October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - bamboo eye shading brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by CherryO03

I am a huge ecotools fan. This brush is pretty good its stiff and dense. I personally think it is packed on so tight that it doesn't pack on that much eyeshadow. I love using it along my crease. I think its to dense and wipes off more color that it blends. But its great to sweep on your base and applying highlights beneath your eyebrow bone. Overall this brush has way more benefits than it does flaws. So i have to say again I just really wish ecotools came out with more brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DiyaSpade

This is the only brush in my collection that I have a back up of. I dont use this brush for e/s application, I find that it doent pick up hadow too well. I use it to apply my paint pots. Before, I used to apply paint pots w/ a concealer brush, a regular e/s brush, or my fingers, and it would always come out unevenly, but with this brush it comes out smoothly on my eye lids, and I think I use less product. This is a great brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by startingliner732

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! if anything its the reason I bought the set. Its super soft, and perfect for blending harsh colors on the crease. It doesnt pick up any color on its own, but who cares thats not what its for. It does what my one dollar elf brush wouldnt do. but thats expected.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush isn't very good for putting on eyeshadow as it is too stiff and dense to pick up much product. But I find that the brush is good for blending!

Edit: OK! I finally figured out what this brush is good for.Its great for foiling eyeshadows as it is dense and smooth. So what I do it I put a drop of Visine on the back of my hand, dip my brush into it. Pat the brush into any metallic eyeshadow. Spackle it onto my eyelid. Voila! Very pigmented, metallic, looking eyeshadow. And the nice thing about the way the bristles are made is that the brush dries quickly and doesn't get gunky. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 2:36:00 AM More reviews by niuniu

I had very mixed feelings about this brush at first. I had very high expectation from reading all the reviews. I first tried this with Bobbi Brown's Long wear eye shadows. It didn't pick up a lot of colour. So if I had reviewed right after doing that I would have probably given this product a 1 instead of 5. But ladies let's be creative because this brush can be a 4-in-1 brush and you don't even know it. ^__<

1. Concealer Brush: Lets not talk about the eye shading for a minute. When you see the brush in the package. It looks like a regular eye shadow brush but with a tip! The tip is really firm. Although this didn't pick up my eyeshadow at first it is great for dabbing and blending concealer. So I use this as a concealer brush for my blemishes and dark eye circles. Very impressed.

2. Eyeliner Brush: That being said. This brush has a very firm tip which I thought it was weird at first But I grew to love it. It can also be great as an eyeliner brush as well. Although I don't recommend using this with eyeliner gel. But with eyeliner powder, this can work as a charm. Likewise on my brows.

3. Eye Contour Brush: The fibres on this brush is very flexible. It can be bent into different shapes and stay in the shape that you like. With the default form with the tip. You can take your hands and gently brush the fibres to one side. then this will create a very nice slope which makes eye contouring very easy.

4. Eyeshadow Brush: And last but not least, the eye shadow brush. I find that this brush works much better as an eyeshadow brush if the tip was not there. So just press down on the fibres and it will become flat and rounded. The typical eyeshadow brush like. I have yet to try this on my powder eye shadows but I can tell you that with my BB Long wear this is like a charm. This also picks up glitter very nicely as I like since most brushes will just loosly pick it up and then as you put it on your lids it will fall onto your face. This will not do that. At least it hasn't done it to me yet. I just gently press the glitter onto my eyes. And it sticks.

Overall the last really great comment I have to make about this brush is how easy to clean this brush is. I just kind of dust it off and it becomes clean. It looks new all the time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very good brush, very good with picking up pigment and good with laying it on the lids. doesnt shed either. and hairs have a very fine stability. not too soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are a must for using with Paintpots, cream shadows, and blending out Shadesticks. They're cheap, stiff, and do a good job of applying cream products to the lid evenly.

They're synthetic, but very soft and easy to control. I have a stash of these for foiling with pigments, paints, etc. These do not work to blend shadow or apply shadow to the lid evenly, so the name is a bit of a trap.

My only complaint is that they don't get clean enough using MAC's Brush Cleanser. I had to break out the baby shampoo to really get them as clean as I like. Somehow, I don't think they'll last a really good amount of time, but at $3.50, I can't complain too much.

Definately a cheap thrill must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by judytu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like these brushes it picks up color great.. i'm very pleased of the outcome..

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ObscureRadium

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this brush, it does a decent job on picking up color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by tgdlove

the eyeshadow brush is super soft but doesnt pick up much color.. but otherwise I love the eyeliner brush, a litle think but i still love it