August 23, 2014 | 1046 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Light SPF10

Original:Active Ingredient: 5% Titanium Dioxide Additional Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Silica, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14 /14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tretramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI77510)]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATED:
Estee Lauder have released new 0.5 shades in this foundation. My review below was for the then lightest Shade (1) but I have since bought the new lightest shade (0.5) which is a fantastic, perfact match for my skin. Rest of the review still stands. Fantastic product.

I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (Shade 1) every day for a week and I have to say that I am really impressed.

My skin:
- Very oily and greasy. I usually touch up with finishing powder on my cheeks, nose, forehead and chin at least 3 - 4 times a day, more in hot weather.
- Fair skinned with pink undertones

Application:
- Cleansed face and dusted with finishing powder (currently out of primer!). Applied foundation over skin and left to set for a couple of minutes. Set with a finishing powder (Laura Mercier Loose Finishing Powder in translucent). Applied blusher over top etc

Test:
- An early morning gym workout: Immediately after my workout (a HIT class by the way!!) I examined my foundation which had stayed perfectly matte, soft & smooth, non-streaky and non-orange. Perspiration was also kept under control i.e. only above lip. I applied a light dusting of finishing powder after my work out, but this was more of a personal preference thing as opposed to being essential because the foundation held really well. I usually use a powder makeup when I work out, such as the Bare Minerals Foundation (which I've stopped using), and post-workout my makeup would usually be really wet, sweaty, streaky and oily. No such problems with this foundation

-City heat and pollution / full day at work: This whole week has been 28c - 32c so travelling conditions have been really humid, hot, muggy and sticky. I'm talking about the London tube! This foundation held really, really nicely. As above, it stayed beautifully matte and when I arrived at work it looked exactly the same as when I had just applied it that morning. It withstood the heat and pollution fantastically and there was no need to even touch up.

Pros:
- Super heat, sweat, exercise, travel & pollution resistant
- Stays matte all day, minimal finishing powder necessary to maintain matte finish
- Controls oiliness really well, pretty much all day
- Excellent coverage, not too heavy but probably a bit heavier than what you would expect a foundation advertised as 'light' to be
- Easy to blend
- Hasn't clogged my pores
- SPF 10
- Don't need to apply a lot

Cons:
- Limited number of shades, only six. I'm very fair skinned and wear the lightest shade which is probably a little too dark for me
- No discernible skin care benefits / ingredients like you would find in Clarins foundations, for example
- For a light foundation I would say that it is probably a little too heavy, but this doesn't really bother me
- Slightest hint of orange / yellow which doesn't work so well with pinky skin tones like mine but would work really well for people with more yellow undertones
- A little stubborn to remove
- Quite pricey (I paid £28.50 from House of Fraser)

The bottom line is that this is a great foundation which although is a little heavier than advertised, stays beautifully matte all day and withstands heat, sweat, oiliness and exercise really, really well. That said, I would only give this 4 stars because of the limited number of shades and the lack of skincare boosting ingredients in this foundation.

I would definitely repurchase this product again as it will be a permanent addition to my foundation rotation.

Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyltrisiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenyl Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methicone, Propylene Carbonate, Tetramethyl Hexyphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Sorbic Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Yasmin116

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A truly lovely hardworking summer foundation.

I usually steer clear of Estee Lauder and Double Wear in particular. However in my desperation to find something that works and stays put on my very sweaty productive summer skin, I tried this out and was very pleasantly surprised... Delighted actually.

I bought this in Intensity 4, which is somewhat too light and ashy for my skin (NC44/NW35 or C6 MAC or Praline in Tom Ford or Honeycombe in Sleek). Intensity 5 seemed too dark - more of a 6.5 Bobbi Brown or NC50 MAC.

I wear this over my sunscreen, using a paddle brush and then correct the colour by either mixing in NC45 or add a very thin layer of NC45 over the top. It looks somewhat dubious on application... All dry and stiff and sitting somewhat in my dry patches. However after my 1-hour hot & sticky commute into work, for me it seems to mix with my facial oils (or my sunscreen!) and transforms into a lovely natural glowing satiny finish, with a nice medium coverage that lasts a good 8-10 hour day, with maybe a light dusting of blotting powder during a particularly hot / sweaty day.

I've been wearing this for two weeks now and I'm still surprised and impressed by how good my skin looks in this throughout the day and at the end of the day. Wonderful stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Zaynab7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This happens to be my first ever foundation (wasn't allowed to wear makeup and asides that i'm quite lazy to put the effort into it, lol). This is a beautiful foundation, didn't looked caked on at all and wears easily. I'm am however a 1st time user with acne-prone, sensitive and combo skin and this didn't break me out at all, if anything it might have actually helped my skin. When i removed the foundation, any zit that was under it, was drying out. Quite a keeper as m.a.c broke me out like mad when i tested it (I was looking for a good foundation at the time). I used the small testers I was given a few times and was highly complimented as it looked very natural on my skin. Anyway I am happy with the final purchase, but I think i bought a foundation 2 shades lighter than me so i use it under my eyes as a brightening effect, lol. #problems
Asides from the colour purchase, I do recommend it but i want to get the right shade so if or when I do run out, I am not sure if I will repurchase as I hardly wear makeup but if I were a makeup user I would re-purchase. Hope this helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by PMC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best hot weather foundation I've used on a regular basis. Light enough, covers enough, and wears like the dickens. I have oily sensitive skin. I used to use Revlon ColorStay for combo skin and while that, too, wears long, it clogged me more. This one will occasionally produce a clog but not too often, which for me is saying a lot. Nice glowy matte finish, looks good in photos. In summer, I put it on bare skin. In winter, I use over a light moisturizer for oily skin. Wish they had a few more colors in the selection, but Level 2 does match me well, though I wish it had just a touch more warmth in the tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised with this foundation! I was struggling to find a long-wearing foundation that looked and felt natural, and controlled my oily t-zone - sounds too good to be true, right? After struggling to find just the right shade with the regular Double Wear, I thought I'd try the DW Light.

