November 24, 2014 | 1892 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkNailsXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hate this over my CS foundation but love it on bare skin! I buff a lil on with my Too Faced kabuki(the puff it comes with is no good) for sheer coverage and shine control, it works perfect for me, it evens out my skin and leaves it looking super soft. Whenever I apply it over my combo/oily skin CS it looks horrible though, but it's still a keeper for days when I want a fresh light no foundation look! :) It's a very silky light powder and the compact is nice also.

Medium is too light for my NC40 skin, The next shade Medium Deep is my perfect match.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by hellokitty009

This is the worst drugstore make-up product I've ever bought! Well, you get what you pay for. Stay away from this crap. It has no coverage, looks dry and creepy. Im back to my Clinique:)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by panicitstammy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

like the other reviewers stated, this was chalky and too powdery & made me look soo cakey and highlighted every dry spot! not a good look. I bought the light shade, but it turned out really white for me...
however, I like the packaging, lol, so 1+ lippie for that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

I bought this only once and I didn't love it. It was heavy and didn't give me that radiant look that I get with other products. It was lighter than it looked in the packaging and that didn't help much. I don't like this powder and I don't recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to agree - chalky, heavy, and much lighter than it looks in the package. I prefer the Maybelline Dream Matte.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by hellocommando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I expected the Revlon Colorstay pressed powder to be as good as the liquid foundation but it let me down horribly. I have yellow-undertoned skin so maybe this is the reason why it looks so bad on me, but it literally turns my skin pink. It is probably well suited for NW skin tones but for my NC skin tone it makes my face look like I am wearing more makeup than I really am. Not liking this product at all, going to go back to my mineralize skinfinish natural ASAP. Horrible product for asian skintones

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im on my way to buying my 3rd powder and I just bought my first one over a year ago. I generally cant use powders as I have a difficult tone to match and powders look powdery on my skin or a melty mess. I use this as a setting powder on top of shu umuera foundation. It doesnt look cakey or powdery - of course I spritz on a blended toner/moisturizer afterwards to add more moisture. I also use this alone when I am lazy and want to tone down redness of any existing acne I have. It shows off as slightly translucent in the light/medium I get. I use revlons golden beige even though it is not enough gold and too much beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by iAwesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this powder in medium/deep. I was looking for deep but couldn't find it so I settled for this. I use it over a foundation that's a bit too red and dark and this helps balance things out. It mattify's nicely and helps my skin look smooth but it doesn't stay long at all.

I'd give it two hours (at the MOST) before I started getting oily again. Maybe. My Rimmel Stay Matte powder keeps me decent for about 3 and it's about 5 bucks cheaper. So I guess if you don't mind re-powdering it's not so bad. But I want to stay matte for as long as possible and as cheaply as possible.

The puff that it came with is ok. Just ok. The mirror is nice and so is the packaging. It doesn't feel like it's going to snap into pieces in your hand.

I think I would like it better if I had it in the proper color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by YummyRN

I don't know what it is but I guess there is a miracle ingredient that makes my pore invesible. That is very important to me when it comes to choosing a pressed powder. It gives you nice coverage yet natural finish if you use a thick kabuki type of brush. It's definately a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't set makeup or mattify, and fades just as quickly as any other pressed powder out there. The compact is nice though, heavy duty with a good mirror in it, so for that it gets an extra star.