July 30, 2014 | 1172 users online

Brows - Milani - Brow Fix Brow Kit

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

this is my HG brow powder. i have already used 3 of them and will keep using them forever. i use the "light" one and it matches perfectly. i find this powder gives a more natural look then most pencils (at least on me) the darker color is a tad too dark for me but works suprisingly well when i overpluck and need something to fill in the bare spots

i comb brows with a clean mascara spool, use the angled brush that comes with it to apply the powder then comb again to blend everything

the highlighter powder thats included works great for highlighting the inner eye. i use a little dab on my inner eyes and it makes me look bright eyed and awake

i got it for around $5 at cvs

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Mimosa07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to product for my brows..I have it in medium and it matches my colored and highlighted perfectly. Its packaging could be less bulky, just including the two brow shadows, but really, compared to other things I have in my bag, its not that big. I didn't care much for the sponge applicator, angled brush, but the tweezers are in handy from time to time. The mirror is rather small, but does well in a pinch. I don't know if I got a more sensitive or delicate one but the highlighter broke, but the other two have stayed intact after being thrown and pushed in my crazy purse. But the remaining two brow colors are great and last well throughout the day. I usually do a mix of both colors and my brows look put together and not overdone. A great product for a small price (I paid 5.99). I have finished one already and will definately continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by elovejoy25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this product. Though I have darkish hair and eyebrows I got the light palette and it is perfect and subtle. Gives my eyebrows an extra oomph without looking fake or scary. The price is right. The packaging is nice (though I had two break on me in store before I actually purchased, no problems since being home). I love the angled brush that comes with it, the sponge tip applicator is typical and I have yet to try the tweezers. The shadows are pigmented and soft. The highlighter color is GORGEOUS. HG eyebrow product right here.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 9:54:00 AM More reviews by kahassen

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally a taupe/blonde color that isn't too red! I got this product in "Light" and it works so well for me. The light color is a little too light, so I blend with the darker shade. The highlighter is great too. Really helps clean up my look. I don't use the applicators because I have brushes for that. The tweezers surprisingly worked well (it even grasped my tiny bleach blonde hairs). Great product! Has a mirror inside under tools that is okay. Would buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by kanzen

Honestly, I would want to love it and keep it as one of my favourite products but I can't. I returned it because it is too light for me. I would not recommend any asians to try it because the colors are too brown for us.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lovelycristi

i bought this at heb plus one night and i fell in love with it. its great. the packaging is a little bulky but its worth it. it comes with a little pair of tweezers which have saved my life a few times. they arent the best but they are helpful in sticky situations where if youre like me you grow little random hairs overnight and you dont notice until youre at work or school. i love the highlight color. its not to shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OK - so, we have good and bad parts about this - but in general it is really awesome - so read on, please!
My first complaint is the packaging. I don't know if it's just mine, but the top is hard to open. Also, the packaging includes a crappy mini e/s sponge tip applicator, crappy mini slanted liner brush, and a mini pair of tweezers (which I assume are crappy but cannot yet speak of). These little "bonuses" just take up so much space - otherwise the packaging could be much less cumbersome, and would be a slim package of just a vertical row of 3 shadows. I would love to somehow modify this to do that...I'll have to think about it. I might depot it and re-work it somehow...I think the packaging is JUST that lame!

Alright - so onto the good stuff. Price = $6.49 + tax at CVS.

Over this past weekend, I tried the Anastasia brow powder duo in Medium Ash. I didn't find the quality to be anything to write home about, and didn't think that it was worth the $22 I spent - glad I kept the box and my receipt, and I returned it.

I had posted to the M/U board about wanting a cheaper dupe of the product, and a few folks recommended this. So I went on my excursion (my CVS are inconsistent with selling this, but my Kmart has it too!) last night to find the product and finally did. I've used it this morning and so far, so good. What I can say is that the 01 color is pretty comparable in color to the Anastasia brow powder duo in Medium Ash but maybe a little more neutral and not so grayed (read: not gray, not reddish, just right in the middle!).

So, what I can say so far is that for $6+ I got something similar to Anastasia brow powder duo. I will edit this later when I've worn it for a while and give a more quantitative review!

EDIT: OK! After using this for a few days - all day, this works SO much better than Anastasia. It stays all day - even with my mild seb derm in my brows. I'm very very pleased!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by pimpcessleelee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is so great! It's small, but compact to take with you. I have the medium (02). I thought the brushes were too small, but it actually comes in handy. The brown color with the angular brush makes my eyebrows look so natural. The tweezers are a bit irritating to use but they work. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xliu4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this kit! It has everything you need for your brows - tweezer, slanted brush, sponge tip, mini mirror & the powders. I like how there are 3 shades of colors (highlight, lighter brown, and dark brown) so you can mix the shades together to get the shade you want (I actually never tried that but I guess it would work? lol)

It's very pigmented & lasts through the day! Very impressed & happy with the purchase. For $6 this is an excellent purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by monica8six

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive had this product for about a month now and I'm really liking it. I have the medium and I use the lightest shade. The brush is actually really good. I'm not a big fan of the tweezers or the sponge tip applicator but overall the price for the shades alone is worth it.