Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation

3.6

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Mica, talc, PEG-10 Dimenthicone, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenyl, Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Caprylate, Methylpropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Cyclohexacyloxane, Methylisothiazolinone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Silver Oxide, Propylene, Carbonate, Parfum (fragrance), Methylparaben, Fagus Sylvatica Extract (Fagus Sylvatica Bud Extract), Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein, [+/- CI 77891 )titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 1/21/2015 2:57:00 PM

I had always wanted to try this foundation, but since it is so pricey I hesitated for a long time. However, I bought my first bottle in May and I fell in love. It goes on so beautifully and a little goes a long way (so it lasts a long time!) and looks so natural and not at all cakey. Also, a big plus is that it has a pump! I went away from it for a while after I ran out but a week ago I bought another bottle and it's safe to say I dont think I'm going to buy any other foundation than this one! It is my HG foundation and I would reccomend to anyone no matter what their skintone. Make up forever has a great selection of colors as well, perfect for any skintone!

on 1/15/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this foundation in 117 (Marble) for about 8 months now and can say it has achieved HG status. I have historically had dry skin that is now moving toward combination. I have serious issues with my skin being flaky and needing daily thorough exfoliation. It's hard for me to find foundations that don't sit on top of my skin and accentuate that. I have fair, neutral toned skin that has a tendency toward redness only on my face, and I rarely break out. Just a reference for my skin type for some context.

This foundation is amazing on my skin. It's medium coverage and seems to have some diffusing properties that really make your skin look even without looking caked in makeup. I apply it with a knockoff brand Beauty Blender I bought on amazon, which I highly recommend as well. 117 is a fair, slightly yellow-toned shade. This is great on me because it neutralizes the redness and makes my facial skin exactly the same color as the rest of my skin. Yay! Something that fixes my redness but doesn't turn me orange, yellow or green! A miracle! It also does not make me break out, but my skin is not particularly sensitive to breakouts.

I wish it was cheaper, but for being such an excellent product, I will continue to buy it no matter what. The packaging is fine - the pump has given me no issues. The black cap does fall off easily, even packed in a makeup bag where it's not getting jostled much. I haven't had any issues with the pump making a mess yet, though. It's also a pump that does give you a bit of control over how much product comes out. I usually use about 1.5 pumps for my face and blending into my neck.

I'd recommend doing some swatches on your skin yourself. I was matched at a Sephora and was recommended a pink-toned fair color because of my skin redness. I purchased it and it was AWFUL. I liked the texture and finish, so I exchanged it based on my experiences needing yellow tones, and this one is perfect. Lesson learned! Trust yourself first if you know what works on you and what doesn't!

on 1/5/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Ok, I thought long and hard about this review, didn't want to Jump the gun and say how much I loved it to only end up hating it weeks later as I've done so before. I've been wearing this as a daily foundation for awhile and I'm ready to say I love it.

Reading the reviews I was totally turned off from trying this. People seem to live it or hate it, and since I struggle hard to find loves I knew this wasn't for me.
One afternoon I was in Sephora returning yet another foundation that didn't match my skintone and was so fed up I said the hell with it let's try this since this line seemed to cater to multiple undertones, not just yellow and pink. Im very neutral anything slightly yellow or pink looks way off on me.
So the SA matched me to 118, in the dim lighting I couldn't even see the swatch on my cheek so I just jumped into the wind and purchased.
Perfect match to my light honey beige skin. I was expecting a sheer greasy mess but what I got instead was what is been looking for all along.
***Product- I get great solid medium coverage applying with my fingers, a brush seemed not to work as well. I can apply more where needed for stubborn spots and doesn't look piled on.
Surprisingly I found the finish quite matte. *almost* flat. Setting with NARS light reflecting powder remedied that real quick. Also the hourglass ambients or WNW reserve your cabana come in very handy here.
As the day goes on the finish does become less matte but not greasy( I do have dry skin though) those with oil's may need to touch up. It wore well all day and had experienced no patchiness.
I find it to be very light weight on the skin almost as light as a powder foundation. Some say it looks great in pics but not in real life, well idk what there seeing, but I think it looks amazing in both.
It didn't settle into any fine lines or crease, it hasn't upset my sensitive acne prone skin, it's a perfect color match, it's lightweight, it lasts all day,what's not to love?
No it's not a full coverage, but if it's to be undetected on camera(HD) wouldn't you think it needs not be an unnatural full coverage ? You can conceal spots if need be.
Yes I will repurchase. I appreciate the pump, the bottle is plastic instead of glass which I feel more comfortable with ( butter fingers) it could still crack but hey can't win everything.

