August 22, 2014 | 1055 users online

Makeup Brushes - Jane Iredale - Handi Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2006 9:38:00 PM More reviews by cariscierley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shed a LOT. It was way too overpriced. I just can't believe how much it shed. And it's not very dense. Rather sparse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2005 4:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyChristine

This brush is particularly good at picking up pressed minerals. I thought I was getting a good finish with my other brushes, but this brush's flat head picks up just the right amount of mineral powder foundation and enables you to build up multiple sheer layers effortlessly. The brush isn't as buttery soft as I was hoping (and definitely not as soft as my Trish blue squirrel brush or my goat/squirrel kabuki), but this brush's squirrel/pony mix is soft enough to use on the face and better at picking up pressed powder makeup. I plan on using this brush for all powder foundations, though I'll probably still need to rely on a sponge for areas that need heavier coverage. The brush was much smaller than I expected and comes in a clear plastic case. I paid around $29 (including shipping) for it. *Update*: Brush sheds quite a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2005 6:31:00 PM More reviews by NaturalDiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gives you great coverage with the minerals. It's so SOFT, that I'm too spoiled to use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 1:59:00 PM More reviews by reformedspender

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this brush, it works well for all powder type foundations. Portable too. Don't like the cover it comes with, but I still use the cover.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2005 7:48:00 AM More reviews by rosenbud

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is by far the best brush I have ever used, in fact I am looking to buy another to use with my blusher and maybe even a 3rd for my bronzer.
When I first got this (I had to order off line) I was really disapointed with the size...I had paid all that money for a brush that was tiny, I felt cheated!!!
I was soon won over by the super soft bristles, like velvet on your skin.
I use my Handi for applying my MAC Studio Finnish Pressed powder foundation, it picks up just the right amount and concentrates as little or as much as you want into select areas. The finnish is perfect. The Handi beats any MAC brush hands down and no shedding. I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2005 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hoochiemam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG Brush!. Oh, how I love this brush. Its just perfect. Applies mineral foundation with ease. Good size. I think I need one for blush application. Cheaper to buy at skin, etc. Wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2005 10:59:00 AM More reviews by stefdo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after I started experimenting with mineral foundation. I was reluctant at first to buy it b/c I thought it was a bit pricy. I've got some other cheaper brushes, but I am glad I bought this one. It's soft and allows me to put on powder easy because of the flat shape.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Goodoldgal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush really amazes me. The flat head picks up the right amount of pressed minerals, so there's no swirling, tapping, or blowing off excess required. At last I can use mineral makeup without making a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by LexicoAmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice flat brush. I use it with the pressed powder. I like the chisel brush better on the whole, though; it's a nice size for the blush pot and gets into the nooks and crannies between my nose and eyes better. If I had to choose between the two, I'd always pick the chisel.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2005 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mojomagix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this for my JI pressed powder foundation, but I found that I like my BE kabuki better. It may be that I've just used the kabuki longer, though.
The handi brush didn't work well for me with the JI blush either---big brush, small blush. The BE baby buki is perfect for the JI blush.