I am a PERFECT match for intensity 4.0, which is awesome because in the regular DW, 4W1 was a touch too light, 4W2 was a touch too dark and 4N2 was a touch too pink! When I first applied this stuff, I was worried it wouldn't be heavy enough to cover my acne scarring and even out my skin tone, but it definitely did the job! It doesn't feel cakey and sticky like the regular Double Wear, and doesn't cling to any dry patches.

The tube bottle is fantastic - easy to carry around with you and no worries about having it break or spill out all over your bag.

The best thing is that it truly does last the entire day. It looks really good with a bit of powder over the top (although I apply with a very light hand and just enough to control any extra oil) and I feel like I have a flawless face without obviously looking like I'm covered in makeup. I couldn't believe that I looked in the mirror at the end of a busy day (without getting time to do any touch ups throughout the day) and my face still looked almost as good as it did in the morning. I'm sold!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

This reminds me of super glue!!!!

I am looking for a long lasting foundation for wedding day, after I read all the good/bad reviews about this product I went out to Shoppers and try it.

I am NC 20-25 dry / combination
Cons:
- oxidized to darker pink color - not suitable for yellow-based asian skin
- glues to your face - seriously, if you put some think drops on your hands, 15 min later, you have to rub it off. i can't imagine anybody's skin can breathe in this

Pro:
- would be good for NW20 oily skin on a hot day

I didn't buy this in the end - it absorbs all my oil on my normal skin and makes me feel tight.
you can also see the dry patches and it's hard to blend.

disappointed.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by asasirry

This foundation is just amazing.
Most often long wearing foundations look patchy on me because of my dry patches.
But this one is just perfect, looks really natural. Im using shade 02, it never looks cakey nor obvious.
Packaging is the best, its easy to cut open when your running out but still looks stylish!
Nothing more annoying than a glass bottle of an expensive foundation that you cant get out..
Suits all skintypes, not a good colour selection.
I tried the original double wear, looked very cakey and fake, smelled like paint and craked every time i smiled or moved a muscle. The light version is a totally different story!
Love it Love it Love it! Perfect for going out night or just when i need good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by chupachupspc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have been using this product and currently at my third tube.
I have very oily skin and stay in humid and hot SEA country.I dont really have acne-prone skin but do have occasional breakout and clogged pores.
This product is good as it does have some oil control properties that can keep my skin shine-free for about 3 hrs, slightly oily for another 3hrs and I need to start blotting after that. It will slide slightly but never cake.
I will recommend this to oily skin people as it has a matte finish and dont feel very heavy on your skin. To achieve a flawless and matte finish, I am using this together with Chanel Purete Mat. The combination helps to achieve instant very-matte look and help to extend my shine-free duration by an hour or two. However, I would still look out for better foundation that can keep my oil at bay for at least 6 hrs as it does slide pretty soon (like 3hrs for me) and that doesnt look good if people see small streaks of foundation on your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

As always i am on the hunt looking for the next best foundation. i stopped by the EL counter at macys and tried the DWL in shade 3.0 - since they had a limited range in shade, i figured if this was too light i could adjust the color w/ bronzer or darken it up with a darker foundation i currently have in my stash. surprisingly it was a good match to my nc37-nc40 skintone. i love that it doesn't cake on and it truly does last a long time w/o making my skin feel like i have a mask on. also i love the squeeze tube applicator it comes in- i thought at first this was less product than other foundations, but according to the tube it is 1.0 fluid ounces which is standard for most all foundations. i guess others have a more bulky glass packaging (mac mineralize or Armani foundation) so it seems like there is more product. i would repurchase when i run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jiller777

LOVE this foundation..they label it as sheer, because its lightweight and blends into skintone beautifull. Love the stayin power of this foundation and I never get any lines of demarkation, the matches are dead on, they are all neutral, so never to pink or yellow. GREAT summer foundation, will hold up in heat and not transfer, unlike many other foundations marketed the same way. The quality is amazing, and I apply it with my sigma angled top kabuki brush. Less is always more, I went from using foundations that had med-full coverage, only to realize I lok more freshfaced and beautiful in something like this. Does a great job at covering any skin issues. Everyone should own a nautral foundation like this and just conealor where needed vs wearing a mask all over their good skin areas. In direct sunlight this foundation is almost undectable, my skin but better ! Estee is just amazing and underrated cus their packaging isnt "hip" id rather pay for quality..It sets to basically a matte finish. With their matte primer your set for summer ! I always come back to this after tryn other brands, you name it ive tried it but nothing loks soo great on my skin like this one does. Great for everyday use, fragrance free, doesnt clog pores.. the more dense the brush more coverage you will get.
Since this is a LONG wearing foundation, FULLY remove with makeup wipes, then cleanse the skin, DO NOT use pore scrubbing face washes to remove your makeup, u will push it into the pores..NEVER got one bump from this and ive used for 3yrs. Mac gave me cosmetic acne. Very great for sensitve acne prone skin, just remove the proper way. Im NC20-25 and Intesity 2.0 is perfect.. End of day makeup looks flawless, good for all skintypes, and their matte primer is amazing..I dont have oily skin but the primer works well in the Tzone where we all get a tad of shine naturally

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No