Looks great in pictures.... Not so great in person. Didn't provide the coverage & long lasting wear that I needed.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

If you need an everyday foundation I don't think this is the foundation for you (unless your everyday work consists in taking pictures of yourself). When I bought this at Sephora I was looking for a high quality foundation and the girl at sephora recommended this one. What she forgot to tell me was that this foundation is great "for pictures" not for every day use. Don't get me wrong you can still use it everyday if you want to, but keep in mind that if what you are looking for is an every-day foundation that gives you great coverage you should keep looking.

I was going to return this the next day but decided to keep it since I took a couple of pictures to test it out and it sure makes your skin looks flawless. Definitely will be using this for special occasions were I know I'll have pictures taken.

on 1/3/2015 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great packaging but sadly I've found better foundations I like it but don't love it. Good skin variety options and didn't break me out! It's around $42 without tax.

on 1/2/2015 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

This product gives me an amazing, radiant look. It is full coverage, easy to use, not drying... I REALLY want to love this liquid foundation.

But this breaks me out, for sure! Every time my acne starts clearing, I use this product because I like the way it makes my skin look, and then the next day, I have a full face of painful cysts and pimples. I've done this to my face about 4 times now and had this foundation for 2 months. Of course, every one's face is different, so maybe try a sample first to see how your face reacts.

on 1/2/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have sensitive, combination, sometimes acne-prone skin, and am always looking for products that don't trigger reactions. I purchased this product after getting my Color IQ done at Sephora (3Y05), and 120 Soft Sand is my perfect match. This foundation is fragrance-free, and is a relatively thin liquid, but gives pretty pigmented coverage. I use the Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Buffing Brush to apply this in a circular motion, and the finish is smooth and natural. It evens out my skin tone without looking like cakey makeup. If you get the right colour, you can easily apply to uneven spots only without a noticeable difference between the covered parts and bare skin. Some foundations change colour on my face throughout the day, especially on oily parts, but this one never has.

The pump bottle keeps everything hygienic and easy to dispense the right amount, even if it's just a little bit for blemishes. This brand comes with a lot of shades, so I highly recommend the Color IQ, then getting the SA to help you with test patches in store, one shade lighter and darker, just to make sure.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful lightweight foundation.
I got this recently because I wanted a summer colour makeup to replace my NARS sheer glow in Fiji. It's super thin, but gives a nice coverage, wears well, doesn't seem to get shiny and looks good in pics.......but... I'd still go back to NARS in preference. The NARS has a beautiful way of reflecting the light which I find more flattering on me, I'd also use by terry densiliss for preference for better coverage. It's a beautiful makeup, I think I just like something more ' makeuppy' for me. It would suit girls who like Mac face and body or possibly the Armani luminous silk girls. My take? Great makeup, would definitely recommend it to someone who wants an ultra natural look. Makeup junkies- not so much.

on 12/31/2014 1:28:00 PM

I have medium skin with a mixture of yellow and pink undertones and surprsingly it's never been very easy to find a foundation that really matched without drowning out half of my color: but this foundatoin hits the mark and I have been hooked enough to purchase it several times. As a liquid it provides medium coverage and looks dewy and flawless in photo's (especially when applying a primer beforehand). It stays on all day and while it might feel a little heavy upon first applicatoin, it starts to feel lighter as the day progresses (and for me it does stay all day).

It is however a little on the expensive side, but so far I have yet to find a liquid foundation that matches what this one provides for me.

I would recommend to this to women who fall within the medium skintone spectrum.