Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

on 6/5/2010 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I actually love this product, but then again, I like the look of of a matte finish on my skin. I bought this last summer because I was looking for a change from liquid foundation, which just cakes up and slides off in the south Texas heat, which can hover above 100F for days on end and really clogs up my skin and breaks me out, no matter what brand I use.
At first I used the puff that comes with the product. Don't do that, that makes you look like you have a pound and a half of talcum powder on your face. What I do now is I use my Estee Lauder brushes to apply. I use the concealer brush to dab a bunch under my eyes (I have dark dark circles no matter how much rest I get) and then my foundation brush to apply to my entire face. You have to blend really well, as it can cake up on you. But if you use good brushes and blend well, it leaves a soft, flawless finish that lasts quite awhile, even in the most hot and humid environments. And it actually works wonders as a concealer! I hadn't worn makeup in awhile, and I bought a compact for this summer last week and after I applied it the other day I walked into the bathroom and was actually shocked for a minute at how great my face looked! This is my new HG for summer all-over coverage.

on 5/20/2010 2:11:00 AM

if you use the puff that it comes with, you get the worst finish. i use powder brush for this and get the flawless finish that last really long. i have to give 4 stars b/c of this.

on 5/18/2010 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I didn't like this powder at all, i dont know why but it seemed like when i put it on it looked like powder was cake on my face. It wasn't my favorite powder but it FELT light and soft but it just didn't look like it.

on 5/10/2010 12:49:00 PM

this powders not horrible, but its not my favorite. i three of these at the same time because i just could not tell which color would work for me. my skin has a pink undertone and all three that i bough have yellow undertones to it. it does make my foundation last pretty long, but it can get really chalky. so i recommend not using the sponge they provide. get a brush, it makes the powder go on so much nicer. like i said though, its not my favorite. i currently do not use it because it just does not do the job for me. it seems like it would be nicer for people with yellow undertones in their skin.

on 5/10/2010 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this powder for almost 10 yrs now. It feels very light when when you wear it. Not at all heavy. However, it does not provide great coverage. It doesn't go on very well on top of a foundation too. Perfect to keep for days when you do not want to use a foundation and just go light. It also makes my skin look oily after about 6 hrs or so and needs touch up. But what I love about this product is that it NEVER breaks me out. There have been times I have used the product with constant touch up for almost 16 hrs. Stays true to what it claims - totally non-comedogenic! Highly recommended for oily skin that is acne prone. Must try.

- lasts long. Daily usage once lasts for almost 6 months.
- applies better with a powder brush. The sponge is no good.
- expensive.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hate this over my CS foundation but love it on bare skin! I buff a lil on with my Too Faced kabuki(the puff it comes with is no good) for sheer coverage and shine control, it works perfect for me, it evens out my skin and leaves it looking super soft. Whenever I apply it over my combo/oily skin CS it looks horrible though, but it's still a keeper for days when I want a fresh light no foundation look! :) It's a very silky light powder and the compact is nice also.

Medium is too light for my NC40 skin, The next shade Medium Deep is my perfect match.

This is the worst drugstore make-up product I've ever bought! Well, you get what you pay for. Stay away from this crap. It has no coverage, looks dry and creepy. Im back to my Clinique:)

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

like the other reviewers stated, this was chalky and too powdery & made me look soo cakey and highlighted every dry spot! not a good look. I bought the light shade, but it turned out really white for me...
however, I like the packaging, lol, so 1+ lippie for that.

on 4/5/2010 10:04:00 PM

I bought this only once and I didn't love it. It was heavy and didn't give me that radiant look that I get with other products. It was lighter than it looked in the packaging and that didn't help much. I don't like this powder and I don't recommend it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have to agree - chalky, heavy, and much lighter than it looks in the package. I prefer the Maybelline Dream Matte.