August 31, 2014 | 1343 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by paintsmeblue

Best drugstore brushes by far! My first brushes were from Ecotools because they are cheap and good quality! I would recommend these brushes to anyone. They don't shed and they are super soft. Love them!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mighttango

I bought the angled eye liner brush by itself - wonderful brush for gel liner! Guess I'll buy the kit next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ecotools brushes are the best drugstore brushes in my opinion. They are super inexpensive, very affordable for those of us on a budget and they work extremely well. They are easy to wash and don't fall apart on you. The travel size set is perfect for smaller hands and easy to pack in your purse. Ecotools brushes are a staple in my makeup case. No regrets!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by auricblaze4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had these brushes for about a year and a half now and I can honestly say that I love them. Mine came in the little brush roll, which I love for travel purposes. These are the softest brushes for their price! My favorite is the powder brush because of how baby smooth it feels. I have washed these several times, and I have not experienced any shedding until more recently. The shedding, however, is very minimal. I can see these brushes lasting for a few more years and then I will probably just buy a replacement set.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by cmkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had my 5 piece Ecotools set for 2 years. I like the powder brush and slanted eyeliner brush. However, the eyeshadow brush is by far not my favorite. Unless the e/s is very well pigmented and soft it just doesn't pick up enough product. Also, it goes on streaky. I decided to splurge on some crease and e/s brushes purchasing a Chanel, Laura Mercier and a Mac.

The difference is incredible. E/S's I couldn't apply at all with the Ecotools brush are applied effortlessly with the other higher end brushes.

For the price, when my daughters get older I would definitely purchase an Ecotools set and throw in another brand like Elf's e/s and liner which is better in terms of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by gardengrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love these and the whole Ecotools brush line. I have two sets so that I can rotate as I clean them. They don't take that long to dry, but it's nice not to have to time my brush washing against my next make-up application, and they are inexpensive enough to make two sets a reasonable luxury. They don't shed, and I've had no issues with cleaning them. I do wipe each of my eye makeup brushes with a damp washcloth after each use. I like the bamboo handles and recycled aluminum ferules as they coordinate well with my Aveda Environmetals compact.

* Powder brush: soft, good and round. Couple of pats on the blush, sweep it on the apples of my cheeks, natural, healthy glow.

* Concealer brush: I use to apply my light eyeshadow base color across my whole eye area. Efficient application.

* Shadow brush: I use it to apply color to my lid. It holds the shadow and doesn't scatter or drop any on the way to my eye even when I've really loaded it up. This is a vast improvement over the Body Shop synthetic shadow brush that I used to use.

* Angle brush: I've used it wet to apply dark shadow as a liner, but I've found that I prefer a shorter brush for tight lining. (I found an Ecotools eyebrow kit at Ross and the angled brush in that is the perfect length.) I've toyed with the idea of sticking the handle in a pencil sharpener to shorten it, but that would probably throw off the balance.

* Brow brush/lash comb: Don't wear mascara and I prefer the spoolie brush that came with my eyebrow kit for my brows.

* Brush roll: I use for traveling some, but I have more than five brushes so it's not ideal. I like the fabric, but it is light and picks up stains.

* Packaging: Grr. Vinyl and fabric. Totally un-recyclable. The manufacturer suggests reusing it for travel but a tall, non- watertight zip top bag is not that useful. I have old brushes that I don't use stored in one, but I'd rather this had come in a paperboard package to recycle or a watertight, PET bag to reuse.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by drugstorediva22

i love all 5 of these brushes!(: they are sooo soft! my favorite is the blush/powder brush! its so soft and great for blush or setting foundation! the eyeshadow brush is almost too soft, i use it for blending/applying a light wash of a brow bone color. the concealer brush is just so so, i dont use it that much. same with the eyebrow brush. the liner brush is great as well, its a fairly thin line (although, im just getting into eyeliner application with a brush, so maybe im not the best judge for that..).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by calles2

I love love love this brush set.

1) The blush brush is perfect for mineral makeup. I use bare minerals and it works perfectly.

2)Concealer brush helps blend and get into corners.

3) I use the eyeliner brush for smokey eyes.

4) Eye shadow brush works well.

5) Brow brush....mehh I never use this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

Ecotools brushes are my favourite brushes to use for my face and eyes. These are no exception - they are clean, dense, and soft. Though I wouldn't recommend using them for the "intended" purpose (each brush says what it should be used for on the handle), they are really great. My favourite is the "highlight" brush, which I use for my crease. It's super soft and get for blending!
The only con is that they have very short handles - I don't mind, easy for travel, but some people mind. The little case is just adorable!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Trincy

This 5 piece set is the best deal! The brushes are really lovely, good quality and so so soft.. they also wash really easily and dry quickly!

I particularly like the eye shadow and the liner brushes.. they are brilliant! I find that the blush/powder brush doesn't pick up compact powders too well but I usually use the rubbishy hair brushes that come with the products to put it on my skin and then use the Eco tool to buff it in!

I love the packaging and although the brush roll isn't wipe clean it's easily washed. What I really love is that they are so well priced you can actually afford to have more than one of each brush! Yay for blending!!

I'm going to stock up now because I'm sure they will up the price soon enough!