July 23, 2014 | 1096 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by LadyMidnight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As amazing as people say. You can buy it direct from the company or on ebay for a few cents cheaper. AMAZING for keratosis pilaris and the cloth stays clean. I love using this with Dr. Bronner's almond liquid soap.

Protip: if you find it too scratchy, try folding the cloth in the shower instead of using it bunched up like a poof. If the surface is flat, it's less irritating.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Since this Salux towel is on the MUA’s “MUA Top Picks” page a couple of years ago, I tracked it down in the local Asian stores in DC metro area but could not find one. So I ordered one from Amazon.com and received fake Chinese towel. I complained to Amazon and they refunded the full $ and let me keep that Chinese towel. Some reasons, I did not throw away it and took it when I traveled to California last year. I could not take shower without a pouf mash sponge since I became adult (stocked up at Bath & Body Works’ semi-annual sales with ~ $2) it takes time to dry off when I travel. That Chinese towel dried off in ~ 10 min, which is about the time I spent for dressing up after shower. Anyway, I looked for authentic Japanese Salux at stores in San Jose’s Japantown. I did not find one so I bought some Korean made towels (not as good as Chinese towel) from Daiso (kind of Dollar store for Japanese products in CA). Finally, on my second trip to California in this spring, I found these Salux towels at "Marina" grocery from Union City. It is a Japanese grocery store (it also had very good Japanese sesame dressing!). I paid $4 each and bought every color from the shelf. So I finally compared it to fake Chinese towel from Amazon and actually, the fake one is not that bad. It is thinner than Salux and less rough in texture. I can’t use Salux daily in the shower as it is quite rough for my *thin* skin :). I used about 3 times a week. I also used on my face when I wore MU. I used regular face cleaner; usually L’Oreal gel and it deep cleans my long wearing MU without a trace. Of course, I rubbed gently on the face and I like it better than St. Ive’s Apricot face scrub. I rinse it well after each use and when I used on the face, I used it before the rest of the body. I also dropped it in the washer weekly and so far, so strong and I have happy face and healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this from my local 2 dollar shop in New Zealand. So cheap. A little stiff and rough at first but only after a few times it gets much softer. A nice size to reach your back too. I no longer get scaly looking legs and my whole body is so much softer. I wouldn't recommend using this on your face, I think it's too abrasive. I've had this for a couple of months and it's still going strong. Would repurchase and recommend to people who don't have super sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by kushiez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been one of the best product recommendations I have gotten from MUA. I love how easy it is to use and how wonderfully exfoliating it is on your body. I have heard of people using this on their face, however I would caution against that unless you have skin of steel. Its super hygenic also; you can stick it in the washing machine once in a while with some bleach and bam! Good as new.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'll never use a pouf again. I stock up on these off eBay. I do wonder how often you should replace though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered these cloths form the Salux distributor here in California, and received them so quickly. I had my doubt given that I've been a "scrubber" my whole life, but WOW BABY!, these things do feel like 10 million microscopic elves exfoliating and massaging your body at once!
I've been careful not to over-use (although the temptation is difficult), as I am concerned about being over-doing and creating a nightmare on my already over-sensitive skin. I think I'll just need to work up to more scrubbings. I've ordered more for friends and family, as I am sure that they will love the experience.
Please make sure that you go to the manufacturer's web site and order, and please do not be over-zealous in your scrubbing. I think that most of you ladies will love these!
Thank you, Makeupalley gals!

UPDATE: I am still using these, but only once per week. Perfect! It is the most amazing sensual experience! Nothing like it.

2nd UPDATE: Status quo--these are still great, just make sure that you do not over-use. I am still at once weekly.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by shannonannagins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used the bath poufs you can buy at Target for about 10 years, so when I would see these Salux towels at Mitsuwa, I never thought to try one. I didn't know there would be a difference. But based on the reviews, I decided to give it a shot (only 3 dollars if I didn't like it, so not a big deal). I am so impressed. I already have very soft skin (thank you Mom!) but this made it even softer. After my shower, my skin feels as soft and smooth as my two-year-old's baby skin. Also, I enjoy using this towel to lather up, because it's scrubbier than the poufs and makes my skin feel tingly and really, really clean.....like I've just gone to the Korean bath house kind of clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by zee81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This little gem has saved my skin. I have been dealing with bacne this summer and thanks to MUA reviews I decided to order some from Saluxshop. When I first tried the cloth, I was worried that the texture would be too rough but not at all. I feel invigorated, cleaner, and much smoother now. I scrunch up the cloth except for when I use it on my back, I use it at full length for that. I also like that the cloth is easy to rinse out, and it takes very little time for it to dry. This is definitely worth buying over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Cinja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product - found in local Japanese store. Sloughs away all dead skin in all areas. Comes in different grades - I think I got the soft or super soft and it still has a slight rough texture to it. BUT! That's perfect - you don't want it too soft, that defeats the purpose. It is recommended to use light to medium circular strokes starting from the face and neck and moving down, TOWARDS the heart. This is the proper way to stimulate your circulation and release toxins - and trust me, we have ALOT of build-up since our skin is the largest organ we have. Use only a little bit of soap - this holds soap really, really well.

This scrubbie product also gets extra bonus points for having just enough length so you can fully get your back too, just use it at a cross bow angle. There is more dead skin on the back then you can imagine ;) use it happily and often ~ my skin feels so freakin' nice afterwards. And my back looks amazing!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by NMitchel

I bought one of these for myself and my mum. My mum trimmed hers (which, if you do, just make sure you take a lighter to the edges just so it doesn't unravel!) and we both love them! Ordered them off eBay for $15 with shipping (a little pricey from everything else I've heard but I live in a small town and the Asian market in the city doesn't carry them). Combined this with my dry skin brushing and I have amazingly soft skin. My mum is in her 40's and her skin has looked much more supple since using this. We also have to use way less body wash, about a quarter of a bottle has gone in two months with me showering every other day and my mum showering every day.

Great buy!