November 24, 2014 | 1933 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by plumrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The MUA at MAC advised me to try the Strobe liquid instead of the Strobe cream since it's lighter in consistency and can used more diversely (ie: blended with foundation). I use it lightly as a moisturizer beneath my foundation. I must say I was impressed with the results. It provided a subtle sheen/dewiness to my face (but not in a disco-ball/nightclub sort of way). It also slightly evens out my skin tone before the foundation - making my face look much more hydrated. It's subtle, so it looks like I have a natural "glow". Best applied with the 187 brush. Gorgeous effect!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpVideosAndMore

ok so i've been using this product for 3 weeks now so it's about time to give it a review. what i do is i mix this with my regular liquid foundation (be it MAC studio fix fluid, or Revlon Custom Creations, or even my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer) and use my MAC 187 stippling brush to put it all over my face and boy i'm loving loving loving it! it gives me that smooth fresh dewy finish. i took out one lippie because so far, that's the only use of this product for me. i don't use it as a moisturizer itself because it's too thin to use as a moisturizer but i like the consistency because you could easily just mix it with your liquid foundation, and viola, you're very own sheer tinted moisturizer that'll give you that natural glow you've always wanted...specially summer time should come up soon, this is gonna look good. it's not oily on my skin at all that's why i really like it. i don't see this not working for everyone because it is very light and there is at least one good use for this product. it's quite pricey at $29.50 but then it's MAC so i guess it's worth it. and yes i would definitely buy this product again and i'm glad it's one of their permanents...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Atomickitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I've been playing with the strobe liquid the last few weeks and these are my findings.

First I tried patting it on over my foundation with fingers. Alas, it clumped together and didn't look good.

Then I tried stippling it on with a brush. Better, but couldn't get it to blend into the foundation.

Thirdly I tried applying it under my foundation. No pilling, but after I put on the rest of my makeup the white glow was covered.

In other words, not for me. If you have flawless skin that doesn't need any foundation, you can totally rock this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 6:09:00 PM More reviews by blondie7110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this product today after having it applied at the MAC store. It is great! It gives a "sheen" or "glow" not a glittery or oily appearance. It was put just on top of my cheekbones and around my eyes and the technician applied it after my foundation. The directions say to apply before but I guess it doesn't matter! If you are looking for a glow w/out glitter this product does just that.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 5:01:00 AM More reviews by amy_forster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tested this product in store because I wasn't a fan of the texture of strobe cream. The cream is a little to thick & makes it feel like I had more m/u on than I actually did. In theory, the liquid was perfect. But, I didn't by it. In reality, when I tested it in the store, I just couldn't see the strobe effect. It also seemed quite white on my skin, which when I'm NW20 is something I don't need.

I really want to get this to work for me as I love to look healthy & glowy rather than greasy so if anyone has any tips for me that'd be great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

I looooove this. I apply this with a 129 (powder/blush brush). then i apply my foundation( various liquid ,depending on what i need that day) with the same brush and then set it with either pressed blot or select sheer loose. it provides my skin with great moisture and antioxidants.I just love how my skin is transformed frtom flacky (retin-a side effect) to perfect.I really don't wear foundations with much coverage and this improves my skin to where i can just put on powder and look pulled together :) I love it & i'm so happy that it's not LE! i highly recommend this in combination with any sunblock !!!(just for info: my skin is oily ,i live in humid florida and sometimes i get a little flacky and irritated from retin-a) . Oh edit: i discovered that using this with the 213 or 223LE brush is perfect for direct highlight placement and putting it under your eye concealer work lke magic :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 5:28:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the liquid format of this product! The packaging is great too, its like a mini Fix+ bottle. A couple pumps of this is all you need for an allover application. There is no discernable shimmer once applied, it just provides a dewy dimension to the face. I love it alone or in conjunction with Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. It's not too much richness or too oily for my oily/combination skin at all. Love this and will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2008 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Giddylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was reluctant to try strobe again because the cream broke me out when used under MU. I gave the liquid a try and I have not had the same trouble with irritation. This liquid is very lightweight and is great when patted on top of Foundation and blush and yay! it doesnt break me out! So needless to say give this a try if you stopped using strobe because of the breakouts..This is awesome for those days that the foundation just isnt enough.
***** Its about 2 months later..and this stuff sucks!******
Over my foundation it seems to streak it..uggh!