Sonia Kashuk Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

4.7

on 8/25/2011 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This brush is all kinds of amazing. I use it to apply my powder and blush. I've heard that it is excellent as a foundation brush, but I have always applied my foundation with a sponge, and you're never going to get me to change, lol.

Once my foundation is dried, I buff my powder (MAC Skinfinish Natural) lightly into my skin, and it looks amazing-no cakey-ness, no powder overload-it looks flawless. And it is great for blush too! I actually prefer it to my blush brush now, because I can start out at my temple and down towards my cheekbone without having it encompass my whole cheek.

I'm actually going to go back for another, so I can use one for powder, and one for blush, so I'm not constantly washing it.

on 8/13/2011 3:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

OMG! This works so well will Revlon ColorStay which I wear several times a month. I know others take issue with the size but it's perfect with CS because you have to work in small sections. The result is very smooth. I can't wait to try it out with other full coverage foundations. For some reason it doesn't work well with my current daily medium coverage foundation. It ends up looking cakey. Other than that it doesn't shed and feels so soft on my face.

on 8/10/2011 9:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I purchased this product primarily for foundation application. I enjoy this brush because the bristles are soft on my sensitive skin and it is so dense that I feel that my product is not getting lost in the bristles meaning MINIMAL waste. I enjoy the sleek design of this brush although I would not recommend it to be "travel friendly." All in all a good buy.

on 7/11/2011 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Truthfully, I hate foundation application with a brush. It doesn't work for me. It doesn't look good and I hate cakey-looking make-up. I prefer to apply my foundation with my warm fingers so that it melts seamlessly into my skin. However, I DO like to use a brush to buff/smooth things out after I've applied my foundation. This brush is fabulous for that, it makes my foundation virtually undetectable. I'm a huge fan of Sonia Kashuk. Period.

I think everyone should own this brush.

on 7/7/2011 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

ok so when i went to my local target store i was so dissapointed when i found out that they had no elf powder brushes left in stock!!!!!! so i had no choice but to get the sonia kashuk flat top brush. When i first opened it i was so pissed because it had little hairs sticking out of it. When i first tryed it i wore my lotion yaddyyyadda, then when i applied my foundation which i used chanel tient innocence at the time it looked HORRIBLE!!!! omg u dont even understand when i looked in the mirror it was gloopy cakey and i looked disgusting so i took that shit right off and applied it with my mac stippling brush. That was a waste of my time and money.

on 6/24/2011 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Meh, not my favorite Sonia Kashuk brush. I initially purchased this brush to stipple and buff in my liquid foundation. I already had the Sonia Kashuk stippling brush but I saw a lot of good reviews about this brush on youtube. I was at Target one day and figured I might as well grab it. Well, I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. This brush is far too weak to stipple in foundation. The bristles don't stand up very well. Plus, it's TINY! It takes forever to do my entire face with this brush! However, I have found that this brush is pretty good for cream blushes. I'm not a huge cream blush user but I do have one. This brush is great for that. If I could go back, I wouldn't have purchased this. It was $16, I believe? To think for that price + shipping I could have bought a nice Sigma brush! At least it's getting a bit of use in the blush department.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i love this brush!! got it for around 14 dollars @ target. i use it to blend my liquid foundation in circular motions. it does not me looking streaky. the bristles are soft &,dense, & there isnt much shedding...only once in a while. (but all brushes are like that.) i think this will last me a pretty long time!

on 6/24/2011 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have had this brush now for about a year and love it. It has not shed while cleaning or applying makeup and it is very gentle on the skin. Ive read other reviews that it tends to streak and in my experience it did but I want to attribute that to the lack of a primer. I don't experience it now after using a primer. The handle is supposed to be ergonomic but my hand does cramp a bit as I blend and blend my makeup. I do wish that it was bigger just to make the application process of foundation faster.

on 6/23/2011 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I love this brush! I use it with MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation; Revlon Colorstay foundation, and even cream foundation. It's a very dense brush and blends extremely well! I definitely recommend this brush to those looking for a good foundation brush!

on 6/23/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Like the previous reviewer I also bought this for contouring but it was not a good brush for that! I use this with liquid foundation and it blends it out beautifully. I have now problems with hair falling out, this brush just takes a little longer than the others to dry after washing, I've had mine for over a year now and I love it!

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products