point.

This is worth the money! It blends soo well and It is thick and soft and the best make-up brush EVER.

on 6/5/2006 7:48:00 PM

I didn't want to spend the money on this. Yes, I'm a cheapskate. So I was using some brush that I got from Melange, and I didn't know that a brush could be better. My Melange brush stunk, and was scratchy...but again, being the cheapskate, I just lived with it. Finally someone told me the money was worth it for the Handi Brush....so I bit the bullet and got it, and I am very pleased. So much softer, no stink, easier to hold (longer handle than my Melange brush had) and applies make up well.

on 5/30/2006 6:42:00 PM

I have the Luscious Kabuki, Ultimate Buffer as well as powder brushes from Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, Covermark (Japan) etc, so thought I would skip the Handi Brush when I started using the JL Pure Pressed Foundation. The Luscious Kabuki actually did a reasonably good job with the Pure Pressed, but eventually I decided to get the Handi Brush. I'm so glad I did. The first time I used it I found it (OMG!) so silky and luxurious. It's a very well-made brush. The hair is dense but the tips are supersoft and smooth. It gives a medium light, very natural application. I tried to order this brush from skinwest.com but there was problem with the shipping, so eventually I purchased it full-priced at a local spa. Mine does not have any problem with shedding.

on 3/22/2006 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shed a LOT. It was way too overpriced. I just can't believe how much it shed. And it's not very dense. Rather sparse.

on 11/10/2005 4:54:00 PM

This brush is particularly good at picking up pressed minerals. I thought I was getting a good finish with my other brushes, but this brush's flat head picks up just the right amount of mineral powder foundation and enables you to build up multiple sheer layers effortlessly. The brush isn't as buttery soft as I was hoping (and definitely not as soft as my Trish blue squirrel brush or my goat/squirrel kabuki), but this brush's squirrel/pony mix is soft enough to use on the face and better at picking up pressed powder makeup. I plan on using this brush for all powder foundations, though I'll probably still need to rely on a sponge for areas that need heavier coverage. The brush was much smaller than I expected and comes in a clear plastic case. I paid around $29 (including shipping) for it. *Update*: Brush sheds quite a bit.

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products