Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.8

Not tested on animals

on 6/5/2006 7:48:00 PM

I didn't want to spend the money on this. Yes, I'm a cheapskate. So I was using some brush that I got from Melange, and I didn't know that a brush could be better. My Melange brush stunk, and was scratchy...but again, being the cheapskate, I just lived with it. Finally someone told me the money was worth it for the Handi Brush....so I bit the bullet and got it, and I am very pleased. So much softer, no stink, easier to hold (longer handle than my Melange brush had) and applies make up well.

on 5/30/2006 6:42:00 PM

I have the Luscious Kabuki, Ultimate Buffer as well as powder brushes from Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, Covermark (Japan) etc, so thought I would skip the Handi Brush when I started using the JL Pure Pressed Foundation. The Luscious Kabuki actually did a reasonably good job with the Pure Pressed, but eventually I decided to get the Handi Brush. I'm so glad I did. The first time I used it I found it (OMG!) so silky and luxurious. It's a very well-made brush. The hair is dense but the tips are supersoft and smooth. It gives a medium light, very natural application. I tried to order this brush from skinwest.com but there was problem with the shipping, so eventually I purchased it full-priced at a local spa. Mine does not have any problem with shedding.

on 3/22/2006 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This shed a LOT. It was way too overpriced. I just can't believe how much it shed. And it's not very dense. Rather sparse.

on 11/10/2005 4:54:00 PM

This brush is particularly good at picking up pressed minerals. I thought I was getting a good finish with my other brushes, but this brush's flat head picks up just the right amount of mineral powder foundation and enables you to build up multiple sheer layers effortlessly. The brush isn't as buttery soft as I was hoping (and definitely not as soft as my Trish blue squirrel brush or my goat/squirrel kabuki), but this brush's squirrel/pony mix is soft enough to use on the face and better at picking up pressed powder makeup. I plan on using this brush for all powder foundations, though I'll probably still need to rely on a sponge for areas that need heavier coverage. The brush was much smaller than I expected and comes in a clear plastic case. I paid around $29 (including shipping) for it. *Update*: Brush sheds quite a bit.

on 10/9/2005 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Gives you great coverage with the minerals. It's so SOFT, that I'm too spoiled to use anything else.

Love this brush, it works well for all powder type foundations. Portable too. Don't like the cover it comes with, but I still use the cover.

on 6/24/2005 9:39:00 AM

HG Brush!. Oh, how I love this brush. Its just perfect. Applies mineral foundation with ease. Good size. I think I need one for blush application. Cheaper to buy at skin, etc. Wonderful product.

on 6/6/2005 10:59:00 AM

I bought this after I started experimenting with mineral foundation. I was reluctant at first to buy it b/c I thought it was a bit pricy. I've got some other cheaper brushes, but I am glad I bought this one. It's soft and allows me to put on powder easy because of the flat shape.

on 3/17/2005 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This brush really amazes me. The flat head picks up the right amount of pressed minerals, so there's no swirling, tapping, or blowing off excess required. At last I can use mineral makeup without making a mess.

on 2/12/2005 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Nice flat brush. I use it with the pressed powder. I like the chisel brush better on the whole, though; it's a nice size for the blush pot and gets into the nooks and crannies between my nose and eyes better. If I had to choose between the two, I'd always pick the chisel.

Popular Makeup Brushes