September 17, 2014 | 1295 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I have used the foundation from this line a lot and bought this powder to match. I have the foundation in natural tan and this powder compact in medium, and they complement each other perfectly. It controls oil but doesnt dry out normal areas of my face, and gives me a subtle glow. Packaging okay, functional, but i really like revlon products, they are superb quality for the price. x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by JCuevas04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is the best powder I have used next to Bare Minerals and Everyday Minerals. I needed a powder to use on really hot and humid days down here in south Florida when I didn't want to use my regular foundation (which is MAC Face & Body = LOVE). I was tired of the expensive price of BE and the waiting for the EM in the mail. So I picked this up at my local grocery store. Its under $10.00. I use this with my EM Flat Top Kabuki Brush. It goes on so silky and soft and covers amazingly well for a pressed powder. It evens out my skin tone and goes on really well on top of my sunscreen. It doesn't get blotchy. Keeps my oily skin balanced but doesn't dry it out. Lasts most of the day which is great. When I sweat in this and it doesn't get blotchy or comes off. It has a smidgen of shimmer (barely noticeable) that leaves your skin with a healthy glow not totally matted out. I hate shimmer anything except lip gloss so trust me on this. The shimmer in this powder is what I call "subliminal shimmer". This has become a staple in my make up bag and has since replaced mineral powder foundation for me. Let me add also that this doesnt break or clog my acne/clog prone oily skin which is major for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 6:07:00 AM More reviews by ellarae6

I loved this foundation!
First of all I'd like to confess that I don't own this produc as yet, I borrowed it from a friend on a night out. I fully intent to buy it as soon as i get some dough, however.
The medium colour suits my skin perfectly and it keeps the shine off my nose. The reason it didn't get 5/5 was that I'd only ever use it over a liquid foundation for nightwear. ColorStay Pressed Powder would also be good for daytime use but I like powders with spf for daywear.
Also it doesn't clog my pores, unlike alot of other pressed powders

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by cristinarn

I am the type who doesnt mind spending money on something that will make me look pretty but I also know that expensive does not always equate to better, well.....my hobby is to shop around and try out all sorts of make-up.When it comes to pressed powder Revlon Colorstay has been my HG for years now after trying/using a plethora of name brands and drugstore brands. Most name brands are soooo fine milled dusty in consistency that accentuates lines that you have never seen on your face before lolz same with mineral powders....etc.......this one has the right feel not too dusty,just the right coverage,not chalky if you use the right shade and the best thing I like is the staying power truly deserves to be called colorstay....I hate retouching all the time....

update 8/6/11 :My all time favorite pressed powder was the Revlon Colorstay pressed powder, the old one in the all black packaging. After finishing my _nth compact of my Revlon I bought a new one only in a new packaging with the see-thru semi circle black compact 2 layer compartment.....to my dismay the powder seems to have changed also= it is drier thicker,dustier...emphasizes pores ,scares,lines that u don't have etc....so I decided to look 4 my new to go powder....and Maybelline Instant Rewind to the rescue!!! Luv luv it gives you the function you are looking for without seeing it, not cakey,doesn't emphasizes pores,scars or what have.....plus it has spf!!!! can't complain so far....I have very fair skin but knowing Maybelline's shade are usually lighter I went for classic beige....just perfect!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 11:08:00 AM More reviews by chelbellboo

bought this at walmart for $9. i had been wanting to try it for a while now since i bought the colorstay foundation. i have it in shade 820 light. its a really nice powder. doesnt make my face look dried up, it has nice coverage, and the color is right on. meaning if you didnt know it was there, you wouldnt know. i use it with a little flat brush to spot ontop of my concealer to set. and i dont really even have to blend it out. it just melts right into my skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pizzamomma

I always want to keep a compact of powder with me in my purse, but I don't want to buy two of the Estee Lauder. (Too expensive.) So I am always trying to find a cheap drugstore brand. So far I like this one the best. It give a great naural coverage and the color is great!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by carmenlarue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just bought this today in medium deep. I wanted to try this powder for quite a while since I want to replace my Estee Lauder Doublewear Powder Foundation, I wear Tawny, ELDW is getting expensive $36.00 with tax and all and it is not lasting long and turning orange on me by the end of the day. So far this powder works pretty well the color is a perfect match will try for a week and tell you how it goes. Been wearing it for quite a while and I love it. The color stays true and it is long lasting GREAT PRODUCT !!!!!! :) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jbarba24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I bought it at walgreens when they had the sale on revlon buy one get one free. I use this on top of my liquid colorstay foundation. I use the liquid in 220 and the powder in medium/light. It does not make my face look chalky. I really like it. I use my sonia Kashuk blush brush to put it over my foundation and it works great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 More reviews by 7954

eugh nonononono
- so CHALKY it's just super obvious I'm wearnig powder, no matter how much I work it in
- NO coverage
- because its so chalky, I don't even like it as a setting powder.. which is what I bought it for
- crappy sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by crystal01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this powder, it's really light and don't have to keep re-applying through out the day.